Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Warner Will Not Stay As Eli's Backup (CNNSI)

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Don't take a shot at me and then say "just kidding".
    Funny, I thought that was the nature of joking and light-hearted ribbing with people. Happens with my friends and I all the time. It's the nature of a joke - you take a shot or poke fun then apoligize or say you were just kidding, hence, the wink.

You might want to keep your eyes out on this:

http://search.ebay.com/sense-of-humo...ectZ1QQfromZR8

You seem to need it.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman is offline Registered User

The popular perception is that Warner has a fumbling problem, right? In 277 pass attempts this year he fumbled 12 times. That's high.

Something that I've not heard one peep about though is Michael Vick's fumbling problem. In 321 pass attempts this year he's fumbled 16 times. Has anyone heard anything about Vick needing to protect the ball more or anything along those lines?

You can't justify Warner's fumbling but is there a double standard? My eyes usually start to glaze over when the Vick report comes on so I don't know if I've just missed any criticism of his problem. I think a lot of people consider Warner unsuitable or questionable as a starting qb because of his fumbling but nothing is said about Vick at all?

Okay, let me try:

"Blank" is a pretentious, video game playing nerd with too much time on his hands and an over-inflated opinion of himself with no objectivity toward anything related to the Rams.

That is pretty funny. And the little happy face makes it alright to say all those things? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Okay, let me try:

"Blank" is a pretentious, video game playing nerd with too much time on his hands and an over-inflated opinion of himself with no objectivity toward anything related to the Rams.

That is pretty funny. And the little happy face makes it alright to say all those things? Wow.
    If you're just kidding around, which the wink suggests, then I can take some ribbing just fine - I'm comfortable with who I am and what hobbies I enjoy, enough so to where I'll take some shots in good fun. I'm sorry you obviously can't.

What do you suppose is a very poor way to address a sports fan? Your "good-natured" attempt at humor is to call someone less of a Rams fan than you on a Rams board? Maybe you're not as smart as I give you credit for. We both know that "good-natured" isn't your motivation but you keep hiding behind your smiley's. Giving you the benefit of doubt, your attempt was in poor taste. Taking it for what it was, it was a low blow. There wasn't anything good-natured about it. If you were truly making a harmless statement you wouldn't have gone on the attack and tried to press the issue to your advantage. All you've done since posting that is tried to illustrate how wrong I am about it and how you've got a halo over your head. Is this really Mike Martz I'm talking to?

The comment was in fact meant to be a joke. Since that's not how you've taken it at all, I apoligize for making it. However, I would appreciate if you wouldn't tell me what my motivation is or isn't. I meant for it to be a joke, you perceived it differently. Case closed. I now know better than to attempt any form of humor within your discussions.

I now know better than to attempt any form of humor within your discussions.
    Yeah, that's the best apology I've ever heard. Where did I ever get the idea that you're not genuine? I forgive you though, you've got to keep up your public perception if you ever plan on getting that moderator badge.

oops, I better post a smiley so people don't think I'm mean. :rolleyes:

I thin k both of you should shake hands and walk away.

We all know that you wont agree with each other and its fine to read your arguments why and why not but now your both just taking or talking about taking cheap shots.

That does not make for good reading and frankly, your both coming off looking like fools. so, like I said, lets just shake, and get back to the discussion.
    Cool ?

Fine by me. Like I said, I meant it as a joke, and since it wasn't taken that way, I apoligize for the original comment.

I'll just stick with being a "fool" and taking a backseat to the golden child.

This site is the best, all the moderators are wise and good looking, and I hope everyone loves me so I won't ever admit to offending anyone.

:ramlogo: :tongue: :redface: :smile: :tough: :confused: :mask: :1: :nerd: fftopic:

Man, talk about needing kid gloves for some members .................... :mask:

And yet, you're not above taking a parting shot. Look in the mirror before acting high and mighty. Think about it.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Giants game, Warner does surprising well with what looked like the worst line in football that day!Warner is benched. Then he plays for what is probably the worst Line in football , to a 5-2 record and then an even worse line shows up the next 2 loses and Warner is Benched! Theory? Warner is becoming a scapegoat for these teams I guess! Don't worry, Warners Decision to move on will only help his cause to make a bigger comeback than the one Plunkett pulled off!!!!!! Go get'em Kurt You got $*^& on but it's time to flush those memories. Eli's in for a long career , Hope he wins as many championships as his DAD did. :tongue: Actually not a scapegoat but pretty much had before he can prove himself!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

You know, this might be a good idea for the next contest around here. Where does Warner play next year? That might be an interesting poll to put up (at least for some of us). I know there are about as many theories on where he's going as there are members here, so that might be a fun poll.

Just thinking out-loud.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    You know, this might be a good idea for the next contest around here. Where does Warner play next year? That might be an interesting poll to put up (at least for some of us). I know there are about as many theories on where he's going as there are members here, so that might be a fun poll.

Just thinking out-loud.
    The offseason presents its share of ideas about cool contests we could do, and this is certainly one of them. Contests about the draft would be fun as well, IMO. Who goes first overall, who do the Rams pick, etc etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast