Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Warnerite-Bulgerite Peace Treaty

Wonderful idea, Avenger. If this is what it takes to do away with the back-biting that still remains over this issue, then I'm all for it.

HUbison
    November 29th, 2004
    Warnerite (used solely for descriptive purposes per Treaty Preamble Definition 1; Article II; & the Seiler Amendment)

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thoey is offline Registered User

As a Warnerite, I can agree to this even though I see no use for it. There will always be differences of opinions on players and strategies. In all honesty, I like seeing those differences come out. It improves my knowledge by hearing other sides.

THoey
    29 November, 2004
    This space for rent...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

One has to wonder, though, if the application of this treaty will truly be effective based on signatures within as opposed to an enforced rule for the entire board and all members.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    One has to wonder, though, if the application of this treaty will truly be effective based on signatures within as opposed to an enforced rule for the entire board and all members.
    Nick, I agree, but just like Congressional Resolutions, sometimes a statement has to be made just to see where people are willing to meet on disagreements.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

cool by me.....
    tx
    Ramite since 1979

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Ah, the inevitable question... how can there be a treaty without enforcement?

My answer is that this Treaty is not designed to place new rules or restrictions on the board. Rather, it is designed as acknowledgement that this issue needs to be put to rest and it is time for us to start with a clean slate. Those who "sign" are expressing their agreement with this premise and their commitment to end the hostilities that have existed based on this divisive issue.

So, enforcement is pursuant to an honor code. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    My answer is that this Treaty is not designed to place new rules or restrictions on the board. Rather, it is designed as acknowledgement that this issue needs to be put to rest and it is time for us to start with a clean slate. Those who "sign" are expressing their agreement with this premise and their commitment to end the hostilities that have existed based on this divisive issue.
    Aha, so it's more of a resolution than I first thought. Nonetheless, I have to wonder for those of us who have signed the Treaty under our code of honor, is it binding on those who did not sign properly, case in point
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx
    Ramite since 1979
    Ownership of the title, Bulgerite, is the first step to reconciliation my lone star friend. :redface:

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I guess that all I am saying, is give peace a chance!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Aha, so it's more of a resolution than I first thought. Nonetheless, I have to wonder for those of us who have signed the Treaty under our code of honor, is it binding on those who did not sign properly, case in point Ownership of the title, Bulgerite, is the first step to reconciliation my lone star friend. :redface:
    I'm on record since 2001 stating I don't give a rats behind who starts at QB if Martz is comfy with him

Guess that makes me the ultimate Martzite?

LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12