Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Re: Warner.....still has it

30 tickets!!!!!Darn I only have 6. Oh well having one for that one is good enough 4 me.

LET'S GO DODGERS

BobNWeave is offline Registered User

I love Warner. It's mixed emotions for me because he's a favorite of mine, not just because he's a good player but he's a great human being. his brother goes to church with me, he actually came and spoke at my church a few months ago. He is the real deal. No hypocrisy, just a genuine, nice & very friendly guy.

So I have a hard time rooting against him, but no so much against Arizona. Arizona does look like they could be good this year. Their D Line is stout, their receivers are stout, their LB's look pretty good, Arrington is promising. The Oline looks to be their downfall. Just hope KW doesn't get hurt. Again.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

[

That said, with protection, Warner could still win a championship. It really comes down to the offensive line. Dennie Green can run the offense towards Warner's style. I look forward to a good rivalry.[/QUOTE]
    That was the Rams down fall with Warner with all the losses. Bulger has had the same problem too! Our line play is what killed us along with some of that ridiculous play calling back then! But,with blocking both qbs can light it up!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I don't much like the idea of Groce/Bartell/Ivy trying to cover Fitzgerald
    I see that having to fall on the shoulders of Bartell. Of our CBs he may be the only one with enough size (barring Hawthorne, but who, other than Fitzgerald, wants to see that) to cover a big guy like LF.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I hope Kurt Warner fails miserably this year.

But, guess what?

I hope Matt Hasselbeck fails miserably...

I hope Alex Smith fails miserably...

I hope Donovan McNabb fails miserably...

I hope Michael Vick fails miserably...

I hope Duante Culpepper fails miserably...

etc.

etc.

etc.

Its us ...

Against them... (everyone else).
    Really good point Made! I have been one to voice my theories as to why he left and they haven't been all so welcome,But this is a good summary!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Everyone knows why he left!..It was him or Martz so bye bye Kurt! It just got to the point where the team was divided and Martz didnt want to be shown up if KW came back in and started winning again!Instead of this happening and having the players second guess their coach they let him go! but, im not going to open up a can of worms here again,whats done is done and lets move on!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Recent reports indicate that Warner got upset because Martz told him to "shut up."

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Kurt Warner is the man, I hope He has a great season.:clanram:

Both qbs are truly good men! I say let's hope for the best of things for both players!

moklerman is offline Registered User

I haven't heard much on the Cardinals center, Stepanovich other than they will likely move him over to guard if he has to wear a cast on his hand. At this point, I'd guess that he and Ross are not playing primarily because it's the first preseason game and it's pointless to risk further injury this early.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

TD catch delivers a sign
    Fitzgerald dazzles in busted play
    Josh Weinfuss
    The Arizona Republic
    Aug. 15, 2005 12:00 AM

It took just 19 minutes and 13 seconds in Saturday night's preseason opener against the Dallas Cowboys for the Cardinals to tell something could be different about this year.

On the seventh play of the Cardinals' first drive of the second quarter, from Dallas' 31-yard line, quarterback Kurt Warner found wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald in the midst of a broken play for a touchdown.

Randy Moss needs to make room. Fitzgerald is taking over as the super freak.

Fitzgerald dove to his right, spun back in midair and made the catch toward his left, jumped up and ran into the end zone for the score, leading Arizona to a 13-11 win.

"Great catch," Warner said. "Kind of a broken-down play. I was trying to put it out in a position to hit B.J. (Bryant Johnson) and Larry just made a great play on it, but then to have the awareness to get up and get in the end zone, just a great individual play."

The catch capped the seven-play, 85-yard drive that took Warner just 3:40 to complete. During the drive, Warner passed for 84 of those yards and missed just one target, while hitting an array of others - Fitzgerald, Johnson, Josh Scobey and rookie tight end Adam Bergen.

With Fitzgerald's catch, the Cardinals offense started to arrive.

As polished as the first team looked Saturday, every key part to the teams' success knew there's still much room to improve.

"For the most part we've done well, but we still have things we can work on," Johnson said. "Look at the films and see the things we didn't do well and try to correct those this upcoming week."

Warner pointed out the Cardinals need to improve on their splits and spacing but was still satisfied with the production Saturday night.

The one-back, three-wideout offense implemented by new offensive coordinator Keith Rowen is built on trust - trust that Warner will place the ball where his receivers are, and trust that the receivers will be where the ball is.

Not that comfortable with the New York Giants, Warner has started to adapt to Rowen's new offense.

"I feel very comfortable with the offense, and what we're doing, my role in it," he said. "It's those little things that are going to make me feel more comfortable as we go through it, but that's what preseason is for."

With this year's receiving corps that includes injured star Anquan Boldin, Warner said his targets are fast and "definitive with their routes," something that Arizona hasn't had in the past. Combine that with Warner's Super Bowl experience and knack for staying in the pocket, releasing the ball and taking the hits, and the offense has a new, steady look to it.

With mainly short passes before Saturday's only touchdown drive by either team, Warner was able to get the long passes in he likes to have in preseason games. And if the statistics don't lie, he has already found a few favorite targets, finishing 14 for 19, for 151 yards and a quarterback rating of 114.1, while spreading the ball around.

"I think we did a lot of good things, still got to clean some things up. Get more efficient. More attention to detail," Warner said. "But I think for the first go round, I think (the) guys did good."
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman is offline Registered User

I was wondering who he was actually throwing to, but even though it was an errant throw there are two things that are positives that I take from the play.

1. His receivers are making plays for him when he isn't perfect with a throw.

2. More importantly, Warner might be getting some of that magic back if broken plays are resulting in positive gains/scores. The past couple of year's it seems like even when he did all the right things, something bad would happen. I would be happy for Warner if he could have a year without a monkey on his back.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

True, it's going to help Warner out a lot to have talented receivers who can make those kind of plays on the ball. I just know that on two separate groups, I've seen people praise Warner for his great throw to Fitzgerald, and I thought it was interesting that he himself says it was directed to Bryant Johnson instead.

This time, it worked out for him. But if I'm a Cardinals fan, I don't want to see those kind of errant throws very much.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    True, it's going to help Warner out a lot to have talented receivers who can make those kind of plays on the ball. I just know that on two separate groups, I've seen people praise Warner for his great throw to Fitzgerald, and I thought it was interesting that he himself says it was directed to Bryant Johnson instead.

This time, it worked out for him. But if I'm a Cardinals fan, I don't want to see those kind of errant throws very much.
    "Great catch," Warner said. "Kind of a broken-down play. I was trying to put it out in a position to hit B.J. (Bryant Johnson) and Larry just made a great play on it, but then to have the awareness to get up and get in the end zone, just a great individual play."
    Just to be fair (and I didn't see the play, so I don't know), the throw may not have been errant. This may have been a case of one player making a play that was a potential catch for a receiver behind him. If Fitz doesn't make the catch, Johnson still may have.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You know what's really sad, not one thread about the Rams game the other has as many posts as this one.

For that, I say screw Kurt Warner.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast