throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

whiners trade Englerberger for Middlebrooks

The Denver Broncos called defensive end John Engelberger and his agent, Robert Lattinville, to inform him they are trying to finalize a trade in which Engelberger goes to the Broncos and the San Francisco ***** receive cornerback Willie Middlebrooks.

Middlebrooks, a former ***** first-round pick, has been shopped in trade conversations for the past couple of months. There was some interest by the Miami Dolphins, but the ***** heated up their interest in the past couple of days.

Middlebrooks, 26, started only two games during his four seasons with the Broncos. He's a big corner at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, and is expected to fit in as the third corner in the ***** 3-4 defense.

In acquiring Engelberger, the Broncos retain the public relations notion that they weren't unloading Middlebrooks as a disappointing draft choice. He was the 24th choice in the first round. His contract voided after this season and is scheduled to be a free agent.

Engelberger joins 16 other defensive linemen in Denver, but he comes to the team with talent. A former second-round choice who was the 35th pick in the 2000 draft, Engelberger started 58 of 78 games. The *****' switch to the 3-4 didn't fit Engelberger's abilities because he's a pure 4-3 defensive end.

The ***** held off calling Engelberger until Wednesday because they wanted to investigate a domestic assault charge involving Middlebrooks that is scheduled to go to trail Oct. 11. The domestic charge involves a girlfriend.

Once they checked into the details of the case, the ***** decided to go ahead and push to make the trade, which will be completed on Thursday.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Re: whiners trade Englerberger for Middlebrooks

This is great for the Rams. The whiners have traded away a decent DE and received one of the biggest 1st round busts of this century.
    Middlebrooks, 26, started only two games during his four seasons with the Broncos. He's a big corner at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, and is expected to fit in as the third corner in the ***** 3-4 defense.
    Man, I only hope he is indeed their nickel...chalk Curtis up for 150 yards and a pair of TDs everytime we play the whiners, if so.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BBlades89 Guest

Don't the Broncos have enough DE's?

Quote Originally Posted by BBlades89
    Don't the Broncos have enough DE's?
    According to the article, they have 16 DLs on their roster. I guess the Bronco approach to D-linemen is like the Ram approach to safeties.....bring in all you can and surely a couple will stick.

Scidog68 Guest

Don't the Broncos basically have the Bengals complete front line from last season, along with their old DC? I don't remember great things from the Bengals, defensively, last year. Should this year be different?

rawkhrdr Guest

It's gonna be an ugly year in S.F. though. I almost feel sorry for the fans down ther. But screw them, the gloated for far too long and now they get to see what it's like to be a fan of a horrible team. That FO can't make any good moves. It makes me happy.

Hey, that's 100 posts....yeah!!!!
    Last edited by rawkhrdr; -07-14-2005 at 03:42 PM. Reason: unknown

Welcome to the world of "regular", rawk. :up:

BBlades89 Guest

It's the Browns Scidog. They traded for Ebenezer Ekuban, Courtney Brown, and Gerard Warren. If I forgot someone please lmk.

It's the Browns Scidog. They traded for Ebenezer Ekuban, Courtney Brown, and Gerard Warren. If I forgot someone please lmk.
    Mike Myers

BBlades89 Guest

That's it. Thanks HUbison

Scidog68 Guest

"Crappy Ohio Team" Thanks.

How was their "D" last season?

BBlades89 Guest

I can't quite remember, but I don't think it was that great if my memory serves. I'm too lazy to look up their rankings right now.

I can't quite remember, but I don't think it was that great if my memory serves. I'm too lazy to look up their rankings right now.
    Their passing D was outstanding (5th). Their run D was dead last (32nd).

Scidog68 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Their passing D was outstanding (5th). Their run D was dead last (32nd).
    How much of that 5th place pass D was pass rush and how much was secondary? So it looks like everyone should run on the Broncos, then, eh?

rawkhrdr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Welcome to the world of "regular", rawk. :up:
    Great, and this isn't even my regular board...over at.net, I got almost 2000. Am i bored or what.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast