RamWraith is offline Registered User

A well known problem drinker gets a DWI

It is being reported on the news here in Minnesota that Minnesota Vikings Koren Robinson was arrested last night for driving while intoxicated. How do you think Seattle feels about that.

What really makes me sick about the whole thing, is that he has been on the TV and radio this past 2 weeks completely preaching about the dangers of alcohol. Talking about how he has a fresh start and how lucky he was not to kill himself or someone else. And how fortunate he is to be in Minnesota a being a new man. *BARF*

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: A well known problem drinker gets a DWI

They gave him 5.5 million of guaranteed money off of last season, notwithstanding all the history of problems in seattle. They took the risk so i cant have any real sympathy for them on this one.

I will say that robinson is one of the biggest wastes of talent i have ever seen. Size, speed etc and no self disipline. His hands were always suspect, he had HUGE drops with seattle against the rams, i will never forget that short slant where he had travis fischer beat on a big play which would have gone for a td, hasselbeck hit him right in the hands and he dropped it.

And to think that this guy was supposed to be the next torry holt. what a joke.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty so we will see how this story plays out, but if he indeed did it, the vikes are going to be in a very very tough situation given their public relations issues that currently exist balanced against his contract and talent.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I read elsewhere that on top of being caught drinking and driving, he also did not have a valid license and fled police. Unconfirmed though.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

This is being said on the radio as well here in Minnesota. It sounds like it might have got pretty ugly.

Childress had a press conference and he is making it sound like they are already cutting ties with him. He doesn't sound like he is going to tolerate it, even if the NFL does something. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I read elsewhere that on top of being caught drinking and driving, he also did not have a valid license and fled police. Unconfirmed though.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

AP - Minneapolis, MN

According to court officials, Vikings return man, Koren Robinson will receive no mercy from the judge handling the case. Presiding District Judge, The Honorable Shecky Green said, "I intend to throw the book at him.......however, I doubt he will catch it."

-rimshot- Thank you folks, you're a beautiful audience. I have CD's for sale in the back.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Well, you can't feel too sorry for Robinson, because there's someone in his corner that understands his position completely.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Judging by the previous two posts, we have some serious comedic talent here!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Seeing the picture of Maurice Clarett reminded of what I heard today. Clarett has received some sort of cryptic death threat inside the prison. See Maurice run.

:l

espn is reporting that he was driving 100mph in a 55 zone. Nice work after some drinking. What an idiot.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    espn is reporting that he was driving 100mph in a 55 zone. Nice work after some drinking. What an idiot.
    They are also reporting that he was speeding back to avoid breaking team curfew. That must be some kind of brutal curfew penalty.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Bah, I drafted him as a sleeper in the last round of one of my drafts. Now he will be sleeping in jail, and also sleeping on the waiver wire in that league. :x
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

Vikings | More on Robinson's arrest
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:07:24 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson blue BMW sedan was caught on radar going more than 100 mph in a 55 mph zone at 10:45 p.m., and he refused to stop, Chief Matt Peters said Wednesday, Aug. 16. He was arrested by police about 10 miles away in Mankato, where the Vikings hold their training camp. Robinson was charged in Nicollet County with fleeing from police, a felony, along with two DWI charges and three other misdemeanors. A criminal complaint said a field test measured Robinson's blood-alcohol content at 0.11 percent. He appeared at a brief court hearing wearing an orange jail jumpsuit and chained at the ankles. Robinson, who posted bail of $50,000, smiled at reporters but didn't respond to questions. His next court appearance is Oct. 17. "I couldn't be more disappointed for him, for the football team, and for the community to have that happen," said head coach Brad Childress, adding it's too soon to know how the arrest will affect Robinson`s status with the team.

espn is now reporting that childress is quoted as saying that they expect the nfl to suspend him for a year. Rumour is the vikings will waive him.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel