Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Who is the #1 RB in the NFL today?

Shaun Alexander, and no offense to my Seattle brethren, is lost by the media mostly due to the fact he plays in Seattle. LT plays in sunny San Diego where EVERY media type loves to go.

Shaun Alexander to me is the top running back in the league. Its 1 and 1A though, kind of like choosing BBQ ribs or brisket.....can't really lose. However, Alexander has the tendancy to break one on you more often than Tomlinson. Alexander doesn't have the receiving stats that Tomlinson does but Seattle truly doesn't use Alexander in the passing game. My vote, Shaun Tomlinson.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

My vote, Shaun Tomlinson.
    Just 'cause it's easier to spell than LaDanian Alexander.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey, you can spell it that way because you have two green thingys. I only one so I'm spelling it my way.

:tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Hey, you can spell it that way because you have two green thingys. I only one so I'm spelling it my way.

:tongue:
    It's like they always say.......you can lead a horse to water, but you can't give him two green thingys.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BigBlueBuff is offline Registered User

How can any back that doesn't play on passing downs be considered the #1 RB in the NFL? Don't running backs also have to catch and block to be considered great?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBuff
    How can any back that doesn't play on passing downs be considered the #1 RB in the NFL? Don't running backs also have to catch and block to be considered great?
    I'm going to make an assumption that you are pushing for Tiki Barber in this debate.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

There's way too many great backs in the league for me to put a #1 label on any of them!

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    It's like they always say.......you can lead a horse to water, but you can't give him two green thingys.
    LOL

That gave me a good chuckle...

BigBlueBuff is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I'm going to make an assumption that you are pushing for Tiki Barber in this debate.
    I'm not "pushing" for Tiki, though as a fan, I wouldn't trade him for anyone (except for a younger Tiki!)

However, I do believe that you can't be considered the "best" in the league if you only play on first and second downs. I can't once remember the Rams pulling Marshall Faulk out of the game because he was a liability as a blocker.

xfactor28 is offline Registered User

It's the system. Marshall was good in Indy, but great in St. Lou. Emmit had an awesome line. Barry played for the Lions and is the best ever. Right now the nod goes to LT with Alexander a hair behind. Watch out for my boy Steven Jackson!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123