Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: why the rams should cheer for the seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    You could also make the case that HOW you've won is a factor. Seattle can't control who they play, and making the assertion that they are inferior because they have not played "better" teams is relative and has no real bearing on the strength of the Seahawks. Seattle made a huge statement by beating Washington without Alexander, continuing a trend of winning all season in the face of adversity that IMO, makes them tougher and more confident going into Detroit.

So while you say Pittsburgh is stronger because of who they beat, I say Seattle is stronger because of what they have fought through to win. I guess we'll see.
    You keep saying what Seattle fought through adversity. What is it they fought through? Injuries? The Steelers have injuries also, Bettis missed some time, Parker missed some time, and Duce Staley was almost invisible because he didn't play due to injury. Rothlisberger has a thumb injury, also he went down and missed a game or two with a knee injury. So both teams have injuries.

Im not saying Seattle is inferior, and neither team can control who they play, but overall in the playoffs Pitt has beaten the better teams, that's just a fact. With Seattle having the best O Line in the league losing Alexander for part of one game isn't as huge as you make it.

Over all I'm saying I think Pitt has the momentum, and I think they will win the game.

BRUUUUUUUUCE

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Seattle can only beat who is put in front of them, and lets face it, they did beat virtually everyone who was put in front of them. They beat everybody they were meant to beat. Good teams will do that, and Seattle are a good team.

I'm just hoping for a good game and don't really have a preference either way. I note that from a Rams point of view SB winners sometimes struggle with complacency, players whining about money, teams stepping it up against you, increased distractions such as endorsements, monday night games etc, and the pressure of repeating. So I know that I should pull for the Seahawks.

But I don't, and whilst I realise I may get this completely wrong, I think the steelers will win. I think they'll win primarily because they have beaten people they weren't meant to beat and in places that have reputations as being tough places to win in. This gives you a fantastic amount of self confidence and it could just give them the edge.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    You keep saying what Seattle fought through adversity. What is it they fought through? Injuries? The Steelers have injuries also, Bettis missed some time, Parker missed some time, and Duce Staley was almost invisible because he didn't play due to injury. Rothlisberger has a thumb injury, also he went down and missed a game or two with a knee injury. So both teams have injuries.

Im not saying Seattle is inferior, and neither team can control who they play, but overall in the playoffs Pitt has beaten the better teams, that's just a fact. With Seattle having the best O Line in the league losing Alexander for part of one game isn't as huge as you make it.

Over all I'm saying I think Pitt has the momentum, and I think they will win the game.
    Beating better teams may be a fact, but it in no way, shape or form proves who is playing the best football right now.

Both teams have had injuries, but Seattle continued to win despite key injuries on their defensive line, at linebacker, in the secondary, at wide reciever and in their biggest game of the season, to their best player, the NFL MVP. Pittsburgh on the other hand struggled through their injury period and only got back on track when Roethlisberger got healthy. IMO, this makes Seattle stronger, deeper, more resiliant and menatally tough.

Seattle also had a history of tanking in the playoffs and getting no production out of Hasselbeck or Alexander, something that obviously was overcome this year. They also had a history of choking in close games against good competition, another obstacle they overcame during the course of this year in a big way.

Pittsburgh beat a Bengal team that was sunk as soon as Carson Palmer went down and barely held off the Colt's with a miraculous shoestring tackle (albeit after a very bad call on a key interception). The Seahawks gutted out their first playoff win in 23 years despite losing their best player and then proceded to dismantle a very good Carolina team, something you did not think they could do.

IMO, Seattle is the better team right now and will win it all.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Beating better teams may be a fact, but it in no way, shape or form proves who is playing the best football right now.

Both teams have had injuries, but Seattle continued to win despite key injuries on their defensive line, at linebacker, in the secondary, at wide reciever and in their biggest game of the season, to their best player, the NFL MVP. Pittsburgh on the other hand struggled through their injury period and only got back on track when Roethlisberger got healthy. IMO, this makes Seattle stronger, deeper, more resiliant and menatally tough.

Seattle also had a history of tanking in the playoffs and getting no production out of Hasselbeck or Alexander, something that obviously was overcome this year. They also had a history of choking in close games against good competition, another obstacle they overcame during the course of this year in a big way.

Pittsburgh beat a Bengal team that was sunk as soon as Carson Palmer went down and barely held off the Colt's with a miraculous shoestring tackle (albeit after a very bad call on a key interception). The Seahawks gutted out their first playoff win in 23 years despite losing their best player and then proceded to dismantle a very good Carolina team, something you did not think they could do.

IMO, Seattle is the better team right now and will win it all.
    Rothlisberger is still injured right now with his thumb and he's playing well fighting through it. As you stated, bad call on the Polamalu INT so the shoestring tackle really takes away from that game, Pitt played the better game and won despite the poor calls.

When did I say that I didn't think Seattle couldn't beat Carolina???????? I said they could be in trouble if they don't fix some things but I didn't say they would lose. In the Rams Super Bowl pool here I picked Seattle to go to the Super Bowl. That Carolina game was a toss up for me, but Carolina is very one dimensional when Smith gets shut down, especially when they lost Foster. Seattle fixed their special teams, shut down Smith and won the game.

Ok so Pitt beat Cincy without Palmer, but they were still on the road. But let's wipe that game out since Seattle played only 2 games. Pitt beat Indy the best team in the league and Denver the #2 seed in the AFC. Seattle beat Wash who was beat up and tired, Portis was hurting and they had a 4th string guy in at WR, and Carolina who was good but losing Foster really hurt them.

Seattle is good and I have never said otherwise. I have my opinion and the Steelers are playing better ball and look to carry the momentum into the SB. There's not much more than can be said without going in circles. I like my points better than yours, and vice versa. I'm not sure if you are thinking that I think Seattle will get crushed in the game but I don't. In fact Seattle has a great chance to win, but I still believe Pitt is playing better ball, has the momentum and will win.

You are really fighting for Seattle passionately, is there something we should know???? New name HawkloverMike maybe? :tongue: LOL . Just kidding

We can agree to disagree, we both have valid points and no matter who wins I hope it's a close and good game.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Seattle is good and I have never said otherwise. I have my opinion and the Steelers are playing better ball and look to carry the momentum into the SB. There's not much more than can be said without going in circles. I like my points better than yours, and vice versa. I'm not sure if you are thinking that I think Seattle will get crushed in the game but I don't. In fact Seattle has a great chance to win, but I still believe Pitt is playing better ball, has the momentum and will win.

You are really fighting for Seattle passionately, is there something we should know???? New name HawkloverMike maybe? :tongue: LOL . Just kidding

We can agree to disagree, we both have valid points and no matter who wins I hope it's a close and good game.
    Very well said. As for my support of the Seahawks, they have just impressed me this year with the way they were able to vanquish all of their past demons and failures. I have enormous respect for what they have done, but rest assured, I have no love for them and my support ENDS after the Super Bowl! LOL

Hodgins is offline Registered User

its always the losing team that gets the hangovers, plus gotta root for the former LA ram bettis

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue:

DanS761 is offline Registered User

R8 You said some very classy things and you are so right on with everything you said. I was talking to my buddy and tol him and have had other conversations.

Everything that the Seahawks have done, EVERYONE said they couldnt do. Every game they said we would lose, we won. This organization has gotten a lot of skelletons off thier back. In 04 they couldnt beat the rams, couldnt win a close game, couldnt win a playoff game, couldnt beat a good team. Everything we couldnt do we've done thats why I am confident Hawks will win. Its just different attitude as passed years

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

This is truly an interesting thread well done : I have to say I have mixed emotions about this , I totally understand and agree with whats been mentioned above , Its hard to see the Hawks win over bettis and the steelers I would like to see bettis retire SB winner ... and I know the Hawks deserve to win as much as the Steelers but I can hear it already all the way from Seattle ...

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Short and sweet.I'll be rooting for the Steelers because of Bettis,but if I were betting on the Game,I'd put my money on the Hawks,just because I think their better in all the phases of the game.Steelers are close,and I think their gonna lead for most of the game,but the Hawks will eventually wear them down and take the lead and hold it late in the fourth Quarter.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

my head says go with the NFC team.

My heart says go with Bettis

Looks like it should be a good game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12