the brent is offline Registered User

Fantasy pick: Alexander or Jackson?

I'm going with Jackson despite Alexander's proven fantasy record. I think S. Jackson is going to have a breakout year (If Martz lets him run) and he could be available in the later rounds.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Re: Fantasy pick: Alexander or Jackson?

I would take Alexander...if you want to win. Alexander is a fantasy machine. He racks up lots of yards and is a touchdown machine. Last year he rushed for 1696 yards and scored 20 TD's....Jackson will likely share time with Faulk and the Rams have a coach who is even more pass happy than Holmgren.

I know it is the Ram fan in you that wants to pick Jackson over Alexander, and I know I sound like a homer telling you to take Alexander over him...but you stand a better chance at winning every week with Alexander than you do with Jackson, IMO

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Get both. Take SA early and look for S.Jack in the later rounds.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thoey is offline Registered User

I wanted to keep both in our two keeper league, but ended up with SA and McGahee. I'll try to get SJ in a later round. But if I could only keep one, it would have to be SA. He is a one man Fantasy machine. As mentioned, Faulk isn't gone and will cut into SJ's totals a bit.

(Shouldn't this be in the Fantasy forum?)
    This space for rent...

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    I wanted to keep both in our two keeper league, but ended up with SA and McGahee. I'll try to get SJ in a later round. But if I could only keep one, it would have to be SA. He is a one man Fantasy machine. As mentioned, Faulk isn't gone and will cut into SJ's totals a bit.

(Shouldn't this be in the Fantasy forum?)
    Good call, thoey. Consider it done.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

the brent is offline Registered User

sorry, didnt look for a Fantasy forum - and i agree i think it is possible to get both depending on your league, alot of "fantasy experts", columnists, etc. are calling Jackson a strong sleeper

GameTime is offline Registered User

So called strong sleeper is only lasting till about the 3rd round in most mock drafts I have been doing. You wont get him in the Fourth round nor Lamont Jordan, two of the sleeper RB's. I wouldnt consider them sleepers. Everyone knows who they are, yet you may get 1st round production from a guy you pick in the 2nd or 3rd round.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Yeah, running backs usually are a hot commodity in the first few rounds of a draft...pick them up early, or get stuck with the left overs. They are guaranteed points.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    I would take Alexander...if you want to win. Alexander is a fantasy machine. He racks up lots of yards and is a touchdown machine. Last year he rushed for 1696 yards and scored 20 TD's....Jackson will likely share time with Faulk and the Rams have a coach who is even more pass happy than Holmgren.
    Well said, that was going to be my point.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

WisRamsFan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Alexander is easily an early 1st round pick. In a few mocks that I have done he has gone 2nd and always gone in the top 5.

Jackson is a 3rd rounder and second option at RB. Basically because he hasn't carried the bulk of the load for a 16 game season. I'm sure he will put up the numbers but the safe bet is Alexander and hoping to grab Jackson in the 3rd round before someone else does.