Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Will the INT at the goal line keep warner out of the HOF?

Obviously, any warner HOF discussion will be impacted in part by what he does for the rest of his career. However, if he doesnt do much from here on out and the cards dont rally in the second half, i wonder if that one terrible throw keeps him out of the HOF.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Will the INT at the goal line keep warner out of the HOF?

That one among many of his interceptions will probably keep him out if they don't win...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Oh come on. That was a timing throw. The ball was thrown to a spot, and the defender read the play.

My question regarding this game is if the officials will get the MVP if the stealers win. So far the stealers have gotten away with more holding than the cheatriats, and 2 of those personal fouls, on that 3 personal foul drive, were pretty lame. IMO, they were bogus. Kurt takes worse late hits than the roughing the passer flag that was thrown for.

gap

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    My question regarding this game is if the officials will get the MVP if the stealers win. So far the stealers have gotten away with more holding than the cheatriats, and 2 of those personal fouls, on that 3 personal foul drive, were pretty lame. IMO, they were bogus. Kurt takes worse late hits than the roughing the passer flag that was thrown for.gap
    I agree 100% with that!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

The officials are the team MVP for the stealers, as that was NOT a fumble. The ball was still in Warner's hand, and it was his hand that propelled the ball forward. With the way the officials were helping the stealers win this game, I am surprised that they even called the holding for a safety. After all, they had been letting #62 get away with that all game long.

gap

Why not even review it? Tack on the 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty on the Steelers, and they are that much closer to an end zone toss!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

The sarge speaks the truth (as usual). I didnt think it was a fumble either, but regardless, its INCOMPREHENSIBLE that there was no official review of that play. The entire season is on the line. Where is the rush! Why not review it. With the penalty they would have been on the 30, maybe as high as a one in four chance of converting or getting a penalty. I would love to hear why they decided not to review it.

Meanwhile, given the way warner played for the game as a whole, that throw certainly wont keep him out. I agree that it was a timing route and the guy make a great play jumping the route, but it was a bad decision to make that throw. Whether he gets in or not is going to depend in material part in what he does over the next couple of years.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Truth is offline Registered User

Well, had it not been for Warner, the Cardinals wouldn't have even been in the SB this season. There were plenty of other problems with the Cardinals other than 1 bad pass. The defense played well occassionally. They left receivers ucovered, missed tackles and didn't make the plays they needed to in the last 2 minutes.

Like the Rams, Warner will never really be respected by the media. He has better stats than many of the QBs already enshrined, but he's not the glamorous choice.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The sarge speaks the truth (as usual). I didnt think it was a fumble either, but regardless, its INCOMPREHENSIBLE that there was no official review of that play. The entire season is on the line. Where is the rush! Why not review it. With the penalty they would have been on the 30, maybe as high as a one in four chance of converting or getting a penalty. I would love to hear why they decided not to review it.

Meanwhile, given the way warner played for the game as a whole, that throw certainly wont keep him out. I agree that it was a timing route and the guy make a great play jumping the route, but it was a bad decision to make that throw. Whether he gets in or not is going to depend in material part in what he does over the next couple of years.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Al Michaels said it was reviewed and ruled a fumble after they got back from commercial.

As for Warner, I don't think he will get in unless he has a couple more great seasons.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

the officials were horrible today,very one sided,that was not a fumble at the end and Warner will be a HOF'ER,I don't quiet know why he needs a "couple " more good years,top 3 passing games in Super Bowl history and would have had another SB MVP had the defense not let the Cards down.I think he has proven he belongs.

Keenum is offline Registered User

You can't get an accurate review with how they did it. Al said the guys upstairs said it was a fumble right after the play, they didn't review it if that's the case.
    Was it a fumble? Maybe, but that is complete and total bullcrap a proper review wasn't issued.
    Warner did all he could. The O-line was halfway decent, but Warner was still taking shot after shot, and then the defense... total collapse there at the end. Whoever that #47 is... I hope we throw to him every time next time we play the Cards!

The INT wasn't a bad throw on Warner, it was a timing throw, and Warner did put it where it was suppose to be. I think it was Boldin got slowed down by all the Steelers in that area, and the defender did put himself in perfect position for that.

Also, how in the heck did they not tackle him after that? They had about 2 really good shots, but I guess that's why Harrison was defensive player of the year. Just a fantastic play by him.

Is Warner in the Hall? I say yes. Not first ballot, but he'll get in. I don't think he'll retire either, if they would have won I think he would have. Unless the Cards are stupid and let him go, he's back for another year or two.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am glad to see that you guys thought the officials were horrible today. I am struggling to enjoy games when the officials seem to picking the winner of the games with their calls or non-calls. I think the worst for me was the roughing the passer call when Ben looked like he threw it away while in the pocket. I was expecting a penalty on the Steelers and instead they called a penalty on the cards.

Sometimes I think knowing too much about a game and the rules is a bad thing.

#92 should have been ejected in my mind for his actions.

Getting back to the topic of this thread...I would have to say Warner did not help his HOF pursuit today. He had many bad passes, some behind, some high, some low, and that interception right before the half was a game changer.
    Last edited by UtterBlitz; -02-02-2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: adding warner thoughts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yodude is offline Registered User

Marshall Faulk said this week that Warner is a first-ballot HOF'er....that's good enough for me.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Marshall Faulk just made a great point about something that the officials totally missed. Holmes used the ball as a prop to simulate the LeBron powder on the hands and then tossing it into the air. This should have been a 15 yard penalty that would have moved the kick way back, giving the Cards much better field position. As he stated, this would have changed the whole complexion of the game at the end. The others just called it sour grapes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Will the INT at the goal line keep Warner out of the HOF?

Kurt Warner.

Unlike some high caliber players that are overseen and not voted into Canton shortly after the 5 year requisite -- no matter how much their fans jump and scream -- Warner, IMO, is one of those beloved NFL individuals that DO make the HOF on the basis of his FAME and overall character. Today's media power helps him that much.

Again, the more people talk about him (including us), which is mostly positive, the greater his chances.

No, I do not think today's INT at SB XLIII will keep him out at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast