BigGameMN is offline Registered User

What punishment do YOU think the Patriots should have got?

Here is what I would have done.

Fine Bellicheat $500,000, suspended him for 4 games, and place him on a 2 year probation where if he got caught again during that time he would suffer a permanent ban from the league.

Stripped the Pats of BOTH 1st round picks and a 3rd.

Fined the NE Patriots organization 10 MILLION dollars.

I would have also opened up an investigation to see what exactly goes on in NE. I would have demanded to speak to the camera man and others to see how long this junk has been going on and who exactly knew about it.
    Last edited by BigGameMN; -09-13-2007 at 09:45 PM.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Re: What punishment do YOU think the Patriots should have got?

The more I think about it, Belichick should have been suspended for the rest of the season.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post

Fine Bellicheat $500,000, suspended him for 4 games, and place him on a 2 year probation where if he got caught again during that time he would suffer a permanent ban from the league.

I would have also opened up an investigation to see what exactly goes on in NE. I would have demanded to speak to the camera man and others to see how long this junk has been going on and who exactly knew about it.
    I like what you are saying here,10 million might be a bit steep, but everything else makes alot of sense,talking to the camera man could have been very informative.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post

See this is what I'm talking about! This is more or less along the lines of what type of punishment should have been meted out. Some type of suspension. Believe me I was at first okay with a $ 500,000 fine, but his nonchalant attitude of evasion and directing attention to the Chargers game made me think different.

I know that he wants to steer things away from becoming a distraction, but this is suppose to be a distraction, YOU BROKE THE RULES!!! And the Ratsys you think they didn't know about this? Tom Brady didn't know about this? When every single call comes through and it's as sure as apple pie, I would raise an eyebrow, BRAAAAAAADY.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think there should have been a suspension. If a coach gets a 5 game suspension for HGH even though that doesn't really do anything to help the team on the field, I'd say 8 games would be an appropriate suspension for cheating that does influence the game.

And I'd also launch an investigation to see if I could turn up any evidence at Patriots headquarters that this had happened before.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

An added 4 to 6 game suspension to the fines and loss of draft picks would have been more consistent with the Commissioners previous handouts.

Bob Kraft the owner of the Patriots needs to step in and force Belchick to answer the questions from the media or at least have Belichick address the fans.

Belichick has always been a jerk. At least he's consistent!

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I think a 4 game suspension of Belicheck would have been appropriate since players who break the rules get suspensions, not just fines.

I'll tell you why that didn't happen though.... The NFL sees this whole thing as a blemish and hurts the integrity of the league, which until now has been squeeky clean compared with the NBA, MLB, etc...

so they want to downplay this a bit also because the more it gets talked about, the more it hurts their multi-billiion dollar baby. Goodall wants this to go away also