View Poll Results: Who will be the 2008 MVP?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Warner

22 78.57%
  • Adrian Peterson

1 3.57%
  • Anquan Boldin

0 0%
  • James Harrison

0 0%
  • Other

5 17.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Who will be the 2008 MVP?

Brees, Portis, or how about KRIS JENKINS? That guy is just mauling people this year.

If Thomas Jones were a bigger name, he would even be in the mix right now.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

If the Cards had a better Defense--Warner is a shoe in as MVP....the offense is good enough to make a serious run in the playoffs--the defense if nothing lease will let them down

Keenum is offline Registered User

Warner is probably back to #1 as of now, but Peyton Manning is close. Warner has 1,000+ more yards, but Manning will play the Lions and Jags coming up, and then a Titans team sure to rest their starters. Warner plays the Vikings, @ New England (in the cold, on the road, not a good matchup for the Cards), and then the Hawks.
    Brees has to make the playoffs to be in the mix.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Now I think Peyton Manning is everybody's favorite, but think about this for a second:
    Why is Peyton Manning the favorite? Because he started off bad, but was able to lead his team to the playoffs after a rough start. He put up good numbers and helped to carry his team.
    If THAT is your logic, than the award should go to... Philip Rivers. Rivers not only has better numbers as a whole, but he carried his team much more than Manning, and after being counted completely out of the playoffs, lead the Chargers to a huge comeback (first 4-8 team to make playoffs I think I saw on ESPN). You think Rivers has talent? Hello, Manning plays for the Colts, but I think the talent levels should not be counted in this situation.
    Adrian Peterson seems to be in discussion, but not as much.
    I really think Kurt Warner carried his team more than Manning, but probably a little less than Rivers. As of now Warner will probably get some votes, but not enough to really count for anything, even though some of his early season games were better than Mannings late season games (which were good for Manning). They tend to pick who is hot as well, and not pay too much to early season stuff it seems.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Peyton Manning won it for the 3rd time.

Just goes to show like Keenum said the early season doesn't matter as much, they like to pick someone who's hot going into the playoffs and someone who carries his team and gets the W's.

I thought Warner was on course to get it but he had a meltdown the last couple of weeks, then I thought it would be Brees but the Saints didn't make the playoffs so that's obviously a huge negative against him.

I guess Peyton Manning makes sense after all.

Link

I was surprised by how unanimous the voting was and by the fact that Chad Pennington ended up in second place.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I don't know why they can't give it to a defensive guy. But good for Manning, if there's a guy on offense that should have gotten it. It might as well have been him.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

It is a shame that defensive guys aren't recognized. The last defensive guy to get it was Lawrence Taylor. What about James Harrison?? 16 sack, 7 ff, 1 int. Demarcus Ware? 20 sack, 6 ff. Joey Porter? 17.5 sack, 4 ff. Not to take away from what Peyton did for the Colts but I'd like to see these defensive guys considered in the same light as flashy skill position players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12