RamWraith is offline Registered User

Warner still has the "wobble"

WARNER WAITING TO 'CLICK' By PAUL SCHWARTZ of the New York Post
    June 15, 2004 -- Ever since he signed with the Giants, the sight of Kurt Warner shaking his head in disgust is a common one, a sight that again could be seen at yesterday's mini-camp.

Like a pitcher without command of his pitches, Warner is not happy with the way the ball is coming out of his hand. Many of his throws wobble in the air and fall short of the receiver. Warner attributes his sluggish start to nothing more than a lack of familiarity with the offense, his new teammates and just about everything involved in the quarterback position with the Giants as opposed to the Rams.

"It's just not natural yet," he said. "Learning the offense and thinking about so much, it just hasn't got to that point where it's just clicked, where everything just slows down and you can just play. That part's frustrating for me, because after doing it for a certain way for so long and then having to kind of start over, it's frustrating.

"You just don't have that comfort feel. You're just not quite sure where everybody's going to be, sometimes you're turning and throwing quick. Even the cadence isn't natural yet, all the timing things, the feel, the footwork, it's all new. I can't stop thinking about it at night, thinking, 'You would never do that, why did you do that?' It's frustrating for me.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Warner still has the "wobble"

I'm sure Eli is having the same problems, and he has yet to see a full speed NFL defense looking to take his head off.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Warner still has the "wobble"

Warner never did throw perfect spirals, and many passes wobbled but still got there.

However, they didn't bounce short of the receiver like this article is stating. There's definitely a lot of rust to dust off, but perhaps there is some permanent damage to that hand?
    Last edited by sbramfan; -06-15-2004 at 12:36 PM.