Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    adarian_too is offline Registered User

Re: Warner wows his receivers

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    If we don't figure out how to stop the run, Johnny U could QB this team and we still wouldn't win.
    Of course you remember that the 2000 team proved that a crappy D, giving up 30 points a game, couldn't stop a powerhouse O from winning more games than they lost all the way to the playoffs.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I think it is sad that you all can make more comments on a player that doesn't even play for our team then you can about your own team. You all are stuck in the past! Warner is gone, deal with it. We should change the name of this board to ClanWarner for some of you. Man again the guy gets 3 or pages of press. This is nuts. It is football season and you are still hung up on a Giant's player. I really thought this would have died out come football season.

I think you're being unfair and missing the point Wraith. Let me quote someone else who summed it very well ...

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Was it ever a problem? If not, then why was Warner removed in the first place. If it was a problem, who caused it? If Warner caused it...problem solved. If not, the problem still exists and will probably resurface.
    For some, the issue is not about KW or MB, but about what handicapped the Rams from winning the SB last year and whether that handicap still exists. Even though you got the ex-Ram topics moved to another forum it doesn't change the fact that it is still a Rams issue until the facts unfold one way or another to validate one point of view or the other.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I know what your saying adarian and agree to a certain point, but how many times can one hammer the same thing home. We won without the guy the last few years and we will continue to do the same. The guy is a Giant and no longer wears the horns. All the Rams we lost the last few years have impacted this team, but none have gotten this kind of press from you all. Warner has not played with this team in 2 years. He shouldn't be drawing this kind of attention. We have a season upon us and we are stuck in neutral as fans

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    I think you're being unfair and missing the point Wraith. Let me quote someone else who summed it very well ...
    For some, the issue is not about KW or MB, but about what handicapped the Rams from winning the SB last year and whether that handicap still exists. Even though you got the ex-Ram topics moved to another forum it doesn't change the fact that it is still a Rams issue until the facts unfold one way or another to validate one point of view or the other.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    I think it is sad that you all can make more comments on a player that doesn't even play for our team then you can about your own team. You all are stuck in the past! Warner is gone, deal with it. We should change the name of this board to ClanWarner for some of you. Man again the guy gets 3 or pages of press. This is nuts. It is football season and you are still hung up on a Giant's player. I really thought this would have died out come football season.
    This thread is in General NFL Talk. I would imagine the discussion of a non-Ram in this forum would be fine here. It's when such debate carries over to the Ram Talk forum that it ticks me off. It's almost as if you can't post an article about Bulger or bring his name up without people flying off the handle and turning it into a thread about Warner as well.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    ... but how many times can one hammer the same thing home.
    Well, that is probably one of the issues with a bulletin board ... some people are new to the topic, others have thought it over again, and others just want to beat people up about it ... probably just goes with the territory of the internet ...

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

None of us were in the locker room last year so I don't think we can really comment on how the team felt about him.

It's time to move on...
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DJRamFan
    None of us were in the locker room last year so I don't think we can really comment on how the team felt about him.

It's time to move on...
    Moving on from what? So the answer to all this was cut Warner? I know that is the belief of some, and to those, I see their frustration. However, the core of this has never been about Warner, but rather management's reaction to the team's apparent internal strife.

Cutting Warner was merely a result of the problem, not a solution.

Some say, it's over. He's gone, he's a Giant. Bulger is the man.
    I say yes to all that, but all of that is by-product of the problem, not the problem defined.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It's happened before, it will happen again. But if I'm right, then the problem is still here and we cut a 2-time MVP for nothing.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Someone help this southerner out....sometimes I am a little slow. What is exactly our current problem at QB? bison mainly, what "problem" are you constantly referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by TxRamsfan
    What is exactly our current problem at QB?
    At QB, there is not a problem. Bulger, a young & talented QB is filling that position. The QB is not the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRamsfan
    what "problem" are you constantly referring to?
    Well, I'm glad you asked. The problem is that Rams management, when faced with a little internal conflict (ie. phrases like "he lost the team") did not address the issue, but let it fester until they felt the only option was to cut the 2-time MVP. As I said before...I don't think he was cut for physical problems, the Giants never would have picked him up. He may have been cut for mental problems, maybe he's been hit so many times that he just didn't have another sack in him. That I can live with, but we may never know. However, if it's not physical or mental, then as I said before...
    he had personality conflicts with other Rams (players, coaches, FO). So our coaches decide that instead of working out the conflicts, it would be better to release our 2-time MVP who in fact had the public support of veterans like Faulk, Bruce, & Aeneas.
    And if our coaches, FO, whoevers-running-the-asylum make their decisions in this manner, then we have a problem. And it will resurface the next time something similar comes up.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think there is a side of this we aren't addressing, the salary cap. Warner was taking up HUGE coin on the Rams payroll and honestly, he wasn't earning that money. So the Rams took the only approach they could with the situation by cutting him after June 1st. I think that in itself is much more of the reason than any conspiracy issues that are surfacing presently.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I think there is a side of this we aren't addressing, the salary cap. Warner was taking up HUGE coin on the Rams payroll and honestly, he wasn't earning that money. So the Rams took the only approach they could with the situation by cutting him after June 1st. I think that in itself is much more of the reason than any conspiracy issues that are surfacing presently.
    I wouldn't call it a conspiracy. I don't think management was necessarily out to get Warner (although some will say it was Martz ego that ran out Warner in an attempt to show that his system can promote any QB...especially after Brenda-Gate), but instead a poor decision making process preceeded by poor action or inaction to ease internal conflicts among the players.

No, he wasn't earning his money. Why? because he got yanked after the Giants game. Why did he get yanked? Well, the circle begins again.

I'm not saying this is the definite answer. It is quite possible that he just lost the magic and it was time to move on. I hope that's the answer. At least that will be a lot easier to swallow.

But this in no way reflects my support for Bulger. I think he is a class act. We could do worse for a QB. And by hook or crook last year, we did win (except for the last two). Hopefully, we can extend the season by a couple of weeks with some more of that magic this year.

The problem is that Rams management, when faced with a little internal conflict (ie. phrases like "he lost the team") did not address the issue, but let it fester until they felt the only option was to cut the 2-time MVP.
    And how exactly do we know how they addressed this issue? Unless we know exactly what went down in the locker room about this, is it really right to badmouth what we think management did and didn't do? How do we know they didn't try to handle this after 2002 and the snowball kept getting bigger after Warner faltered again in Week One and then passed on a chance to help the team against Chicago?

And how exactly do we know how they addressed this issue?
    They cut Warner.
    Unless we know exactly what went down in the locker room about this, is it really right to badmouth what we think management did and didn't do?
    We can at least pose the question.
    How do we know they didn't try to handle this after 2002 and the snowball kept getting bigger after Warner faltered again in Week One
    If they didn't think it was handled, then why did Warner start? If he wasn't fit to play, why was he out there watching his offensive line whiff at everyone?
    then passed on a chance to help the team against Chicago?
    sounds to me like he was helping Bulger. He saw the writing on the wall, everyone did by that point. I figure he was actually overriding Martz to give Bulger a shot. A shot he didn't get by the way.

They cut Warner.
    Um, you're missing my point I think. You said faced with internal conflict, they didn't address it. I'm asking how you know they didn't. The fact that they cut Warner doesn't show they didn't address it, just that they didn't successfully address it. And even if they did, there were other non-team factors that contributed to his being cut.

We can at least pose the question.
    And get no where? Unless some kind of commentary comes out about everything that went down to the locker room, this will go unanswered. Furthermore, this isn't just about posing questions. Some people seem to really be criticizing the front office over this, even though none of us know the entire situation. That's just wrong.

If they didn't think it was handled, then why did Warner start? If he wasn't fit to play, why was he out there watching his offensive line whiff at everyone?
    Obviously they thought it was handled. Then after Week One, perhaps it came back to the surface.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast