Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Warner's benching shows that Rams made right choice - PD

Moklerman...

As much as I love your passion for Warner and you defending him until the bitter end the more I see the need to stress the horns.

This isn't about Warner in my book, it's about the Rams. The guy will ALWAYS be a hero of mine. I just need to move on and back our current and future QB. TRUST ME, I am not trying to attack Warner or down play his accomplishments. Just saying my heart lies with the team, not a player.

P.S.--I really didn't time my post for when Warner got benched, it never crossed my mind, to be honest!

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Warner is a quick release kinda guy and always has been. It does not just take a good o-line but good receivers. Will Warner find a team with those type of receivers again? The only one I see is Arizona. If the Cards decided to fight for Warner in the off season things could be intersting. They have a young quick receiving core that would serve Warner well. Warner needs receivers like the Rams that get off the ball quick and dont require him to think to much in the pocket. He needs to just say hike and boom toss the ball to the spot. Warner is a timing guy. I think getting quick receivers is the only thing that might save this guy's legacy in the minds of other fans around the league. Every Rams fan would agree that his legacy is already secured in our minds.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    Warner is a quick release kinda guy and always has been. It does not just take a good o-line but good receivers. Will Warner find a team with those type of receivers again? The only one I see is Arizona. If the Cards decided to fight for Warner in the off season things could be intersting. They have a young quick receiving core that would serve Warner well. Warner needs receivers like the Rams that get off the ball quick and dont require him to think to much in the pocket. He needs to just say hike and boom toss the ball to the spot. Warner is a timing guy. I think getting quick receivers is the only thing that might save this guy's legacy in the minds of other fans around the league. Every Rams fan would agree that his legacy is already secured in our minds.
    Good points. I think Warner misses Bruce and Holt in a big way. The Giant recievers are for the most part worthless. It would be interesting to see Warner in Arizona throwing to Boldin and Fitzgerald but I just don't see that happening. Green has put the future of the Cardinals in McCown and he's coming around.

I think Warners' options at a chance for success are diminishing because wherever he goes, it will most likely be a mediocre team with problems, like the Giants. If you listen to Giant fans though, they almost all without exception say the Giants problem was Warner. We'll see on Sunday. I'll be watching with great interest.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    .... I think Warners' options at a chance for success are diminishing because wherever he goes, it will most likely be a mediocre team with problems, like the Giants. If you listen to Giant fans though, they almost all without exception say the Giants problem was Warner. We'll see on Sunday. I'll be watching with great interest.
    Not me! I will be watching, praying and cheering for the 'FINS! & hoping that ATL wins too; not because of KW, but because we need the Giants to lose in case we are in a wildcard scenario with them :tough:

I love the NFL Package

Go RAMS.

Lose: Giants no matter who is at qb.
    Vikings
    Packers
    c-chicks
    aints
    cards
    bears
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone
    I will be watching, praying and cheering for the 'FINS! & hoping that ATL wins too; not because of KW, but because we need the Giants to lose in case we are in a wildcard scenario with them :tough:
    Agreed. I'll be watching with interest as well, but for the reasons you listed. We need as many potential NFC Wild Card teams to lose as often as possible.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

thoey is offline Registered User

Well, hell, if you are going to go that far, why not root for all NFC teams with the same or better record than the Rams to lose?

:confused:
    This space for rent...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

From Len Pasquarelli at ESPN.com:

To those who suggested that the New York Giants will be forced to use more two-man patterns, and increased "max" blocking schemes, to protect Eli Manning in his first start this weekend: Take a look at the tapes from the first nine games of the year. No team has run more two-man patterns than the Giants and Tom Coughlin went to extremes to try to insulate Kurt Warner. It's not the schemes, but rather the performance, of the Giants that has to change. And that includes the blitz pickup performance of Tiki Barber, who hasn't been particularly strong in that department. It will help, too, if Manning gets rid of the ball quicker than Warner did.

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Well, hell, if you are going to go that far, why not root for all NFC teams with the same or better record than the Rams to lose?

Now that is the mindset I am talking about.

If the Giants win, I hope it is because of KW and not EM as I am mannings-out here in New Orleans, and if indeed the giants win b/c of EM then I will hear it everyday & all year long. Go atl and KW if you get in.

Did you guys see that "welcome to the NFL" Eli took in the Philly game mopping up for Kurt? It was awesome and vicious-reminded me of the Broad Street Bullies for the Flyers-What a hit. Tiki recovered the ball. Ouch.

Thoey I hope you raise a few this week during and after our ("hopefully" :ramlogo: ) victory this sunday! Alcohol is my friend too :redface:

What is the weather forecast for that carribean resort town? :tongue:

I don't think anyone has to worry about the New York Football Giants with Manning under center, that is unless they miraculously fix their line and reciever problems.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I don't think anyone has to worry about the New York Football Giants with Manning under center, that is unless they miraculously fix their line and reciever problems.
    Maybe not vs. the Eagles but he will perform well with what he has to work with despite your comment and I believe that he will surprise a lot of fans.

Again, Manning or Warner, I could care less who plays as any team competing with the Rams for a playoff spot will always be considered as the enemy regardless if KW or MB representing another team than my beloved

Ram ON

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thoey

I usually do. I usually root for any team playing against Seattle, the *****, or the Cardinals, and also those that might hurt the playoff chances for the Rams.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone
    Maybe not vs. the Eagles but he will perform well with what he has to work with despite your comment and I believe that he will surprise a lot of fans.

Again, Manning or Warner, I could care less who plays as any team competing with the Rams for a playoff spot will always be considered as the enemy regardless if KW or MB representing another team than my beloved

Ram ON
    If Eli Manning does well against a solid Atlanta defense, I'll not only be surprised, I'll be shocked. Whatever bulls-eye Warner had on his back, double it for Manning.

lakerams Guest

I think Warner will end up in Washington. Gibbs likes veterans and they said if they would've known the Rams were going to let Warner go, they would've picked him up. of course, nobody knew for sure so they signed Brunell (ouch!!).

as far as they quick release is concerned, if Warner's longest time was 3.54 seconds, Manning will have to hike the ball and throw it to beat the release times Warner had. just goes to show you that these reporters don't know jack about what they report. give Warner or Bulger the time Peyton has to throw and they will both put up similar numbers to Peyton.

Warner still has IT if he has the time in the pocket. I think most of us can agree on that. he's not Brunell, not yet!!!

moklerman is offline Registered User

Well, after watching the Giants get spanked and the offense generating no results against Philly today, I'm more comfortable with my assertions that Warner's struggles were amplified greatly by the lack of help on offense. It was nice, shallow and childish as it may be, to root against Eli today. Partly because I feel betrayed by how much of a selfish ass Eli turned out to be. I was a big fan of his during his Ole' Miss days and was looking forward to see what he could do in the NFL. After the whole draft day fiasco, I've lost all respect for Eli. Add to that, a certain amount of vindication for Warner being unjustly benched. And, to top it off, it helps the Rams' playoff picture in case they lose against Green Bay. Shooting for the wild card spot is not what I'm hoping for but I'll certainly root against the competition while it's still a possibility.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

No doubt that the Giants losing is good for the Rams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast