laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Whiners fire Mike Nolan

Mike Singletary is taking over.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Re: Whiners fire Mike Nolan

Wooohooooo!

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    Wooohooooo!
    B Daddy, what's your thoughts on that? Why do you want him fired?

Are you whiners copying us now....firing Head Coaches in the middle of the season?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    B Daddy, what's your thoughts on that? Why do you want him fired?

Are you whiners copying us now....firing Head Coaches in the middle of the season?
    I've wanted him gone since around this time last season. The big thing that really grinda my gears is his unwillingness to change something when it isn't working, or even acknowledge when there's a problem. Last year, for instance, it was pretty clear from the get-go that Jim Hostler was in over his head. Now I'll cut him slack on his choice for OC because his options were limited, but he did absolutely nothing to fix the situation until week 12 or so (bringing in Ted Tollner), and by that time the team was out of playoff contention. Up until Tollner was brought in, the offense was on pace to be the worst in NFL history. Throughout the season he praised Jim Hostler and then when his job was on the line, he basically blamed the team's inability to win on a lack of offensive production (ie Jim Hostler).

This year the defense has almost constantly been in a nickel package. Nolan says it's to prevent big plays from the other team, but teams have been gashing us on the ground. But the formation generates ZERO pass rush and the opposing QB picks the D apart underneath. To make matters worse, it's still susceptible to big plays. JUST STOP IT! IT'S NOT WORKING! Rather than adjust to the scheme to fit the strengths of his players, he simply says the scheme is fine and the players aren't doing their jobs.

Other things include playing favorites with certain players. Derek Smith, who was an awful, awful linebacker and incapable of making an open field tackle was a Nolan favorite and often started over better players.

Then there's Trent Dilfer. Dilfer, IMO has always been a terrible QB but Nolan fricking loved him. No matter how awful Dilfer looked, Nolan wouldn't take a chance on Shaun Hill. It was only after Dilfer COULDN'T play that Nolan put in Hill, and of course Hill made Dilfer look like poo.

Other players, such as Brandon Moore, Roderick Green, and David Baas outperformed the guys they were backing up, but find themselves rotting on the bench or cut.

I could go on but this is getting long enough. I'll add that he doesn't manage games very well (the man is absolutely terrible on 4th down) and tends to go through timeouts like candy. He doesn't play to win, he plays to not lose (and it frequently bites him in the butt). The team is often undisciplined, unprepared, and uninspired. It goes on...

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Thanks for the input B Daddy. You would think that Nolan would have a better defense going and not be so predictable. Keeping the D in nickel all the time can't be good.

Having favorite players that don't perform isn't good either. I am sure it must be hard as a coach to pick the players that are needed to win, instead of just picking your favorites. It looks like the coach can make lots of decisions that cause problems for the team.

We will have to see how Singletary does in his place. We will have to keep an eye on you guys. We don't play for almost a month. Things may be different by then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Another mistake of "rollin' with Nolan" was the hiring of Mike "let me get your QB killed" Martz. His offense has been figured out, and as you'll find out, he'll get his QB killed, and the running game will go under utilized before the season is over.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968