Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,184
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: will warner make the HOF

    You know I have to say the Clan is the best without a doubt.

    I read the title of this thread with a completely open mind. Here's what I'm thinking brfore I read all the posts under this great thread. I am a Kurt Warner fan through and through. Would I want to see KW in the HOF? You bet! Realisticly do I think he should make it in? Not so sure.

    Then I read all the posts. In the beginning I'm thinking yeah KW deserves to get in (BigDaddyPace) post. Then a post by (Ramsbruce) has me swayed back in the other direction of not believing he deserves to get in. There are so many great posts under this thread both pro and con, it justs reminds of how awesome the members of this site are.

    Long live the ClanRam and it's members. You are the "Best"!

    As far as KW getting into the Hall Of Fame. I don't see it happening but stranger things have happened in the World of Sports.


    :r :l


  2. #32
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    31
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: will warner make the HOF

    -Originally Posted by Bruce
    "Davis didn't really come close to getting into the HoF, he was in the top 25 semi finals, but he didn't even make it to the 17 finalists that the committee picked from. http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...272007,00.html

    -Thats not Close?!

    "Warner had the best year ever?? That's news to Dan Marino and Peyton Manning."

    Marino 1984
    5084 Yards
    48 TDS
    17 INTS
    AFC Champs

    Manning 2004
    4557 Yards
    49 TDS

    11 INTS

    Warner 1999
    4353 Yards
    42 TDS
    13 INTS
    Highest QB Rating Ever
    SuperBowl Winner

    "Also the difference between them is Marino kept on, and Manning keeps having great years, while Warner had 2 great years and 1 good year. Just not enough to get in the way the vote goes today."

    -The difference detween Warner and Manning/Marino is that Warner got his first chance at 28 yrs old

  3. #33
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,446
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: will warner make the HOF

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Davis didn't really come close to getting into the HoF, he was in the top 25 semi finals, but he didn't even make it to the 17 finalists that the committee picked from. http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...272007,00.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Pace
    -Thats not Close?!
    No I don't think TD not even making the final 17 to be picked from is close. You know as well as I do that there is a lot of talk that TD may never get into the HoF because he didn't play at a high level long enough, and that's the very same reason that Warner won't get in. TD is a better example of why Warner won't get in than why he will get in.

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    "Warner had the best year ever?? That's news to Dan Marino and Peyton Manning."
    Quote Originally Posted by Pace
    Marino 1984
    5084 Yards
    48 TDS
    17 INTS
    AFC Champs

    Manning 2004
    4557 Yards
    49 TDS

    11 INTS

    Warner 1999
    4353 Yards
    42 TDS
    13 INTS
    Highest QB Rating Ever
    SuperBowl Winner
    As for your stats, when you say best year ever, that infers the regular season, so the Super Bowl is great, but it's not the regular season. Manning put up a 121.1 rating in 04 while Warner put up a 109.2 in 99, so I don't know what QB rating you are talking about. Marino and Manning had better overall individual regular seasons than Warner. Besides all of that, one great year doesn't get you into the HoF.

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    "Also the difference between them is Marino kept on, and Manning keeps having great years, while Warner had 2 great years and 1 good year. Just not enough to get in the way the vote goes today."
    Quote Originally Posted by Pace
    -The difference detween Warner and Manning/Marino is that Warner got his first chance at 28 yrs old
    Again the fact that Warner started when he was older STILL has no bearing on whether he gets into the HoF or not. The fact remains that Warner had 2 great years and one good partial year (11 games), other than that he has been below average never even playing a full season since 2001. Marino and Manning were and are consistent and that's what gets you into the HoF these days.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


  4. #34
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,306
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: will warner make the HOF

    As much as I would love to see Kurt in the hall, I just don't see it happening. If Kurt had great success at New York or in Arizona, perhaps. But because he didn't, he'll always be viewed as a product of the Martz offensive system, and will not be recognized for his talent. I don't totally believe that, but it's the way others see him, definitely. I think there is some truth that his numbers were a direct result of the Martz philosophy, and his play in other systems hasn't helped his cause. ...or perhaps he never recovered from his hand injuries. Who knows?

    But regardless, HOF or not, whenever I pull out the tape of the Superbowl season, I see a guy with unbelieveable accuracy and timing. Kurt made throws that were absolutely perfect, time and time again. His reads against the blitz were nearly always right-on. Kurt was a story for the ages, and as Ram fans, we'll never forget what he did for our team.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  5. #35
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    31
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: will warner make the HOF

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    As for your stats, when you say best year ever, that infers the regular season, so the Super Bowl is great, but it's not the regular season. Manning put up a 121.1 rating in 04 while Warner put up a 109.2 in 99, so I don't know what QB rating you are talking about. Marino and Manning had better overall individual regular seasons than Warner. Besides all of that, one great year doesn't get you into the HoF.
    Are kidding me, man? How are you gonna pick and choose what parts of the season help/hurt your arguement. Scimmatics. You can't discount the fact that Warner lead his team to the richest prize in the game and the others didn't (at least during thier best year).

  6. #36
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,446
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: will warner make the HOF

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    Are kidding me, man? How are you gonna pick and choose what parts of the season help/hurt your arguement. Scimmatics. You can't discount the fact that Warner lead his team to the richest prize in the game and the others didn't (at least during thier best year).
    You were really arguing two different points and I answered both points. You were saying Warner had the best year ever, and that's a totally different discussion than the HoF and I answered it that way. When people talk about the best season ever for a QB, Manning and Marino are at the top of the list and Warner isn't. Then you add in the SB and some QB rating (to help your argument) but again when the best year ever is discussed among people, players and the media it's about the regular season and it's still Marino and Manning, not Warner.

    Your argument saying he had the "best season ever" doesn't get him into the HoF and really isn't true since "best season" is defined by the regular season. You remember the saying "It's a brand new season" when the playoffs start right? Warner's numbers still count for him in the overall scheme of things which is part of the way they decide the HoF.

    I'm not discounting the fact that Warner won the SB, I'm not discounting anything he has done. That doesn't make any sense, I have taken into account all of Warner's accomplishments while deciding whether I think Warner makes it in. You can't make an informed opinion if you don't use all the facts.

    Your argument that he started when he was older doesn't get him into the HoF either. It makes no difference how young or old he was, he did what he did and that's it. Outside of Rams fans I doubt there are many people who remember he was older, and again that has no bearing on him getting into the HoF which is what this thread is about.

    The bottom line is Warner did great things here in 2+ years, but he didn't play at a high level long enough to get in.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •