Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJRamFan is offline Registered User

Arrow ClanRam FFL First Round Playoff Matchups

#1 hoof hearted (10-4) vs #8 RAMbunctious (7-6-1)
    Last Meeting: hoof hearted 106 - 71 (Week 14)
    hoof hearted Key Players: QB D. McNabb, RB C. Portis, DEF Pittsburgh
    RAMbunctious Key Players: QB B. Roethlisberger, RB J. Jones, DEF San Diego

After dropping two of their first three games, hoof hearted is riding a strong six game winning streak where they've scored less than 100 points only twice in those games. hoof hearted's owner won the inaugural ClanRam Cup and looks to return the cup to the Lone Star State. RAMbunctious, however, had a four game win streak midseason, but as stumbled down the stretch, dropping three of their last five. hoof hearted has a solid, balanced team while RAMbunctious tails off a bit after Big Ben. RAMbunctious scored the fewest overall points by any of the playoff teams, recording 1245, fewer than six of the eight non-playoff teams. As a sidenote, these teams are #1 and #2 in total transactions with RAMbunctious putting in 28 and hoof hearted putting in 24.

#2 Milngavie Claymores (9-4-1) vs #7 FertersFantasyFreaks (7-6-1)
    Last Meeting: FertersFantasyFreaks 114 - 91 (Week 2)
    Milngavie Claymores Key Players: QB C. Pennington, RB S. Alexander, TE A. Gates
    FertersFantasyFreaks Key Players: QB B. Volek, WR E. Kennison, DEF Buffalo

Ferter made a flurry of questionable transactions following his 164 point blowup in the final week of the season as he picked up A.J. Feeley, Joey Galloway, and lion hearted Todd Pinkston. The Claymores traded off wins and losses with a tie mixed during the first seven weeks of the season before they rounded out their schedule 6-1 tear to finish #2. In all but one of those wins and the lone loss, they scored over the century mark. Ferter went 0-4-1 midseason before ending the season with a 4 game win streak. Both teams have a couple headliners and some nice matchups this week which could make this game very interesting.

#3 Hammerheads (9-5) vs #6 DJ's Dynamo (8-6)
    Last Meeting: none
    Hammerheads Key Players: QB D. Carr, RB L. Tomlinson, RB B. Westbrook
    DJ's Dynamo Key Players: QB T. Green, RB W. McGahee, TE T. Gonzalez

The Hammerheads had a 1-4 stretch midseason, but ended 5-1. The Hammerheads scored the most points in the league with 1578, an average of 112.7 points per week. The defending undefeated champions also struggled a bit in the midseason going 1-4. However, they finished 3-1 in the last month of the season. The Dynamo can be somewhat streaky as they've scored 152 and 67 points, both wins. This should be another very tightly fought game.

#4 SoCal BlitzKrieg (9-5) vs #5 kodachakas (8-5-1)
    Last Meeting: kodachakas 135 - 64 (Week 9)
    SoCal BlitzKrieg Key Players: QB B. Favre, WR M. Harrison, WR D. Bennett
    kodachakas Key Players: WR T. Owens, WR T. Holt, DEF Washington

Blitzkrieg started the second half of their season dropping three of four, but ended on a three game win streak. If Drew Bennett has another incredible game like he did on Monday night, Blitzkrieg could be in the clear as the Titans go up against the Raiders. With Owens and Holt, kodachakas looks to have a stellar team on paper. They went 5-0 midseason, then back into the playoffs while dropping three of their last four. But, in that loss, then rolled up 155 points.

Commissioner's Note: we all feel bad for Dez, again, as Grand Theft was the only team to not score 1,000 points this season as they recorded 999.

DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Cool Re: ClanRam FFL First Round Playoff Matchups

Quote Originally Posted by DJRamFan
    FertersFantasyFreaks Key Players: QB B. Volek, WR E. Kennison, DEF Buffalo

Ferter made a flurry of questionable transactions following his 164 point blowup in the final week of the season as he picked up A.J. Feeley, Joey Galloway, and lion hearted Todd Pinkston.
    LOL.....Those are my key players? Well it seems you conveniently left out my two stud RB's - E. James and D. Davis.

A flurry of questionable transactions? Cmon give me a freaking break. Did you notice the players I dropped to add these players to my roster? Compare the numbers, during the last 4 weeks, between the players I dropped to those that I added. Need I mention one player I dropped was out for the rest of the season. Questionable --- LMAO. My roster has been fortified and I am poised to kick your butt, if you make it past the Hammerheads, which is highly doubtful. As far as Feeley goes I found out during last seasons ClanRam Cup Playoffs that it is best to have a QB waiting in the wings in case of any game time decisions due to injuries.

:tongue:

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: ClanRam FFL First Round Playoff Matchups

I am looking forward to the playoffs and I am hoping that the Hammerheads will perform well without Bulger. I have Carr is as my QB this week and that makes me nervous. Hopefully Bulger gets better soon. I am tossing around the idea of throwing Bettis back in since he is getting a lot of touchdowns this season and is even throwing passes now. I wish I could play 3 RBs and 2 WRs.

DJ's Dynamos aren't looking too bad. Gotta luv having Gonzales as a TE, and Atlanta as a defense.

Nice come back run, by the way ferter. I thought you were out of it a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck to all in the playoffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

txramsfan is offline Registered User

hoof hearted is on fire people. Don't mess with a team that's already won the Cup once. I'm in trouble though if McNabb starts to slow down before the NFC Playoffs begin.

Yea Hoof Hearted has been on fire late in the season, and I would like to feel confident enough to talk some trash talk but I am not certain my team can pull it off at the moment. I guess we will see if you have what it takes to reclaim the trophy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool Re: ClanRam FFL First Round Playoff Matchups

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    I would like to feel confident enough to talk some trash talk but I am not certain my team can pull it off at the moment.
    Cmon Blitz trash talk it up - You have earned it - You are in the playoffs and anyone can win the ClanRam Cup at this point. Hell even those candie ass hoof hearts have a slight chance. At the very least we can laugh at those woeful Vistors from the hood. Did they suck this season or what? And how about the invisible act put on by those Ghost Riders?

I will say one thing Blitz, you do have a great team name. Unlike some of the other teams in the playoffs. Speaking of which - what in the sam hell is a kodachaka or a milngavie claymore for that matter?

Cmon don't you feel just a little RAMbunctious?

Yeah I say trash talk it up Blitz ....It sure can't hurt and it damn well won't make a difference cos the Freaks will be the 2004 ClanRam Cup Champions.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    At the very least we can laugh at those woeful Vistors from the hood. Did they suck this season or what?
    I'd like to think that it was injuries that held me back. That's the story I'm going to tell the FO anyway as I try to renegotiate a new contract. There is no way it was bad coaching.

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry Truman, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    I'd like to think that it was injuries that held me back. That's the story I'm going to tell the FO anyway as I try to renegotiate a new contract. There is no way it was bad coaching.
    Think what you need to adarian, but the visitors didn't come to play this year.
    Perhaps you are not ready to coach your own team just yet.
    :redface:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thoey is offline Registered User

Think what you need to adarian, but the visitors didn't come to play this year.
    :redface:
    Ouch!!! Man, you Guys and Gals are brutal. I think you are almost ready for me to join next year...

This space for rent...

I'm not sure how you can say this. I am as confounding as sMartz. I mumble like Belichek use to. And I can toss the red flag as far as any of them.

From the way it sounds you tossed the white flag more often than the red flag. At least that is what Utter told me...

:tongue:
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    From the way it sounds you tossed the white flag more often than the red flag. At least that is what Utter told me...
    I appreciate you starting smack practice early, heaven knows the practice will do you good. But this will only get you released from Smack Training Camp - which is only what UtterlyBlitzed told me ...

Hey, if I get released, you lose your interpreter...

:confused:
    This space for rent...

Hey now... I have been drinking, but I am not utterlyblitzed at the moment.....

Smack Training Camp....we need some of that. We need to improve the talent and vocabulary usage in the Smack forums. Yea:redface:

You know adarian, I went back and looked at the number of moves that you made to see if you were actually paying attention, and guess what, there were many moves made by you. I guess you just picked bad players and/or failed to motivate them to play for the Visitors. Perhaps they didn't like your team name. Who wants to be a visitor all the time?

Terry you should come join us next year. You can help to beat down the over-confident hoof hearted team. Tx seems to think the trophy belongs to him. I keep trying to picture what a hoof hearted thing looks like and I keep coming up with a hoof attached to a heart and it just seems wrong.

Well must go motivate the players to come out and beat DJ's Dynamo. I have to convince them this is the playoffs when they keep thinking it is just another game in the regular season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wink Re: ClanRam FFL First Round Playoff Matchups

Hey nice to see you are starting to warm up to the trash talk Blitz. Tx sure is quiet. Too quiet if you ask me.

The silence from tx has me thinking....

"faint hearted" would be more appropriate than "hoof hearted"

BTW adarian - I am quite sure no one is confused - except for you and possibly the ghost rider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast