Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Who is the #1 RB in the NFL today?

Here's another way to look at the question.....

Who would do better, LT with the Seahawks, or SA with the Chargers?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Here's another way to look at the question.....

Who would do better, LT with the Seahawks, or SA with the Chargers?
    Are you joking? Just picturing LT's running AND receiving skills behind Jones and Hutchinson makes the hair on my neck stand up. As a Rams fan, I don't even want to think about it.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

general counsel is offline Registered User

What i would call that offense (ie without its two top receivers) is an offense with a dominant offensive line and a fantastic qb. i think that the top receivers for seattle arent very good anyway, its not like losing holt and bruce. If seattle had top receivers the last couple of years (especially given the mamouth bust on koren robinson) they would have gone much deeper in the playoffs.

Rule #1 of the seattle offense.

Haselbeck can only throw it, he cant catch it also.
    Way too many drops with games on the line.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Seehawkrun
    I don't know. What would you call an offense that's been missing both #1 and #2 recievers and still manages to be the NFL's top rated offense week in and week out?
    Well, I wouldn't call it a balanced attack, which was what you claimed it was.

Seattle is 11th in the league in passing yards per game and 15th in passing touchdowns, while being third in the league in rushing yards per game and first in rushing touchdowns. There's a significant disparity between the two.

Meanwhile, San Diego is 10th in the league in rushing yards per game and second in the league in rushing touchdowns. In the air, they're 12th in the league in yards per game, and again, second in scoring.

So again, who's the more balanced attack?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler

When I watch LT, I see a faster, more explosive, more ellusive running back who is just as effective as a receiver as he is a runner. He is, in my opinion, the most complete back in the NFL right now.

I would also contend that of the top four running backs in the league right now, he is running behind the worst offensive line of the four, yet is still having an amazing year.

Those are my reasons as to why I think Tomlinson is the best back. If you disagree, fine. No one has to agree on everything.

But please, don't imply that because we disagree with you, we're sheep for what's said on television.

Nick said it all, not much too add. They both will end up with similar rushing stats and similar TD stats but LT is the better back because of his pass catching skills, and he runs behind an inferior line compared to what Alexander runs behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

ACTIVE- MARSHALL MARSHALL MARSHALL

TODAY- I HAVE TO GO WITH ALEXANDER. KIND OF REMINDS ME OF ERIC DICKERSON.

CHARGERS HAVE ANTONIO GATES AND KEENAN McCARDELL WHICH DEFENSES HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR AS WELL AS LT. SEAHAWKS ARE WOUNDED AT THE RECEIVER POSITION, SO DEFENSES CAN LEAN HEAVILY TOWARDS STOPPING THE RUN BUT CAN'T SEEM TO STOP ALEXANDER.

Seehawkrun is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0
    ACTIVE- MARSHALL MARSHALL MARSHALL

TODAY- I HAVE TO GO WITH ALEXANDER. KIND OF REMINDS ME OF ERIC DICKERSON.

CHARGERS HAVE ANTONIO GATES AND KEENAN McCARDELL WHICH DEFENSES HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR AS WELL AS LT. SEAHAWKS ARE WOUNDED AT THE RECEIVER POSITION, SO DEFENSES CAN LEAN HEAVILY TOWARDS STOPPING THE RUN BUT CAN'T SEEM TO STOP ALEXANDER.

That's another good point. Everyone knows it's going to be Alexander with the ball, but teams still have a hard time with stopping him.

The west coast offense is designed as a balanced attack, the reason they're 12th in passing yardage is because the offense is designed on slants and short comeback routes to pick up 5-7 yards. It's a very effective offense that eats up clock and is the best int he NFL at scoring on long drives. #1 on scoring drives over 80 yards. #1 in total yardage and TDs. #1 in Aikman's detailed effeciency ratings.

I still gotta go with Seattle, more of a balanced offense than the Chargers or any other team in the NFl right now.

Milan is offline Registered User

My List would go:

#1. LT
    #2. Shaun Alexander
    #3. Edgerrin James (Sp)
    #4. Steven Jackson.
    #5. Julius Jones

Something like that. I'm probably forgetting some.

gap Guest

Based on the amount of holding I saw the Hawks getting away with this weekend (some VERY OBVIOUS and helped SA get past the DL/LBs), I don't put much weight on the amount of yards he puts up. June Henley could get that kind of yardage if his OL wasn't flagged every other play for OL holding.

gap

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

L.T. can do it all. He is without a doubt the best all around RB in the NFL, who can to not only run, but catch and pass with equal proficiency. He's caught 100 passes in a season and this year he's 3-3 with 3 touchdowns passing. Alexander is a great back, but he doesn't compare to the overall abilities of L.T.
    Can I be impartial and call these two equal? They seem so to me.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Marshall still!..............all around ! let him play

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

To my Seahawk brethren, I would say "Who gives a damn?". Shaun is more productive this season and despite how good LT may be, he's not helping his team win.

I'd rather have a winning Seahawks team with Shaun than a losing Chargers team with L.T.

Shaun's the most productive. That's a fact. Quit waiting for others to have the opinion that he's the best... especially fans of a division rival. If it means we keep winning, I don't care if Shaun is called the worst back in the league.

socalramfan is offline Registered User

Unhappy Re: Who is the #1 RB in the NFL today?

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    My List would go:

#1. LT
    #2. Shaun Alexander
    #3. Edgerrin James (Sp)
    #4. Steven Jackson.
    #5. Julius Jones

Something like that. I'm probably forgetting some.
    As much as I hate to say it as a rams fan but alexander looks to me like he hold the number one spot as the best running back this year. But give jackson 1 or 2 more years to develop into something sean alexander always wished he could be.
    Last edited by socalramfan; -11-20-2005 at 09:35 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i think most teams would love to have either one, i side with lt only because i think hes a better receiver, but dont forget about ej in indy either, hes pretty good to.

Jack_Youngblood is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv
    This isn't true. LT has more yards than SA.

I appreciate all the home cookin from the Seattle guy, but LT is easily the best back playing today. A back has to do more than run the ball these days, he's gotta catch it too. Since 2001, LT has 9020 all-purpose yards, SA has 7873. In the past two years, LT has 2875 yards, SA has 2847. This year LT has 1099 yards, SA has 981. SA has a better line in front of him than LT as well. And to top it off, LT is 2 years younger than SA.

SA is great, but LT is better.
    Holy Crap the best post in this thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast