View Poll Results: What do you think of Moss's celebration?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freakin' hilarious! People need to lighten up!

4 20.00%
  • I don't have a problem with it.

1 5.00%
  • It was pretty classless, but he doesn't deserve a fine.

3 15.00%
  • Fine his sorry ass! That was immature and he needs to pay!

12 60.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: What do you think of Randy Moss's TD celebration?

I don't find it refreshing.

Rather, I find myself laughing and thinking "I'm not laughing with you Randy, I'm laughing at you."

elAcky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I don't find it refreshing.

Rather, I find myself laughing and thinking "I'm not laughing with you Randy, I'm laughing at you."
    either way you laughed :redface:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by elAcky
    zzzZZZZZZZZZ

where do you draw the line.... next time Pisa smashes someone in hte backfield and stands over him waving his arms around... is this acceptable?

The 3 guys you mentioned are a) elite players b) highly entertaining c) make the NFL millions c) fans love talking about them.. they add some spice i.e. personally i like my food seasoned. Guess some of us like watching lifeless droids
    I have very distinctly drawn the line several times....anything a player willfully does that detracts from the success of his team is unacceptable.

You seem to be stuck on this concept of entertainment. That has nothing to do with it. I enjoy football, so I would say anyone in the NFL is entertaining. The point of this is the level of professionalism that these athletes display. There are good examples of professional athletes (Marc Bulger) and then there are poor examples of professional athletes (Randy Moss). Entertainment is not a factor.

And since you asked, I too like spicy food. There are very few dishes that a little tobascco won't make better. And I personally am not aware of anyone who enjoys watching "lifeless droids". I believe, however, there are several of us who enjoy watching true professionals play a game in a professional manner.

But that is just the opinion of one hypocritical Yank.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Ok, let me ask you this then....does it shock you that he did it?

I mean, has he changed one iota since his been in the league?

No. This is Randy Moss. Take it or leave it. Tell you what, when he's on the field, his teammates don't care what he does. He's the most dangerous WR in the league and plays that way.

Randy Moss is what he is. Be it stupid, arrogant, or just down right disrespectful to some, he won't change. In a weird, twisted sort of way it's refreshing.
    Does it shock me? Not at all. You're right, this is exactly what we should expect from Randy Moss, because this is in line with all previous actions from Moss. So am I shocked, no. He is consistent.

Me personally, I'll leave it. Speaking of leaving, do you think his didn't care when he walked off the field last week before the on-side kick. With playoffs on the line, he walks off the field. I think some of them might have cared.

And I don't know that I can place stupid, arrogant, & disrespectful alongside refreshing.

Here's my question. You're the new GM for the Rams, and you had a chance to trade Bruce for Moss, would you do it?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by elAcky
    But i think that really raised the tempo of his team i.e. the us v them thing!!
    He did his "moon" routine with 10 minutes to go in the game, and that TD made the score 30-17. I don't think they needed him to "raise the tempo". They were doing just fine without his display.

But maybe the week before he was trying to "raise the tempo" when he walked off the field before the on-side kick near the end of regulation. Or how about last year, when he bumped a police officer with his car, yea I bet that got the team ready to win. :confused:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Does it shock me? Not at all. You're right, this is exactly what we should expect from Randy Moss, because this is in line with all previous actions from Moss. So am I shocked, no. He is consistent.

Me personally, I'll leave it. Speaking of leaving, do you think his didn't care when he walked off the field last week before the on-side kick. With playoffs on the line, he walks off the field. I think some of them might have cared.

And I don't know that I can place stupid, arrogant, & disrespectful alongside refreshing.

Here's my question. You're the new GM for the Rams, and you had a chance to trade Bruce for Moss, would you do it?
    At this stage in both their careers, yes I would.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'd trade Bruce for Moss, then I'd trade Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    At this stage in both their careers, yes I would.
    Then you and I will just have to disagree on this one.

Moss - 28 years old - $5,750,000 per year - Career Avg. 5.3 catches per game, 83.9 yards per game (questionable work ethic, distracting off-field actions)
    Bruce - 32 years old - $4,700,000 per year - Career Avg. 5.25 catches per game, 79.7 yards per game (character & work ethic has never been a question)

I just can't see trading away Bruce for Moss.
    Last edited by HUbison; -01-11-2005 at 03:00 PM.

elAcky Guest

The problem with Moss on the Rams team is that we already have a Huge ego on this team... and that ego would not allow him to triumph here... Not sure about trading Moss for Bruce but as an example i would definietly trade Bruce for TO.

Hubison, i guess we are just going to have to disagree on this one, my view is that there is very little between what Moss did and what any defensive player wil do when he makes a play... their goals are both to draw attention to themselves and motivate their teammates.... The only addition is that Moss created a bit more animosiy which will make next years derby interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by elacky
    The problem with Moss on the Rams team is that we already have a Huge ego on this team... and that ego would not allow him to triumph here
    not touching this one with a 10-foot pole
    Not sure about trading Moss for Bruce but as an example i would definietly trade Bruce for TO
    wouldn't pull the trigger on this deal either
    Hubison, i guess we are just going to have to disagree on this one
    Agreed. Go Rams. :ramlogo:

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

He got fined $10,000.........yeah, that's really going to break his bank.....On second thought, he could have used that money on hiring a barber!!! Use your money wisely Mr. Moss!!! (just a little advice, that's all) LOL

moklerman is offline Registered User

I was thinking about this the other day. Football is the only real team sport. Basketball, baseball, hockey (not that they actually play any more) are all about 1 on 1 matchups. Everything about those sports revolves around how an individual is doing. In baseball, 15 of the 18 total players are motionless and virtually uninvolved if a pitcher is striking guys out. Basketball is all about the individual also. Kobe, Iverson, etc. all have a 1 on 5 mentality. While teamwork is desirable, it's by no means necessary.

In football, there is no individual success. All 11 guys are pivotal to a team's success. Okay, maybe 10 if the backside reciever is too far away from the play. But not usually. A wr, making a backside block will often times spring the play and is a big reason why guys like Hines Ward are so coveted. He never takes a play off and prides himself on making every block like the whole play depended on it.

This brings us to Randy Moss, the king of crying for attention. You might say that he and TO are the same in that regard and in a lot of ways they are. While TO's antics are basically good-natured (pom-pom's, sharpie, etc.) they are still a cry for attention. So, while the antic itself is basically harmless, in itself it also seperates the individual from the team. I find Moss' antics to be less good natured than TO's and I think a lot less of Moss as an individual, but in both cases I think the antics are out of place.

The Redskins from the 80's as well as the bob and weave Rams were good examples of what the league should allow if it's going to allow showboating at all. These team's celebrations involved preplanning and choreography (which the NFL thinks is bad, I guess) but they also involved comradery and team spirit. Getting the lineman, fullbacks, whomever, involved in the celebration of the td seemed to be a good thing.

So, wannabe NBA'ers like TO and Moss are doing their best to bring that sort of mentality to the NFL. I hate it on those terms and I would ban it all together if it made the NFL anything like the NBA. If the motivation for scoring a td is to unveil your latest jester act then let's just ban it all. If your message is a big "F" you, then it's not really a celebration is it? I can't say that I know where the line should be but I do know that Moss went over it with his act. I don't agree that it's harmless because it makes the league look bad. I don't want to watch the XFL, I want to watch the NFL. It's all football, but there is a difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123