View Poll Results: What do you think of Moss's celebration?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freakin' hilarious! People need to lighten up!

4 20.00%
  • I don't have a problem with it.

1 5.00%
  • It was pretty classless, but he doesn't deserve a fine.

3 15.00%
  • Fine his sorry ass! That was immature and he needs to pay!

12 60.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: What do you think of Randy Moss's TD celebration?

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I could care less. For those of us who have attended a few games in our life, do you think some of the comments from the stands directed at Moss could be of even more classless ilk than what he did?

I bet there are plenty.
    Does that make it right?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

This is a very interesting statement from Tony Dungy on the issue...

"It's not the kind of thing you want to see on national TV, but I understand what it was all about.... The fans in Green Bay have a tradition in the parking lot after the game where they moon the visiting team's bus."
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Lambo fans (hoover) and on that note Moss don't (hoover) but he is rather irritating! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

elAcky Guest

[QUOTE=AvengerRam]He's an immature little boy who craves attention.

Well... enough about Ferter...

QUOTE]

Funny you should say that as my first reaction was that you were talking about yourself.. :redface:

I see that ESPN is now airing the "moon". After watching it, I'm still left to wonder, why these individuals can't be professionals. And some will say that the fans are just as bad, but the fans aren't being paid to play the game.

You're a talented young man, Randy. Keep your head in the game.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -01-11-2005 at 12:29 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

elAcky Guest

why these individuals can't be professionals
    he is not a consultant he is an entertainer.... i'd say that he is very good at his job i.e. are we or are we not talking about him

Quote Originally Posted by elAcky
    he is not a consultant he is an entertainer.... i'd say that he is very good at his job i.e. are we or are we not talking about him
    Actually he's not an entertainer, he's a professional athlete. He's paid to do whatever is best for his team. If he were an entertainer, he could stand on the sideline with a microphone and tell jokes to the crowd, and the Vikings would continue to pay him. But he's not, if he doesn't do what is best for the team, he gets fired. Therefore, I'd say he gets paid to be an athlete, not an entertainer. And as a professional athlete, I would expect him to put his team first. I think he has shown that he is quite unwilling to do that most of the time, so therefore, I would have to disagree with his "performance". It was not professional.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Randy Moss is an idiot,but if he wants to keep getting fined thats alright with me,because the money goes to the Players Union to help retired players with health problems.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -01-11-2005 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Deleted offending post you are responding to.

elAcky Guest

there is a fine line between athlete and entertainer... Take your shades off - its actually not sunny... how many of us would watch a bunch of genetically engineered mutants with no facial expressions run like machines on a gridiron... C'mon.. entertainment and controversy is 50% of the NFL (money is the other 50%).. i.e. just raise a contoversial topic on this board and see who bites.
    I reckon that his antics have had web forums buzzing. sold newspapers and spiced up a lot of tv shows but whats more is that it pissed off GB supporters which will equate to more bums on seats and guaranted national coverage.... good on him... pay the man more.. we ALL love it !!

If you think that it should not be showed on TV then maybe its time to move to Utah..

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Does that make it right?
    I don't think there is that much to this. I mean, c'mon....the Desperate Housewives bit was much more risque than this.

I really don't see all the uproar. He didn't literally pull his pants down. We have to remember that some of these athletes didn't come from the best of homes and probably don't have the same moral thinking as the average Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by elAcky
    there is a fine line between athlete and entertainer... Take your shades off - its actually not sunny... how many of us would watch a bunch of genetically engineered mutants with no facial expressions run like machines on a gridiron... C'mon.. entertainment and controversy is 50% of the NFL (money is the other 50%).. i.e. just raise a contoversial topic on this board and see who bites.
    I reckon that his antics have had web forums buzzing. sold newspapers and spiced up a lot of tv shows but whats more is that it pissed off GB supporters which will equate to more bums on seats and guaranted national coverage.... good on him... pay the man more.. we ALL love it !!

If you think that it should not be showed on TV then maybe its time to move to Utah..
    I could care less if it's shown on TV. Take that up with Michael Powell. I'm refering to the incident as a reference to an unacceptable level of unprofessionalism displayed by Randy Moss. And no, there is a very distinct line between athlete and entertainer. Do you honestly think that if Moss stopped catching passes, the Vikings would continue to pay him? If he were an entertainer, all it would take is a little controversy, but there's more than that. He has to catch passes. Make no mistake, he is a professional athlete, and any of his actions that distracts him from that is unprofessional.

And as far as the value of controversy....I'd take a hard-working non-controversial professional (see Marc Bulger, Marshall Faulk, Adam Timmerman, Tyoka Jackson, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Aeneas Williams, etc.) over a self-serving controversy magnet (Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Keyshawn Johnson) any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I don't think there is that much to this. I mean, c'mon....the Desperate Housewives bit was much more risque than this.

I really don't see all the uproar. He didn't literally pull his pants down. We have to remember that some of these athletes didn't come from the best of homes and probably don't have the same moral thinking as the average Joe.
    But none of that excuses his actions. He is a member of a team, and everything he does should be to further the success of his team. Taking his focus away from the game to taunt fans takes away from the team. This is not a question of morals, but professionalism.

elAcky Guest

And as far as the value of controversy....I'd take a hard-working non-controversial professional (see Marc Bulger, Marshall Faulk, Adam Timmerman, Tyoka Jackson, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Aeneas Williams, etc.) over a self-serving controversy magnet (Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Keyshawn Johnson) any day of the week.
    zzzZZZZZZZZZ

where do you draw the line.... next time Pisa smashes someone in hte backfield and stands over him waving his arms around... is this acceptable?

The 3 guys you mentioned are a) elite players b) highly entertaining c) make the NFL millions c) fans love talking about them.. they add some spice i.e. personally i like my food seasoned. Guess some of us like watching lifeless droids

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok, let me ask you this then....does it shock you that he did it?

I mean, has he changed one iota since his been in the league?

No. This is Randy Moss. Take it or leave it. Tell you what, when he's on the field, his teammates don't care what he does. He's the most dangerous WR in the league and plays that way.

Randy Moss is what he is. Be it stupid, arrogant, or just down right disrespectful to some, he won't change. In a weird, twisted sort of way it's refreshing.

elAcky Guest

But none of that excuses his actions. He is a member of a team, and everything he does should be to further the success of his team. Taking his focus away from the game to taunt fans takes away from the team. This is not a question of morals, but professionalism.
    But i think that really raised the tempo of his team i.e. the us v them thing!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast