View Poll Results: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I will root for:

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Rams

    39 88.64%
  • Kurt Warner

    5 11.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    ramsanddodgers's Avatar
    ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    Hey Mr. Instigator,

    I will root for the Rams first. I don't care where they are in the standings or who they are playing against.

    I'll never understand wanting to lose to improve the draft opportunity. As if we have a great track record with our top draft picks. Shoot, I'd settle for a good record let alone a great one.

    I will continue to watch Kurt play and wish him well, but he ain't no Ram no mo.

    RnD

    GO RAMS!!

  2. #17
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    I'm a little different when it comes to this than most Warner fanatics. He's on a division rival I never root for him. It's nice that he's doing well but I'd rather see them losing. Same goes for Bruce although his success doesnt translate into victory as much as Kurt as a qb does. I will always root for the Rams and I root against the Cards because they are a division foe. If Kurt were on the Ravens I would root for him but he's not. I am a Ram fan first and have seen many players come and go, but I dont follow the players I follow the RAMS!!! I'm sorry if you root for Kurt in any game vs the Rams I don't care what the circumstances you are not a true Rams fan.
    Last edited by rammiser; -10-19-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Just Fix It

  3. #18
    rampower's Avatar
    rampower is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    cumbria, UK
    Age
    41
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    I agree rammiser, i would only want a rival to win if
    A) it Got us in the play offs

    B) it didn't affect our standings and they were playing the whiners.

    I want the rams to win above all. Thats why I call myself a rams fan.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

  4. #19
    ramsanddodgers's Avatar
    ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I'm a little different when it comes to this than most Warner fanatics. He's on a division rival I never root for him. It's nice that he's doing well but I'd rather see them losing. Same goes for Bruce although his success doesnt translate into victory as much as Kurt as a qb does. I will always root for the Rams and I root against the Cards because they are a division foe. If Kurt were on the Ravens I would root for him but he's not. I am a Ram fan first and have seen many players come and go, but I dont follow the players I follow the RAMS!!! I'm sorry if you root for Kurt in any game vs the Rams I don't care what the circumstances you are not a true Rams fan.
    If this was in answer to MY post then you misunderstood what I wrote.

    One can like players on other teams and look for them to do well but I would never root for them to better the Rams.
    RnD

    GO RAMS!!

  5. #20
    RAM-BO's Avatar
    RAM-BO is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    Is there any way a moderator can trace the vote back to the voter? I'd like to see the 4 who voted for Warner over the Rams.

  6. #21
    ramstiles's Avatar
    ramstiles is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    surrey, england,
    Age
    60
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    the 4 that voted for warner are not ram fans

  7. #22
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    If this was in answer to MY post then you misunderstood what I wrote.

    One can like players on other teams and look for them to do well but I would never root for them to better the Rams.

    No it wasnt about you it was about the people who voted for Warner. Also about the guy that said if the Cards had a shot at the playoffs and the Rams were out of it he would go for the Cards. These people can keep telling themselves they are Rams fans but they are not.
    Just Fix It

  8. #23
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    Quote Originally Posted by ramstiles View Post
    the 4 that voted for warner are not ram fans
    Actually,

    It was Brenda Warner under four separate accounts.

  9. #24
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    I'm actually suprised that people voted for Kurt Warner...

    RAMS ALL THE WAY!!!!

  10. #25
    pikers's Avatar
    pikers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I'm a little different when it comes to this than most Warner fanatics. He's on a division rival I never root for him. It's nice that he's doing well but I'd rather see them losing.
    I agree. The problem is, the Rams are their own worst enemy. This year (and the two previous) have had nothing to do with what the Cardinals do. We shoot ourselves in the foot. If we actually play up to our talent level, the Cardinals wouldn't be anything but one more team in the rearview mirror. This is only a debate because of what we're NOT doing, not what Kurt is doing.

    I'm sorry if you root for Kurt in any game vs the Rams I don't care what the circumstances you are not a true Rams fan.
    Life must be simple when you think in black and white.

    Fact is, I root for Kurt, only because I fully acknowledge that it is the Ram's responsibility to handle their schedule, not waiting for the Cardinals to lose.

    Remember also that I said head to head, it's always Rams first, unless they are in a playoff position and we are not. Think broadly--if that's the case, we have a better shot at a better pick in the future anyway.

    Being a sports fan is like investing; it's a long-term deal. If a season is a wash, true football fans will then divert their interest to the second-favorite team or player if their team is out of it. If I stopped watching football because the Rams were losing, I wouldn't have seen much in recent memory.

  11. #26
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    Gotta put the team first, but I'll always root for Kurt, Bruce, Fletch, and others that go to other teams. Heck, I don't mind seeing them play well against us, at long as WE get the WIN.

  12. #27
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    Quote Originally Posted by pikers View Post
    I agree. The problem is, the Rams are their own worst enemy. This year (and the two previous) have had nothing to do with what the Cardinals do. We shoot ourselves in the foot. If we actually play up to our talent level, the Cardinals wouldn't be anything but one more team in the rearview mirror. This is only a debate because of what we're NOT doing, not what Kurt is doing.



    Life must be simple when you think in black and white.

    Fact is, I root for Kurt, only because I fully acknowledge that it is the Ram's responsibility to handle their schedule, not waiting for the Cardinals to lose.

    Remember also that I said head to head, it's always Rams first, unless they are in a playoff position and we are not. Think broadly--if that's the case, we have a better shot at a better pick in the future anyway.

    Being a sports fan is like investing; it's a long-term deal. If a season is a wash, true football fans will then divert their interest to the second-favorite team or player if their team is out of it. If I stopped watching football because the Rams were losing, I wouldn't have seen much in recent memory.
    Yeah I still dont care if the Cards had a chance at the playoffs and we didnt. I still root for the Rams and hope they knock Warner and the Cards out of the playoffs. As for thinking broadly because we would get a higher draft pick, that's just b.s. The Rams don't usually pick very well anyway so i'd rather waste less money on a lower pick thank you very much. I do not care which way you spin it the Rams come first no matter the scenario. I root for ex-Rams as well it's not like I hate them when they leave but head to head no matter what it's Rams first even against the guy on the pedistal (Kurt Warner).
    Just Fix It

  13. #28
    rampower's Avatar
    rampower is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    cumbria, UK
    Age
    41
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:

    Quote Originally Posted by pikers View Post
    I agree.

    Being a sports fan is like investing; it's a long-term deal. If a season is a wash, true football fans will then divert their interest to the second-favorite team or player if their team is out of it. If I stopped watching football because the Rams were losing, I wouldn't have seen much in recent memory.
    Obviously you are a sports fan and obviously you like following a winning team, as you say yourself, if your number one team is losing attention goes to your 'second' team.

    I am a rams fan through and through. Period. I like to see my wifes team win as it makes her happy. But never ever at the cost of one rams win. Every other result around me I quantify in how it affects the rams, nothing else.

    If I am watching a good game that affects the rams then I enjoy it for the good game it is.

    I have no second team.


    I guess some people and just less hard core in their following of their team than others. There is no way in hell I could root for another NFC west team and I just cant see how any rams fan would. (unless it got us in the playoffs).


    Rams IS football to me, if they ceased to exist, I have no idea if I would carry on as a football fan. Really I haven't.

    To put it another way, When faulk Retired. When Kurt retires, I will still be a football fan. Football outlives its players, hence I put team first. Players move teams. I dont.


    The first ever rams fan I met in the mid 80's got me into the sport. He quit the rams when we went from 5-0 to 5-4, in 89. He then followed the vikes,
    THEN when meon deon went to atlanta and they changed their kit to black, he started with them, Neon moved to dallas, so did he. then a year or 2 later, he just stopped following football never to return. Was only ever interested in winning teams and after following 4 teams for their winning years, he no longer could be bothered. Meanwhile I was a rams fan through the worst patch in franchise history. I never left town with henry ellard, kevin greene, jim everett, jerome bettis or any other.

    I suppose I am an extreme or hard core fan and some aren't. Nothing wrong with it. It just is.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
  2. Postgame With Gordo, Dec. 30
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-31-2007, 03:31 PM
  3. Jim Thomas Live, November 6, 2007
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  4. Have Fun,enjoy
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
  5. PaRamFan48 Chistmas '99
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -03-18-2006, 11:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •