Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Whiners lost, Whiners lost!

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Whiners lost, Whiners lost!

nuff said.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Whiners lost, Whiners lost!

They lost, but they got screwed at the end. The ref HAS to make that call in the end zone, its an obvious hold with the ball in the air impeding the receivers progress and impacting the play. Of course, i think the play calling on the last four plays was just awful by the whiners and it serves them right, but they should have had a first and goal at the one.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

The Whiners also took advantage of a power outage that got them to shift momentum to almost beat the Ravens but fell short.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Wow, GREAT game, GREAT outcome!

I don't like Colin Kaepernick, but he was impressive and didn't let the interception affect him. I hope we didn't create a monster by knocking Alex Smith out and giving Kaepernick his chance.

IMO, there was PI on that last 4th down pass by the whiners, but too bad! Calls go that way in crunch time in a Super Bowl. There is no worst place to finish than second.

How funny was it to watch Jim Harbaugh do his best Danny Ainge impression throughout the game.

Tonight was a good night!

Truth is offline Registered User

Sorry GC...receiver pushed off as well. I believe it was a great no call.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Within 5 yards... contact by both players... ball thrown 3 yards out of bounds... good no call.

Plus, the Whiners received a couple of favorable calls along the way, so I'm not crying for them.

Jim Harbaugh is an embarrassment. I've never seen a coach go so ballistic so often during a game.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -02-04-2013 at 12:33 AM.
    Nick and macrammer like this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Within 5 yards... contact by both players... ball thrown 3 yards out of bounds... good no call.
    I thought it was interesting that Crabtree didn't complain one bit after the play.

Plus, the Whiners received a couple of favorable calls along the way, so I'm not crying for them.
    Like the late hit on Flacco that wasn't called when he was clearly out of bounds. And I might have to watch it again, but the roughing the kicker call looked iffy, and some acting may have been involved. Yep, no tears for the whiners.

Attachment 3331

Guess where Whiner fans in denial are going to?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I gotta agree with pretty much everything here. That PI/DH has to be called, and I think the Falcons agree with that more than everyone. The Falcons probably also think it is karma to happen to the 9ers on 4th down to end the game (almost). There was also OPI that could have been called on that play.

The non-call on the Flacco hit was more deserving than the ticky tack call that restarted a 9ers failed drive. The Ravens had to settle for a FG instead of first and goal, and a potential TD. 9ers advantage there.

The running into the kicker was completely bogus, and turned a missed FG into 3 points. The defender whiffed on the block, and MISSED the kicker. Akers then falls down on top of the defender. Another big advantage for the 9ers.

Just about every long run by the 9ers was only open due to some pretty blatant OL holding. I know for a fact that every scramble by Kap should have been called back for holding. Really, both teams were guilty for some blatant OL Holding, but the 9ers had the bigger advantage here.

I will also that that the 109 yd (not 108 that the league changed it to so the 9ers won't have that failure in the record book) KR TD should have been called back for holding, and I loved that it wasn't

gap

macrammer is offline Registered User

Jim Harbaugh is an embarrassment. I've never seen a coach go so ballistic so often during a game.
    Spot on. harbaugh is truly an embarrasment. Show some class.....

Whiner fan remarks on KNBR sports talk are classic today! Whiners lost. AWESOME!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think the officials got it right at the end of the game by keeping the flag in their pocket. As I saw it, replay clearly showed contact both ways between Crabtree and the defender, and I think there is a legitimate question as to whether the ball was catchable.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think the officials got it right at the end of the game by keeping the flag in their pocket. As I saw it, replay clearly showed contact both ways between Crabtree and the defender, and I think there is a legitimate question as to whether the ball was catchable.
    I'm with you on this one Nick. If Kaepernick had thrown a better pass (even somewhat catchable)there might have been a flag thrown in the Whiners favor. One thing I noticed during the game is Kaepernick as good as he is has no touch on the ball. Everything is a laser.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Here's a 'FWIW' quote...

Refs come through with tough non-call

By Mike Pereira, FOX Sports; 02-04-13, p.m.

Destiny, it is said, is a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power.

Irresistible? How about improbable, impossible, incredible—and no power—since I can't remember a Super Bowl quite as crazy as No. XVLII between Baltimore and San Francisco.

For the record, Baltimore won 34-31, but destiny may have been the biggest winner.

First, you had the brothers Harbaugh coaching against one another in the Super Bowl, something we may never see again in any sport.

Then you had the underdog Ravens, who had overcome numerous obstacles this season just to get to the Super Bowl, playing lights out on their way to a 22-point lead just seconds into the third quarter.

So lights out, in fact, there was a power outage, delaying the game for 34 minutes. You can't make this stuff up, folks.

Then there was Destiny's Child getting into the act. No, I'm not talking about Beyonce and her former group reuniting for the halftime show. I'm speaking of San Francisco's amazing rookie quarterback, Colin Kaepernick, who led the ***** back from the brink when most thought the game was over.

This was a long way to get to destiny's final date with one Jerome Boger.

Never heard of him? That's OK. You're not supposed to. Boger was making his first appearance as referee in the Super Bowl and some, including some anonymous officials, questioned his qualifications for working this game.

But I'm happy to say Boger and his crew did a commendable job.

It was a relatively penalty-free game (***** had 5, Ravens had 2), and while there are always a few plays in question, the biggest play that had ***** fans screaming came late in the game.

Here was the situation: the ***** had the ball, fourth-and-goal from the Baltimore 5-yard line with 1:50 left in the game. Baltimore led, 34-29.

Kaepernick lofted a pass to Michael Crabtree, who was being guarded by Jimmy Smith. Both players were hand fighting and when you look at this play in real time, there's not enough to call pass interference against either player. Smith had a quick grab and Crabtree had a quick push-off. Smith went down on the play and the pass fell incomplete.

Crabtree never complained and it's the type of play where a flag thrown against either team would have, in my mind, created more controversy than a decision not to throw the flag.

By the way, it couldn't be defensive holding because the pass was in the air when the contact occurred. It's either offensive pass interference or defensive pass interference.

It was not an obvious foul and until I looked at it in slow motion, it seemed like no foul at all. It's not a penalty I would want called if I were still VP of Officiating for the NFL.

Oh, I forgot one thing that is destined to be looked at this offseason.

It is said that teams reflect the temperament of their coach. The competitive nature of the Harbaugh brothers have rubbed off on their respective teams.

Super Bowl XLVII was one of the more chippy Super Bowls I've seen in a long time. In many ways, it seems to be an extension of what we saw beginning in Week 1 with the replacement officials.

The lack of control we saw the first three weeks of the season was hard to reel in once the regular officials resumed their roles. I have to think the NFL can't be happy with all of the late shoving and the in-your-face mouthiness. It seems to have become the rule, not the exception.

It was most apparent in a fray that occurred around the 7-minute mark of the second quarter after Baltimore’s Ed Reed picked off a Kaepernick pass. A melee nearly broke out and personal fouls were called on both teams. Actually, Baltimore defender Cary Williams should have been ejected for shoving an official.

This whole episode was preceded by a bunch of verbal taunting between both teams. The officials were doing their best to get between players and get it stopped without throwing flags, but it eventually turned into a major skirmish.

I think it's safe to say that the competition committee will look at this in the offseason and issue a point of emphasis regarding taunting and dead-ball pushing and shoving.

Look for a lot of early fouls called for unsportsmanlike conduct next season.

That's when destiny might come face to face with reality.

Courtesy of FOXSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'm with you on this one Nick. If Kaepernick had thrown a better pass (even somewhat catchable)there might have been a flag thrown in the Whiners favor. One thing I noticed during the game is Kaepernick as good as he is has no touch on the ball. Everything is a laser.
    So basically, Krapernick is like Favre with legs?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Here's a 'FWIW' quote...
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXSports.com
    This whole episode was preceded by a bunch of verbal taunting between both teams. The officials were doing their best to get between players and get it stopped without throwing flags, but it eventually turned into a major skirmish.

I think it's safe to say that the competition committee will look at this in the offseason and issue a point of emphasis regarding taunting and dead-ball pushing and shoving.

Look for a lot of early fouls called for unsportsmanlike conduct next season.

That's when destiny might come face to face with reality.
    And if past NFL history is any proof, the flags will be a-plenty for every team but the ones most guilty (9ers and Ravens). And of course, the cheatroits.

gap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast