RamWraith is offline Registered User

Word out of Viking land

Speculation is being made around here that the Vikings will be making a hard run at 2 of the 3 free agents.

Hartwell
    Polley
    Lucas
    K. Kennedy

The Vikings possess similar needs as the Rams and with them having the most amount of money to spend of any team this could pose problems for us.

****NEWS FLASH******

One problem might be solved. It looks like Moss has been traded to the Raiders for Harris (starting MLB). This might be good for the Rams.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Word out of Viking land

On two fronts it will be good for the Rams.

1. May take a major player with lots of cap room out of the equation
    2. The Vikings pick in front of us at 18, they don't use that slot for another MLB do they?

general counsel Guest

I cant believe that the raiders would give up a starting linebacker plus the #7 pick in the draft for moss, as espn is reporting.

general counsel

Say what you want about his attitude, Moss is a baller. I've watched him countless times catching balls with two defenders draped on him. Or shaking two defenders to get into the end zone after catching the ball on the twenty. The man is a PLAYER. The Black Hole will love him. Wouldn't you absolutely love to have the patent on the Moss 'fro wig now?

Maybe Minny is banking on signing Coles or Burress, but neither one of them is even close to the talent of Randy Moss.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tx
    Say what you want about his attitude, Moss is a baller
    Yea, he's great on paper, and I would love to have him on my fantasy team. But in a real locker room and dealing with real teammates, I see this guy as nothing but a liability. The Vikes were 8-8 with him, and without his cancerous presence, I predict they do better next year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Alright, we'll see. However, I'd take my chances that Oakland will be better before Minnesota.

rampete is offline Registered User

i think this may turn out to be a great trade for the raiders and moss...the raiders get one of the top three proven wrs of this game for a #7 and a dissapointing former 1st rd. pick n. harris...and moss can start fresh on a ball club more than willing to accept a high-profile player like himself...

one man's trouble is another man's solution...marshall and owens come to mind...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    2. The Vikings pick in front of us at 18, they don't use that slot for another MLB do they?
    I don't see any situation where the Vikes use that pick on a MLB, regardless of having Oakland's #7. My guess is that the Vikes will probably either make a run at OLB Derrick Johnson and either a safety or defensive tackle.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

The Vikes also gotta replace moss,and their not gonna take a third round risk in that position.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I don't see any situation where the Vikes use that pick on a MLB, regardless of having Oakland's #7. My guess is that the Vikes will probably either make a run at OLB Derrick Johnson and either a safety or defensive tackle.
    I think you're dead-on, Nick. I see Johnson in a Vikes uniform next year. If he makes it to 7, the Vikes take him and then probably Brodney Pool (my best guess anyway) with the 18th. Unless they get nervous and package the 18th and 7th to move up 3 or 4 spots. That would guarantee Johnson.

Sidenote: Best guesses, hypothesis, forecasting, tea-leaf reading....man, I love the draft.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Heh, indeed. Nothing beats pure ol' fashioned speculation when there's nothing else going on.

Minnesota clearly needs to address their defense, but psycho brings up a good point - the Vikings will probably need another receiver in their line-up unless they're going to tone down their offense. Taking Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards @ #7 would be an interesting choice, though you'd have to wonder why the Vikes would trade one of the best WRs in the game today for a decent middle linebacker and a first round choice that they'd use to draft another WR. I dunno.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-24-2005 at 11:31 AM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

The Vikes have to address the WR position now in addition to the defense. They can have Polley, the Rams still need to push for Hartwell.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions