Keenum is offline Registered User

Well, at least Kurt Warner still loves us.

Taken from NFL.com's recap:
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?...2007&week=REG5

Warner got a noisy ovation from fans, many of them standing in appreciation for the quarterback who won two MVP awards and helped the franchise win its only Super Bowl in 2000.
    "Not very many guys get to come back to an opposing stadium and receive a standing ovation, so I love the people here," Warner said.

At least we are getting love from someone.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Well, at least Kurt Warner still loves us.

True Keenum, but again...I hate to say it (although its the truth) but we're one of, if not the classiest fans you will find for football, or any sport in general. You see it on these boards and you see it in an audience like today. Just pure class, all around for the most part. I remember last year when we played the Vikings, on NFL Insider on HBO one of the mascots kept praising how classy the Rams' organization was (and if I recall, the fans too). Very cool, I was happy to see that from Kurt Warner.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Just because a player represents another team does not mean we cannot appreciate who they are and what they've done.

We just hope they have an off day against us!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Very true you guys!
    I can't really think of anytime I've seen a Rams fan do anything unclassy on TV or reading about it.
    Then you look at the Eagles fans, spitting on Culpepper's wife, booing Irvin when he was hurt, and booing Santa Claus!
    But well said folks, well said.

moklerman is offline Registered User

You wouldn't know it by the Cardinals fans. Some of them "hate" Rams fans. It's all a matter of personal experience. Of course, the guys who're complaining are advocating classless acts now that the tables are turned. If they think that the treatment they've received in the past is inappropriate I just don't understand how they could do the same in return. Cheer your head off for your team and it's players. Don't degrade or insult other team's players/fans. It really is as simple as that. It's a pipe dream, but it is simple.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I wish Kurt well except when he plays us. I will admit I'll be checking his stats every week now that he's starting again. Maybe he can lead the Tards to the playoffs?

Good Luck Kurt!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I wish Kurt well except when he plays us. I will admit I'll be checking his stats every week now that he's starting again. Maybe he can lead the Tards to the playoffs?

Good Luck Kurt!
    If Kurt's MVP's earned as a Ram and that ring he has, and a second SB appearance doesn't get him considered for HOF, just getting the Cards to the playoffs should put him over the top!

Let's go Kurt. Show the world us old guys can still get it done!!:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

I have an account on the Cards MB (to keep up with Warner and our rivals, not going near a Hawks or 9ers board either!), and most of them don't hate us... usually. Most really, really hate the Seahawks though.

I think Warner is that boarderline HoF guy. He will get in, but it may take many many years for him to. I think every stat he adds from now on (along with accomplishments, comebacks, upsets, etc...) will help him.

I would like to see Warner lead the Card's to a playoff win or two(even I'm not delusional enough to think of a Super Bowl appearance) but after his second half against the Rams I'm very skeptical of much success even if he stays healthy.

Maybe it's just because he usually struggles against the Rams but he started to immediately show some of his old warts as soon as Leinart went out. We'll see how he does against Carolina.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Don't degrade or insult other team's players/fans.

For us long-time Los Angeles Rams fans, there has always been a Cowboys exemption to that rule. Cowboys fans are the kind of people you'd insult anyway even if you didn't know ahead of time that they were Cowboys fans.

Dallasensis delenda est

Hey DH, I don't think I agree with that but I know what you mean. For me, cutting my teeth on the Rams in the '80's, it'll always be the *****. I used to hate that team. Most of the fans that I knew turned out to be front-runners so even though I didn't hate them per se, they're not even around anymore for it to carry over.

Kurt Warner note: he's still never lost to the *****. I hope he never does.

Regarding your avatar, I picked up a couple of pretty cool Ferragamo items on ebay recently. First, I got a Cal media guide with him on the cover and second, a copy of the SI player poster. When I was 10 years old I traded a friend of mine some football cards for that poster. It measures 20 x 30 or so but his parents had cut and folded that particular one down to 16 x 20 so it would fit in a frame. That's the only copy I'd ever seen. I've been watching Ebay ever since I found out about the site and this was the first one to come on there in five years.

Vince Ferragamo note(that I stumbled upon while browsing the all-time QB records): he's still 3rd on the alltime list for posting three 4 td games in a season.
    Last edited by moklerman; -10-09-2007 at 04:09 PM.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

im glad Kurt gets a chance to start for the Cards now

i just hope we beat him in Arizona!