View Poll Results: Hottest QB on market this offseason?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Hasselbeck

2 15.38%
  • Drew Brees

8 61.54%
  • Kurt Warner

3 23.08%
  • Tommy Maddox

0 0%
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Who will be hottest QB on market this offseason?

There could be quite the bidding war for these four.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Who will be hottest QB on market this offseason?

No question at all. The way Drew Brees is playing he's going to break the bank.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Kurt Warner will bring the best value for a team looking for a 1 or 2 year plug-in. But if a team is looking for something long-term (5 or 6 years), Brees may be the one.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I went with Brees as well.

Warner will not be as hot a commodity because of his age.

Maddox is probably regarded as some as a one-hit wonder.

Hasselbeck will get a lot of attention, but the Seahawks will probably find a way to resign him.

moklerman is offline Registered User

At this point in time I would have to go with Brees also. I still think he should have kept his #15 from his Purdue days. There's no good reason why, other than it reminds me of Ferragamo. Plus there aren't any #15 qb's in the league right now(starters) or very often in general. None of that is important, just my thoughts about Brees whenever the conversation goes in that direction.

Warner's value right now isn't high but isn't low either. He's just been managing games and for good reason. New York is the Baltimore Ravens without the good o-line so there really isn't much to work with for a qb at this point. I still think that Shanahan will go after him, especially with all the poor decisions that Jake has been making this year. The left-handed interception takes the cake for me. If you're Brett Favre and you pull some unorthidox play out of your butt it's one thing, but none of the other qb's in the league can get away with stuff like that.

Maddox? C'mon, he's a backup at best in this league. Age and injuries aren't going to help his case either.

Hasslebeck is a bit of a mystery to me. I'm beginning to lean toward the idea that Holmgren stuck all of his eggs in that basket and was forced to try and make this guy into a starter. Beyond that, I've never really seen Hasslebeck do anything so above and beyond what all the other qb's are doing to make me real excited about him. He falls in the average pile as far as I'm concerned. Decent starter with a good arm, average decision making and a great running back to fall back on. I will concede that Hasslebeck would be a lot better off in Seattle if they had better receivers. I think that would be the best way for the 'Hawks to go next year, by bringing in at least one new wr, maybe two and try and help Hasslebeck out. Of course, Alexander might be gone too since he's in a contract year. If Seattle loses Alexander, Hasslebeck and Robinson I don't know what kind of team they're going to have.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think Brees is going to be the hottest if he keeps playing as he's playing. Warner's playing well, but age and the fumbling thing would be a factor for me if I'm a head coach. Maddox, um... no. Hasselbeck will probably be resigned by the Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    At this point in time I would have to go with Brees also. I still think he should have kept his #15 from his Purdue days. There's no good reason why, other than it reminds me of Ferragamo. Plus there aren't any #15 qb's in the league right now(starters) or very often in general. None of that is important, just my thoughts about Brees whenever the conversation goes in that direction.
    If the rumors about Brees being franchised and traded to Green Bay are true, then he certainly couldn't wear #15.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman is offline Registered User

That ties into my Ferragamo story perfectly, Nick. When Ferragamo went to Greeen Bay in 1986 he wanted #15 and the front office said "hell no", but then they went ahead and let him wear #5 instead. That pissed off a couple of Green Bay fans to say the least. Paul Hornung wore #5 in case you're not up on your Green Bay history.

I didn't realize that Green Bay was interested in Brees, rumors or otherwise. Very interesting. I actually considered Warner coming full circle and finishing his career where he started(sort of).

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think it's been all rumor thus far, but they're one of the most frequent names I've heard mentioned. Rather than drafting a QB with their first or second round pick, they could trade a third and something else to the Chargers and spend the other two first days on defense.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Man, San Diego just can't seem to get any peace at QB. They have had no answer since Dan Fouts. After a revolving door of pretenders, bad draft picks, good draft picks that just say no, the nightmare continues with emerging star Drew Brees clouding their plans for Rivers.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The only reason Brees is clouding the Chargers view on Rivers is that Brees could be having an MVP year at San Diego.

Watch him be a Packer next season though.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I've always thought Drew Brees was a good quarterback with no weapons at his disposal. Now he's got some good WR's in McCardell, Parker, and Caldwell (before he got injured), perhaps the best young TE in Antonio Gates.