View Poll Results: Who got the better end of the Moss trade?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vikings - They get an additional first round pick, a starting linebacker, and lose a distraction.

4 40.00%
  • Raiders - A first round pick and decent linebacker is a small price to pay for Moss.

1 10.00%
  • Push - The deal worked out fairly even for both parties.

5 50.00%
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Who got the better end of the Moss trade?

I've heard arguments for both sides. Time to hear what the Clan thinks.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Who got the better end of the Moss trade?

The Vikes get the better end of this w/o question. They got rid of the worst personality in football and received a top 1st round pick, a decent young LB and a "cherry-on-top" pick to boot. It's like a doctor removing your cancer, and then paying you for the privilege to do so.

You won't hear it publically, but there are some happy people in the Vikings locker room right now.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

It's a push. Both sides got screwed. The Vikings lost a big time receiver and the Raiders got a headcase. The first round pick may give the edge to the Vikes, if that pans out.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

theodus69 is offline Registered User

The Vike's found out they could win w/o Moss. So the Vike's win this deal. They can work on that out of wack D with Harris and use one of those pick's also!Maybe both Pick's!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Moss was a first round pick in '98, so getting a first rounder in return for him is basically breaking even in terms of what you spent. So basically the Vikes get their first round pick back, and also get Harris - a decent but hardly great middle linebacker - and a seventh round pick. I'm not sure the Vikes win out on this one, IMO.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

they need defensive help! They win! Unless the blow the 2 Picks!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

We're viewing this from the perspective of all the tangibles involved. There's nothing wrong with that, it's all the information that we have, so we that's where we base our comparison, but it doesn't give the whole picture. Here's my point:

Who knows Randy Moss better than anyone in the league? Not us, not the media, not the Raiders....just the Vikings. They know every aspect of him, his positives and his negatives. And what they saw was that they were better off w/o his stats if they could get the #7 pick, a 7th round pick, and a developing ILB in return. Because it's not just what they got in return, but what they get rid of as well.

I've got to believe that the headaches caused by this juvenile delinquent alone are reason enough to remove him from the team, but apparently the Vikings only wanted a #7 pick, an ILB and a 7th rounder to be considered at least whole, if not profitable. I've got to defer to the Vikings on this one.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

That's a fair point. I think based on his play and his productivity, Moss was worth more. But maybe the Vikes were willing to accept less because the behind-the-scenes stuff was too destructive to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    That's a fair point. I think based on his play and his productivity, Moss was worth more. But maybe the Vikes were willing to accept less because the behind-the-scenes stuff was too destructive to the team.
    Guys like Randy Moss make me glad we have guys like Faulk and Bruce and Bulger (and allow me to still cheer for guys like Wistrom and Warner)