Thread: Wistrom Cut

tim
    tim is offline Registered User

Wistrom Cut

I really haven't paid too close attention to how he's been doing since he left the Rams. Worth trying to bring back?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Wistrom Cut

Why? He's a back up who will want too much money. We have 3 DE's already and will probably add another in the draft. Stick a fork in him, he's done.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

He wasn't even that good back when the Seahawks signed him away from us, and he can't be better now. I'd rather have Adeyanju or Hall than Wistrom this year (Little goes without saying of course), we don't need him. Letting the Seahawks grab Bryce Fisher I always felt was a mistake though, if they'd cut him instead I'd be interested, but I guess there was a reason Wistrom was the first to go after they signed Kerney.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I wouldn't mind having him back at the right price, to be honest. That's probably more sentiment talking than practicality, but I always liked Wistrom.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Wistrom had an unbeleivable motor, but the Hawks signed him to a RIDICULOUS contract a few years ago, making him one of the highest paid players in the NFL. No way he come back, unless he wants to share time and take a major pay cut.

tim
    tim is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    No way he come back, unless he wants to share time and take a major pay cut.
    right. i agree. he has to be getting up there in age now, so maybe he'd be ready to do that.

he was always a good leader, so even if he isn't the player he was when he was a ram, he'd still be worth something in the locker room.

denverram is offline Registered User

Wistrom I miss you

Should we look at bringing him back? He will only be 32 when the season begins and I think he probably has a few good years left. He will also be highly motivated to stick it to the Seahawks since they cut him after they signed Kerney. We do need a starter at rt end Hall is a situational guy I think (and can be a locker room problem) and this guy was a hell of a player for us.

What do you think?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Wistrom I miss you

Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post
    Should we look at bringing him back? He will only be 32 when the season begins and I think he probably has a few good years left. He will also be highly motivated to stick it to the Seahawks since they cut him after they signed Kerney. We do need a starter at rt end Hall is a situational guy I think (and can be a locker room problem) and this guy was a hell of a player for us.

What do you think?
    Good questions denverram. It depends if Grant is willing to play for less money; especially at this point in his career. And if he is willing to play in a rotation at the RDE spot. But if he's looking for a starting position, and, even worse, starter money then the Rams will have to pass on him.

WHAT SAY YE?

P.S. Man, did he regress that much as an effective player last year? I wonder what the Squawks' ratings are of his performance last year.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    Wistrom had an unbeleivable motor, but the Hawks signed him to a RIDICULOUS contract a few years ago, making him one of the highest paid players in the NFL. No way he come back, unless he wants to share time and take a major pay cut.
    I've always loved this guys motor. If the price is right, I say bring him back.

Seahawk_For_Life is offline Registered User

New info is coming out on this.

The Seahawks asked Wistrom to restructure his contract. It was obvious he was not going to start this year due to Kerney coming in. And that's a large contract for a backup at this point.

Wistrom refused and asked to be released. The Seahawks obliged.
    "We were facing the No. 1 offense in the National Football League", Vitt said.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

The Seattle Seahawks cut defensive end Grant Wistrom, designating him a post-June 1 salary-cap casualty to soften the blow on this year's salary cap. Just this week, Seattle signed defensive end Patrick Kerney, so it was apparent that the team was going to release one of its other ends. It turned out to be the high-priced Wistrom, whom the Seahawks once signed to a contract that included $14 million in guaranteed money.---Adam Schefter

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Kane is offline Registered User

Grant Wistrom

The Seahawks have released Grant.

If we are serious about getting some strength in pass rush on the defensive line, I say we should re-sign him. I know weve just signed a DE, but will he honestly be better than GW? I think you have to take advantage of these opportunities when they arise.

keith m. klink Guest

for the right price, i would say yes. but don't expect linehan to even give it a thought .

STLLAMBS is offline Registered User

Wistrom would be an excellent role model and mentor for the new members of the revamped D-line. Not to mention, I could take my #98 Wistrom jersey out of moth balls !