Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Will the INT at the goal line keep warner out of the HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    the officials were horrible today,very one sided,that was not a fumble at the end and Warner will be a HOF'ER,I don't quiet know why he needs a "couple " more good years,top 3 passing games in Super Bowl history and would have had another SB MVP had the defense not let the Cards down.I think he has proven he belongs.
    Absolutely agree. Warner is in the Hall. There is no doubt in my mind. Look at it this way, HE TOOK THE CARDINALS TO THE BRINK OF A SUPER BOWL TITLE. THE CARDINALS! Does anyone remember what the Cardinals were a year and a half ago before Warner stepped back into the starting slot? He's done too many extraordinary things during his career to not get the nod.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Marshall Faulk says Warner is a Hall of Famer, and he brought up that Holmes did use the ball as a prop and should have got a penalty (I didn't even notice that).

Tell ya what, people have said Marshall Faulk is one of the smartest players ever, so I think he knows what he's talking about.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Will the INT at the goal line keep Warner out of the HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Kurt Warner.

Unlike some high caliber players that are overseen and not voted into Canton shortly after the 5 year requisite -- no matter how much their fans jump and scream -- Warner, IMO, is one of those beloved NFL individuals that DO make the HOF on the basis of his FAME and overall character. Today's media power helps him that much.

Again, the more people talk about him (including us), which is mostly positive, the greater his chances.

No, I do not think today's INT at SB XLIII will keep him out at all.

As Mike just said, "there is no doubt in my mind". How about that last TD? Sure, the Cards have an excellent OC and a great set of WR's but Kurt has been back to being the GSOT QB we knew, back to form. Perhaps not as efficient as with the Rams but remarkably close in terms of bringing Arizona its first SB victory. On, so close!!!

He's just too well liked and accepted by such a large audience in the NFL, personally, professionally. I belive he is a HOF just waiting to happen after he retires.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I think the worst for me was the roughing the passer call when Ben looked like he threw it away while in the pocket. I was expecting a penalty on the Steelers and instead they called a penalty on the cards.

...Getting back to the topic of this thread...I would have to say Warner did not help his HOF pursuit today. He had many bad passes, some behind, some high, some low, and that interception right before the half was a game changer.
    I agree about the roughing call. That was bogus. A for the intentional grounding, I think they did a good job of showing Big Ben's position on the field. I agree with the NON call.

As for Warner's performance, 31-43 for 377 yds, 3 TDs and only 1 int. He completed 72% of his passes. How is that bad? If you han't seen the game or the box scores, you'd probably believe he was the winning QB. He showed great poise and leadership.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Funny, when he threw the pick, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. ..wondering, at the time, if the Cardinals lost (which of course they eventually did) if that throw would come back to haunt Kurt. I felt sick for him when it happened. the Cards are not my team, but I've never pulled for another team to win the SB as much as I did the Cards today. ...and only because of #13.

I for one think Kurt belongs in the Hall, just because of his numbers. If the anyone on the Cards just tackles the SOB, time expires in the half and it's a non-story. Heck, all the guy does is win.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

About 40 seconds away from owning 3 Super Bowl Rings with 2 different teams combined with other lifetime NFL achievements is slightly more than being 'in the discussion' whe it comes time to discuss HOF induction. IMHO, of course!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I agree about the roughing call. That was bogus. A for the intentional grounding, I think they did a good job of showing Big Ben's position on the field. I agree with the NON call.

As for Warner's performance, 31-43 for 377 yds, 3 TDs and only 1 int. He completed 72% of his passes. How is that bad? If you han't seen the game or the box scores, you'd probably believe he was the winning QB. He showed great poise and leadership.
    I thought the play that Ben got the roughing call should have been intentional grounding, but they never looked at that on that play. I agree with the non-call on the intentional grounding later in the game where they drew the lines on the screen and he did get out of the pocket.

I am probably being tough on Warner. He did very well against a good defense. Statistically his numbers are great. I was just disappointed that he did not perform well on crtical 3rd downs when they really needed to keep the ball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    the officials were horrible today,very one sided,that was not a fumble at the end and Warner will be a HOF'ER,I don't quiet know why he needs a "couple " more good years,top 3 passing games in Super Bowl history and would have had another SB MVP had the defense not let the Cards down.I think he has proven he belongs.
    Would have another SB MVP, could have another SB MVP, but doesn't. I also wouldn't have been shocked to see Fitz get the SB MVP if they won but anyways. I think Warner needs a couple more really good to great seasons because he wasn't good in the middle of his career and I think that inconsistency hurts him a lot with the voters. I'm not a Warner hater, I'm just expressing how I think the voters will vote as of now. I hope I'm wrong.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner has the most 300-yard passing games in the Super Bowl, with three. He also has the most career Super Bowl passing yards, with 1,156. (Joe Montana previously had the record with 1,142.)

Warner also has the three top passing yardage performances in Super Bowl history, in only three games.

His 1,147 yards passing in the postseason is an all-time single-season record; he broke his own mark of 1,063 from 1999 (which he accomplished in only three games).

HOF is lifetime PROFESSIONAL football or just NFL stats? For Super Bowl stats? Is it also for 'feel good stories"?

Regardless, Warner, IMHO, has it made in all categories.
    Last edited by ramsanddodgers; -02-02-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Warner played a heck of a game, and it will be a shame if his performance is remembered for nothing more than the play at the end of each half.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Biggest gaffe in Super Bowl history (apart from Scott Norwood's missed FG): Jackie Smith's dropped pass against the Steelers.

Smith was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1994.

Does that answer the question?
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -02-02-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Biggest gaffe in Super Bowl history (apart from Scott Norwood's missed FG): Jackie Smith's dropped pass against the Steelers.

Smith was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1994.

Does that answer the question?
    Excellent point.

RamMember Guest

while we can't know that as of yet what we do know is it sure as hell kept him out of the endzone

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I think that if Kurt didn't bring the Cardinals back and actually took the lead, that Interception to end the 1st Half would have been magnified even more. Even though that interception was all on Warner I still don't think it will have any effect on Kurt getting into the Hall.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

ive never heard of any player going into or not going into Canton off the back of one play...doubt if it will happen this time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12