Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Warners last game

Were All You Warner Bashers Talking Like This When He Was Leading The Rams To A Super Bowl Win.i Think Not,therefore Until Your Boy Bulger Wins The Big Game You Guys Need To Back Off Warner And Shut The Hell Up About It.what Excuse Are You Going To Have If He Comes Back And Beats The Rams This Year,maybe Once Maybe 2 Times,i Dont Think Its Going To Happen But What If It Does,what Do You Say About Warner Then.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

See, this is what I hate about the Warner crowd that won't look past 1999.

THAT WAS 1999. Heck, I had more hair in 1999 also. So should I always look at my mug from 1999 and say, "that's tx.....not the least amount of hair he has now, but when he had more hair in 1999."

Also, Fred Miller was on that team also. You remember him, Fred "Illegal Procedure" Miller? We shouldn't complain about him should we? Or Kevin Carter? Or Dexter McCleon? Or Billy Jenkins? Warner didn't "single handedly" win the Super Bowl nor he didn't "single handedly" lose the one to the Patriots. No, we shouldn't compare Bulger now to Warner of 99 either. We should compare the two with what they do NOW. My boss don't give a rip what I did last week even, what are you doing for me now is his mantra.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -08-29-2005 at 01:03 PM.

ramgram is offline Registered User

Well, here's an ol' granny who ain't worth nuttin' at shuffleboard & who does know KW & his wife, the wicked witch of Iowa. Am not on their speed dial & only met them 3 times, always in connection with their charitable endeavors. Don't recall any words from him in that vein TX, but may be mistaken. I think perhaps his over the top religiousness may have made us uncomfortable. I know it did me. Mentioned it to Brenda once & she replied that his faith was not, & never would be, something he hid in his wallet. And yes, I think he was our personal Cinderella. After the departure of Billy-Boy with our team & our hearts we were to be repaid by that more than perfect Fairy tale. I had thought my blood was Red, as in Big.... But I now know I am more blue-blooded than all the royals in Europe! And the Gold is as real as theirs & a da** sight more valuable!
    ramgram

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I don't have a thing against Warner as I do not know him personally, nor have I ever had any interaction with him on the internet. However, here's something I would like someone to address for me please as it's puzzling.

When Warner has a great game, it's all him. "He's got that zip back on the ball." "He's hitting his marks even before the WR makes his move". That's what I hear when Warner does great. Never, "the offensive line was awesome". "The running game was spectacular opening up room for Warner to throw".

However, when he has a bad game it's "the O line was terrible". "They abandoned the running game", or "the WR's ran the wrong route".

So, am I to believe that Warner is great on his own but when he's having a bad game it's someone else's fault? Please help. My enquiring mind would like to know.
    Tx, you could say this about any quarterback, not just Warner. Last year when Bulger got pummeled by the Atlanta defense, we all lamented the fact that he got no protection and that his performance suffered as a result. Throughout the season, we all voiced concerns about Bulger's effectiveness in the red zone, and many made the point that with good protection and support, he'd be better. You can make the same arguments for Warner. Most quarterbacks are not going to be effective when they're running for their lives. Not Bulger, not Manning, not Hasselbeck and not Warner.

In an earlier post, I said Warner would live or die based on what his line does. In my eyes, if Warner has any success as a result of solid protection from his offensive line, that success would be shared as a team effort. Warner, like any other NFL quarterback, can't, and never has done it alone.

I try to be objective when it comes to evaluating Warner, and if he struggles despite good protection, I'll be the first to criticize him.

I'll give you that one mike, you did. However, most haven't.

mokler, you said Warner made a great throw when he was being sacked...you weren't referring to the first possession when he slung the ball out to a WR when he was almost down? That wasn't a very wise pass, as it gained a whole two yards when it should have been taken back to the house by the defense. That was a terrible decision on Warner's part.

He didn't have a good game but so what? It's preseason and the Cardinals were on the road. I won't judge Warner on THIS year until THIS year starts. Last year, to me and me only, he looked like he ran out of gas. Bad O line, bad WR corp, no running game, whatever, he still ran out of gas to me.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I'm not so sure this is a dead horse yet, especially with a game on 9/18 fast approaching. This horse still has legs, for a while at least.
    This looks like the guy from Office Space beating up the HP LaserJet 4L....

PC LOAD LETTER....WHAT THE $%^& DOES THAT MEAN?

This looks like the guy from Office Space beating up the HP LaserJet 4L....

PC LOAD LETTER....WHAT THE $%^& DOES THAT MEAN?
    If you're asking what I meant by that statement Tx: It ain't a dead horse if people are still ridin' it.

No, I wasn't mike....my editing skills SUCK I guess.

I was really, really, referring to Office Space. The guy in picture beating the dead horse looks like the guy who beat up the printer.

PTHOR is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    I dont here anyone crowing about how Warner is the second coming after that game ??????

1 fumble ..... 1 int .... 11/18 for 118

looks like the same old same old :tongue:

You mean the "same ol" 2 time mvp and SB mvp?

This is good, let's base Warner's talents on a pre-season game plying for Arizona..... SMART!

I was really, really, referring to Office Space. The guy in picture beating the dead horse looks like the guy who beat up the printer.
    I knew that. lol

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

No smarter than defending him based on what he used to do. Until I see it again, I back his departure.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Here We Go!!

Mike, you thought this thread would turn out some other way because......

lol

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I believe that's what the base of the GIF file is. A horse was just superimposed.

Quote Originally Posted by PTHOR
    You mean the "same ol" 2 time mvp and SB mvp?

This is good, let's base Warner's talents on a pre-season game plying for Arizona..... SMART!
    Bashing Dez for a lack of importence in his reference falls on deaf ears whenever your own post refers to accomplishments that are four years old or more.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Mike, you thought this thread would turn out some other way because......

lol
    Naiveness obviously, or maybe wishful thinking Tx.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast