Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: whiners trade Englerberger for Middlebrooks

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68
    How much of that 5th place pass D was pass rush and how much was secondary? So it looks like everyone should run on the Broncos, then, eh?
    They were tied for 27th in sacks and tied for 19th in interceptions. And apparently other teams saw their weakness... The Browns were 3rd lowest for opposing passing attempts, but 3rd highest for opposing rushing attempts. The Browns were one of only 5 teams (Cleveland, Miami, Giants, San Fran, Tampa) that saw opposing teams attempt more runs than passes. When you look at the record of those 5 teams, the ratio is probably a function more of scoreboard than personnel strengths and weaknesses, but either way, teams chose to run at them when they faced the Cleveland defense.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Of all those teams that you listed HUbison, most of them got behind early. So I would think that it was more of a product of them getting behind and the other team trying to slow the game down and run the clock. Plus the offense on all those teams wasn't very explosive last year, so by running more, it means that their strangth (defense) is on the field longer and gets tired faster. So I would guess that more a function of the scoreboard and offensive scheming by the other coach then personnel shortcomings.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    Of all those teams that you listed HUbison, most of them got behind early. So I would think that it was more of a product of them getting behind and the other team trying to slow the game down and run the clock. Plus the offense on all those teams wasn't very explosive last year, so by running more, it means that their strangth (defense) is on the field longer and gets tired faster. So I would guess that more a function of the scoreboard and offensive scheming by the other coach then personnel shortcomings.
    Then we are agreed...
    When you look at the record of those 5 teams, the ratio is probably a function more of scoreboard than personnel strengths and weaknesses
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    He's a big corner at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, and is expected to fit in as the third corner in the ***** 3-4 defense.
    This didn't make sense to me, because I figured Spencer was going to be the nickel corner, but I guess he's starting now since Rumph moved to FS...?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12