Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LARAM is offline Registered User

Fantasy Football

Is it to early to start talking Fantasy Football......Are we gonna set it up like last year.......we appear to maybe have some new members with brian leonard bringing some followers along with him. Maybe 3 leagues???? and lets start planning dates for the drafts......

itsguud is offline Registered User

Re: Fantasy Football

I'm Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Can't wait- I'm actually keen to find out who the overall champ was from last year- relatively certain my team stunk it up, though. EDM i remember you had computer difficulties and etc.

But the blue league was as fiercely competitive as it got last year- I was lucky enough to escape with the trophy, but i think Nick got dudded in the championship game.

Hey-also- 500th post!

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Can't wait- I'm actually keen to find out who the overall champ was from last year- relatively certain my team stunk it up, though. EDM i remember you had computer difficulties and etc.

But the blue league was as fiercely competitive as it got last year- I was lucky enough to escape with the trophy, but i think Nick got dudded in the championship game.

Hey-also- 500th post!
    It was you or me. I think you whooped me though. Anyways, it was a good time and I'm looking forward to playing again.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I've been looking around this week for a site to host our league and finally found one that meets our requirements. I'm having some issues with the setup right now, but that should be fixed soon (once I hear back from customer service). If it doesn't work out for some reason, we'll probably have to go with Yahoo again this year.

We'll wait for sign-up until training camp time, when more Clan regulars will be around to have a fair chance to join. Also don't want people joining right now and then forgetting about it in a couple months when the real action starts.

If we end up using Yahoo again and have to manually add up the championship game, it shouldn't be a problem for me this season as I now have the internet at home and work. I'd be happy to add up the scores for last year's Cup if you can remember your roster lineups (and if you can trust each other to be honest ). Because I didn't have Internet access available at the time, I gave you guys really short notice and never did get both lineups. I still have the scoring system on record, so it would still be possible to figure out the winner or we could just settle on co-champions.

:l

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -06-16-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Milan is offline Registered User

Yahoo calculates the points automatically...

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Yahoo calculates the points automatically...
    There were two separate leagues, Blue and Gold, so Yahoo couldn't put the two winners head-to-head.

-jake-

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man View Post
    I'd be happy to add up the scores for last year's Cup if you can remember your roster lineups (and if you can trust each other to be honest ). Because I didn't have Internet access available at the time, I gave you guys really short notice and never did get both lineups. I still have the scoring system on record, so it would still be possible to figure out the winner or we could just settle on co-champions.

-jake-

EDM,

Here's the link to the thread about the cup.
    http://http://www.clanram.com/forums...ad.php?t=22085
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    EDM,

Here's the link to the thread about the cup.
    http://http://www.clanram.com/forums...ad.php?t=22085
    Saw that thread, but never did get bar-bq's lineup after PMing him... any chance you remember your roster, BBQ? If not, I still have a link to the league on my home computer, we'll see if I can still access the old rosters after I'm off work.

BTW, the issue with the setup of the new league has been fixed. There will be 3 conferences (Blue, Gold, White) with ten teams each, if we can fill all 30 spots. Each conference will have its own draft and player pools.

This year I'd like to give out small prizes for the conference champions and/or the overall champ to keep the competitive fire going. Any ideas for prizes (such as a ClanRam t-shirt) that you guys would like?

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -06-16-2007 at 06:27 PM.

thoey is offline Registered User

EDM, first, I am not related to the website I am going to talk about at all, but my personal league has been using Fanball Commissioner (http://www.fanball.com/) for the last 4 or 5 years. I will admit, every year, the beginning of the season is a little rough, they offer the first couple weeks free as a trial. But it's mostly only an issue for those players that sit in front of their PC wanting instant stats. If you are the type to check in a handfull of times on Sunday, knowing it is going to be a bit busy, you will be fine. After those first couple weeks, I have not had any problems.

Commissioner gives you the option of configuring your league the way that you want. Ours is one division of eight teams. I am pretty sure I have seen two divisions with 16 team leagues. At $60 bucks for the year, I think it is worth it. Much better than Yahoo (free) or CBS ($120).

Just thought I would share it with you. If you are needing an owner to make things even, I might be interested. But as comissioner of another league, owner of a team in that league, and RAMS fan, I am not sure I would do it otherwise. But good luck!
    This space for rent...

itsguud is offline Registered User

I've been using ESPN Fantasy Football for my leagues. The only thing I would like to find is a keeper league... does anyone know a good site that hosts a keeper league?

Can't wait to get into this pool!!

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    EDM, first, I am not related to the website I am going to talk about at all, but my personal league has been using Fanball Commissioner (http://www.fanball.com/) for the last 4 or 5 years. I will admit, every year, the beginning of the season is a little rough, they offer the first couple weeks free as a trial. But it's mostly only an issue for those players that sit in front of their PC wanting instant stats. If you are the type to check in a handfull of times on Sunday, knowing it is going to be a bit busy, you will be fine. After those first couple weeks, I have not had any problems.

Commissioner gives you the option of configuring your league the way that you want. Ours is one division of eight teams. I am pretty sure I have seen two divisions with 16 team leagues. At $60 bucks for the year, I think it is worth it. Much better than Yahoo (free) or CBS ($120).

Just thought I would share it with you. If you are needing an owner to make things even, I might be interested. But as comissioner of another league, owner of a team in that league, and RAMS fan, I am not sure I would do it otherwise. But good luck!
    Thanks for the tips thoey - fanball.com is actually one of my favorite fantasy football sites and the first I tried out for a ClanRam league. The problem with most FF sites, including FanBall, is that you can only have one draft/player pool per league, even if they have divisions. With the size of our ClanRam league growing - expecting 30 teams this year - we need to have separate drafts or the rosters would end up way too thin and unbalanced. I'm sure nobody wants a 20- or 30-team draft. I also don't want to leave anybody out, so in order to avoid the sub-par quality of free leagues like Yahoo, I'd have to purchase separate leagues in order to fit all of our members in. I was amazed at the outrageous prices for most online leagues - such as CBS, like you mentioned - that charge over $100.

Luckily I played on a site last season (in a local FF league) that allows the commish to create separate conferences within the league, each with their own separate player pools and drafts. While it was a league where I had to pay an entry fee for my team, after some searching I found that the site itself only charges a flat fee for the whole league (no matter how many conferences or teams) and the team-by-team fee is only optional, so I can still keep it free for everyone here. That worked out nicely. The site (FanStar) is a little rough around the edges, but the commissioner of that local league I'm involved in is a good friend of mine and should be a nice resource for any problems, though it seemed to go pretty smoothly last year.

So, in other words, we are good to go! Again, I will wait until around training camp time to post a link for everyone to join up.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    If not, I still have a link to the league on my home computer, we'll see if I can still access the old rosters after I'm off work.
    FYI, the link wouldn't work, as Yahoo has deleted the league. Sorry, but it looks like we'll have to settle on co-champs for the 2006 ClanRam Cup.

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -06-18-2007 at 02:53 AM.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

EDM i remeber us having trouble communicating last year, but do remeber sending the lineups. To your exterior email adress and to your Pms. But who knows what happens around here with those sort of computery things?

Co-champs of 2006 sits well with me.

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Point me where i need to go.... Hopefully be in for the 2nd year...

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by JackieSlater View Post
    Point me where i need to go.... Hopefully be in for the 2nd year...
    Ditto here. I'll be joining.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast