Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Warners last game

I dont here anyone crowing about how Warner is the second coming after that game ??????

1 fumble ..... 1 int .... 11/18 for 118

looks like the same old same old :tongue:

moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: Warners last game

Just when you think the sh!t stirrin' might die down a little bit, someone's gotta go and stir it up. Dez I don't EVER want to hear you complain about a Warner related thread again. I don't remember or care if you ever have but you've now lost all privelages in that area.

As far as Warner's performance against the Raiders, what can be said? No blocking, no running, best receiver out of the game with a strained knee, vanilla offense against a defense with something to prove after imploding last year.

Warner threw a horrible interception trying to avoid a sack and made a questionable, yet remarkable throw while in the act of getting sacked. His first pass of the game was pretty off the mark also but all in all, I'm more concerned about the gelling of the offensive line than Warner.

Under extreme duress he's going to struggle but I'm tired of arguing that point. Manning, Bulger and every other qb in the league struggles under those circumstances. Warner will be fine if he doesn't have to carry the team. Young couldn't carry a bad Bucanneer team, Elway couldn't carry a bad Bronco team, Aikman couldn't carry a bad Cowboys team and Manning couldn't carry a bad Colts team. Why should Warner be expected to?

By the way Dez, does this mean you want to see the complaints about Rams' losses being Bulger's fault resurface?

LOL no, I was just in "little Devil" mode LOL

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If Warner somehow gets protection, he's going do some damage. From what I saw, he looked pretty comfortable, even when confronted with moderate pressure. His problems happened when there were jailbreaks against him, which was often. He will live or die based on what his line does. Unfortunately for Warner, his line looks awful.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I'm not so sure this is a dead horse yet, especially with a game on 9/18 fast approaching. This horse still has legs, for a while at least.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Not overly concerned with Kurt and the O.... Their Defense looked rather worrisome. Better than I was expecting. Watching the game as we speak and I'm seeing things that cause me some level of concern. Thoughts on Arizona's D?

By-the-bye, who thinks the new Card's stadium looks tremendous? Very impressed.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I'm not so sure this is a dead horse yet, especially with a game on 9/18 fast approaching. This horse still has legs, for a while at least.
    Ram fans have been having discussions on what Kurt has left in the tank since fall 2002. In my book, the horse should have been buried and forgotten a long time ago.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Ram fans have been having discussions on what Kurt has left in the tank since fall 2002. In my book, the horse should have been buried and forgotten a long time ago.
    Hey Nick, don't rain on the big guy's thread! LOL

Maybe the horse should have been buried and forgotten a long time ago, but obviously it's alive and well and probably will be all season long.

ramgram is offline Registered User

UHH, le'see how well did ol' Bulgin' er Bulger do lately???????? What is his backup's name?? UMMM, well, we ought to know it well by the end of this year!!
    ramgram

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

...........Yep if neither two of these qbs oline doesnt block they both are in for a long season!..................................Dez Bulgers passes didnt fair to well either this preseason!

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    ...........Yep if neither two of these qbs oline doesnt block they both are in for a long season!..................................Dez Bulgers passes didnt fair to well either this preseason!
    I am talking about last games and Bulger did very well I believe .............................. :clanram:

moklerman is offline Registered User

Like it or not, Warner will always be talked about by Rams fans. Whether or not he finishes his career on a high note is yet to be seen, but just like Jets fans will always remember Joe Namath, Warner is forever etched in Rams lore.

Warner will never go away. Scary, huh?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't have a thing against Warner as I do not know him personally, nor have I ever had any interaction with him on the internet. However, here's something I would like someone to address for me please as it's puzzling.

When Warner has a great game, it's all him. "He's got that zip back on the ball." "He's hitting his marks even before the WR makes his move". That's what I hear when Warner does great. Never, "the offensive line was awesome". "The running game was spectacular opening up room for Warner to throw".

However, when he has a bad game it's "the O line was terrible". "They abandoned the running game", or "the WR's ran the wrong route".

So, am I to believe that Warner is great on his own but when he's having a bad game it's someone else's fault? Please help. My enquiring mind would like to know.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I don't have a thing against Warner as I do not know him personally, nor have I ever had any interaction with him on the internet. However, here's something I would like someone to address for me please as it's puzzling.

When Warner has a great game, it's all him. "He's got that zip back on the ball." "He's hitting his marks even before the WR makes his move". That's what I hear when Warner does great. Never, "the offensive line was awesome". "The running game was spectacular opening up room for Warner to throw".

However, when he has a bad game it's "the O line was terrible". "They abandoned the running game", or "the WR's ran the wrong route".

So, am I to believe that Warner is great on his own but when he's having a bad game it's someone else's fault? Please help. My enquiring mind would like to know.
    Tx, you must remember that any discussion of Warner must be void of all reason and logic. The mentioning of his name makes all debate an emotional issue with little regard for objectivity. It's not a bad thing, per se, just not completely intellectually honest, that's all. It's like rooting against your grandma when she's facing you in a mean game of shuffleboard or something. Yea, her win is your loss, but then again, you just can't feel good about picking apart the old lady either. It's the same with Warner. He was the perfect Cinderella story for the perfect Cinderella team at the perfect Cinderella time.

With Warner and a lot of Rams fans (yourself excluded), emotion always trumps logic.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast