Thread: Williams!!!

CrAzY_RaMz_FaN is offline Registered User

Williams!!!

rickey williams should be banned that little druggy diesnt deserve another chance:tongue:

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: holy god!!

This was wothless:down:
    RamsFan16

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

What does this have to do with the Rams? Put it in the right forum from now on.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Just for the record, I think Ricky Williams is the shiznit. I'm seriously considering buying an alternate-color orange Fins #34 jersey. Just to piss some people off. I don't know why people sh*t their pants so much about him. Good Lord, the guy was trying to find his way in life, he got sick of the business of the NFL. Is that so hard to understand? And I see so many people making fun of him for it. Wow, and he smokes marijuana, that's a first.

I hope he ends up starting by midseason and rips off hundred-yard games.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    Just for the record, I think Ricky Williams is the shiznit. I'm seriously considering buying an alternate-color orange Fins #34 jersey. Just to piss some people off. I don't know why people sh*t their pants so much about him. Good Lord, the guy was trying to find his way in life, he got sick of the business of the NFL. Is that so hard to understand? And I see so many people making fun of him for it. Wow, and he smokes marijuana, that's a first.
    I like Ricky and I can appreciate someone trying to choose their own path in life. It's too bad that he was not able to escape the NFL. Apparently it is not so easy to step away once they have the hooks in a player. Contracts, lawyers, and money....they make it hard to quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Williams!!!

some people can be real two faced.

I wonder how many people and players drink? mmmm?
    In my books, there is no difference between that and soft drugs.

And at least Ricky has the nuts to be open about it, unlike guys all over the NFL such as Mr. Whizzinator.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Most people are just jealous. Ricky had the nads to do whatever he wanted to do. He's really a private, shy kind of a person. So he didn't live up to his original contract. How often does the F.O. cut an aging veteran who has 7 million left on a contract that isn't guaranteed?

What Ricky did may have been out of the ordinary, but at least he did his own way.

Hey, you are only on this planet one time. Think about that.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I couldn't care less whether Ricky smokes pot or plays football, but don't paint him as some sort of folk hero.

What the press, for some reason, has generally overlooked about Ricky is that he has kids. So when he's travelling the world to find the best weed and running up a huge debt to the Dolphins, there are people who are suffering because of it.

The guy's a whackadoo, by the way, if you've ever heard an interview with the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    What the press, for some reason, has generally overlooked about Ricky is that he has kids. So when he's travelling the world to find the best weed and running up a huge debt to the Dolphins, there are people who are suffering because of it.
    I hadn't heard of that, to be honest. Good point. It's sad that something like that gets overlooked, but not surprising in the world today. That said, I haven't heard anything about him missing child support payments, and I'm sure the media would be all over him for it.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Here's a quote from an article that was written when Williams first retired (and before he was found to owe Miami over 8 million dollars):

Most people encouraged Williams to continue playing for the money so he can support his three young children. But Williams, who has talked in the past about returning to college to get a postgraduate degree in psychology, dismissed the need for money, even for his children. "I've had no money before," he said. "People are worried about the future of my children, but a child doesn't need much to be happy needs food, a change of clothes and for you to pay attention to him. A bottle of baby food costs 79 cents. I have that much."
    Also, whatever financial support he has provided, Williams has never been married to his kids mother(s) (not sure if they're all from one mother) and certainly does not seem to act as a father.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Yep ....It goes for all of us including me ! We shouldnt throw any stones,because we all live in glass houses!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Williams is a nut as far as I'm concerned, but it's not like he was involved in tying to cover up a murder, beating up his girlfriend or starting a drug ring, which some NFL players have been known to do.