Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

Warner where art thou????

Damn he is soooooooa GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE IS A BALLA

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: Warner where art thou????

I will have to say that this was the only game, this weekend, that I was satisfied with the officiating. They weren't perfect by any means, but they were consistant, and didn't make any bad game breaking calls. They missed a LOT of easy penalties, but you only heard about the ones that were to the Cardinals' advantage, and the announcers sounded like a couple of complaining Packer fans. The missed some that weould be game breakers, but they missed the same type of penalty on both sides of the ball. While I prefer that the officials call as perfect as they expect the players to play, I can live with equal imperfection. I even told my wife that the Packers won the game on the coin flip, and I would have been satisfied if it ended that way.

I am happy for Kurt Warner, and I expect another shootout next week in NO.

gap

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

The officiating was ok but they did rob the packers on the last play. Adams blatantly grabbed rodgers facemask and twisted.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    The officiating was ok but they did rob the packers on the last play. Adams blatantly grabbed rodgers facemask and twisted.
    Oh here we go. One play (or bad call) doesn't lose you a game. If Rodgers doesn't throw that INT the Pack probably would have won. If Rackers made that chip shop FG the Crads would have won before overtime anyway.

Warner 29/33 379 5TD. Unbelievable!
    Just think about that for a second. 4 incomplete passes in the whole game. 4!

1024 total yards, 62 first downs, 96 points. I've never seen such poor defense in my life

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

anyone who doesn't think that Warner is a HOF'er is way off base,I am not saying first ballot, it may take a few times but he is deserving of that honor without question.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I am not so sure on the blatant part of that and I did not see the "twist" that you mentioned either,but I thought the officiating was fine.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Oh here we go. One play (or bad call) doesn't lose you a game. If Rodgers doesn't throw that INT the Pack probably would have won. If Rackers made that chip shop FG the Crads would have won before overtime anyway.

Warner 29/33 379 5TD. Unbelievable!
    Just think about that for a second. 4 incomplete passes in the whole game. 4!

1024 total yards, 62 first downs, 96 points. I've never seen such poor defense in my life
    Totally agree Scotty!

Warner ... more TDs than incomplete passes! W O W

It may be out of place to say it here but I have to say it: I long for Warner and the Rams!!!
    Glad they aluded on TV to KW and the Rams of 1999.
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-11-2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Tyop

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I am not so sure on the blatant part of that and I did not see the "twist" that you mentioned either,but I thought the officiating was fine.
    On the replay you definitely see Rodgers head turn from looking straight ahead looking for an open receiver then his head turns approx. 90 degrees but it was so quick that in real time refs didn't catch it. In that situation you have to tuck the ball and live for another play! I'm sure he didn't want to tuck the ball knowing that the Cards would have good field position after a punt and with the way Warner was playing it wouldn't take much to get them in field goal position

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post

I would normally agree with you, but a bad call on the game winning play is a different situation. The game is over now so it doesnt really matter. Just pointing out that the officials have been making serious mistakes all weekend

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    anyone who doesn't think that Warner is a HOF'er is way off base,I am not saying first ballot, it may take a few times but he is deserving of that honor without question.

If you watched Warner today, you saw one of the best all time performances in the history of the NFL. More TD's then incompletions. I am so happy for this guy and wish him nothing but the best.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    If you watched Warner today, you saw one of the best all time performances in the history of the NFL. More TD's then incompletions. I am so happy for this guy and wish him nothing but the best.
    I couldn't agree more. Truly a brilliant performance. And Rodgers was amazing as well. Sad that it had go down that way, missed call or not. Unlike that goofball Joe Buck, I wish they had been playing by college rules; I didn't want that game to end. More than made up for the other 3 sadsack contests this weekend.

What on earth happened to Carson Palmer,for eg? Looked like he was channeling Kyle Boller out there. I didn't have anything emotionally or financially invested in The Bungles but I hated seeing that lardbutt loudmouth Ryan getting a win.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Truly a brilliant performance. And Rodgers was amazing as well. Sad that it had go down that way, missed call or not. Unlike that goofball Joe Buck, I wish they had been playing by college rules; I didn't want that game to end. More than made up for the other 3 sadsack contests this weekend.

What on earth happened to Carson Palmer,for eg? Looked like he was channeling Kyle Boller out there. I didn't have anything emotionally or financially invested in The Bungles but I hated seeing that lardbutt loudmouth Ryan getting a win.
    The quarterbacking in the Cards v Packers game was truly fantastic, it was a shame one team had to lose. Romo also looked good in his game against the Eagles. It was weird that Flacco won a playoff game completing only four passes, but the running game was that dominant he didnt have to do more. Sanchez also played a good efficient game, and would have had better stats had Edwards not dropped a catch when he was open in the endzone

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorram View Post
    On the replay you definitely see Rodgers head turn from looking straight ahead looking for an open receiver then his head turns approx. 90 degrees but it was so quick that in real time refs didn't catch it. In that situation you have to tuck the ball and live for another play! I'm sure he didn't want to tuck the ball knowing that the Cards would have good field position after a punt and with the way Warner was playing it wouldn't take much to get them in field goal position
    No offense but I hate that word "tuck" probably as much as the Raiders do!

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

I heard a lot of talk on the non-call facemask penalty today. From what I've heard, the facemask was after the ball was out of Rodger's hands, so it was a loose ball foul and therefor the Cards would have kept the ball anyway, but been penalized 15 yards.

Not sure if that's the true rule or not, it's just what I've been hearing/reading today. If Rodgers doesn't fumble, I bet you a million bucks the refs call that penalty.

One other thought. There is one ref whose sole job is to watch the QB. When Rodgers fumbled, he had to watch the ball. He probably never saw it

RealRam is online now Registered User

Warner's game Vs. Packers yesterday, Warner's game alone overshadow's any dispute about that potential no-call of the last GW play. As mentioned above in other posts, the Cards were bound to take this historic battle -- even with that incredible FG miss by Rackers, even by Rogers' excellent efforts and performance, as well as by the GB receivers.

To me, that was not a face mask grab. It seemed to me that CB Michael Adams jammed Rodgers' face mask into his face, more than 'grabbing' it; like a stiff arm to the head. Also, as I see the replay, Rodgers himself turns his head instinctively in search of the ball, and not because Adams was twisting the helmet in that direction (to Rodgers' right).

IMO, it was a tough hit by the little man that made the biggest play in Cardinals playoff history. What a finale!
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-11-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Rodgers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast