UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Wembley Jags v 49rs

I went, did any other UK or Clannies go?

Only went coz I was given free tickets, and I got to cheer against the weiners..
    Great atmosphere for the true football fan regardless of who was playing, and it was my daughters first live NFL game... She wore a Holt Jersey I wore a Faulk one....

I tweeted Tory Holt about it and he responded twice....that guy is pure class.

Attendance was 85,000 and got to see up close Joe Montana and Ed Hochoulie (who looked a little less gunny than usual)

Regardless of your loyalties London really are embracing the NFL, and you cant knock an opportunity to take in the atmosphere and the game.

Shame the Jags ended up like the rams last year....but hey..

BTW the Jags mascot is INSANE!!! Bungee jumping off the top of Wembley stadium into the center of the field!!

Great day out...

clive is offline Registered User

Re: Wembley Jags v 49rs

I didn't go, too expensive. I didn't even go to the Rams game last year. If the NFL expect to fill Wembley 8 times a year they must be barking, especially if they let the Jags set up there. A regular British fan from north of Watford might attend one or two games but if you total up the cost of a train ticket or car fuel plus an overnight stay for those that need to, it will soon add up. I don't think there are enough football fans in the south to fill the stadium.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

I agree....it is very expensive.

However, these tickets were free and I was merely commenting on the experience as a one off. Although I did pay a total of about 150 for the day trip last year to see the rams. \

I DO NOT want to see a London franchise. Logistical and financial nightmare for many...

clive is offline Registered User

I didn't even add in the price of the tickets lol

TheBritishRam is online now Registered User

I bought tickets for both the Wembley games in a package deal and paid 72 for the two games - not bad considering I paid over 90 for the Rams game alone last year. Beside the price of travel, food etc, the biggest annoyance with going to Wembley is not being at home to watch the Rams live which is why I doubt I could ever go down for 8 games in a season. Luckily the two games this year coincided with the Rams' Thursday and Monday games so I didn't miss either.

Hopefully with Bridgewater at QB they might be a bit more competitive next year!