CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Need some advice for upcoming FF draft..

Who do you think will be starting RB's for the following teams?

Oakland Wheatley, Fargas, or

Buffalo Henry, McGahee, or

Detroit Gary, Jones, or

San Francisco Barlow, or

Cleveland Green, Suggs, or

Vickings Smith, Bennett, or

Tampa Garner, Pittman, or

Chicago Thomas, Jones, or

Pitt Staley, the Bus, or

Denver Griffin, Tubbs, or

Dallas George, Jones, or

So many questions at RB's I think it would be wise to draft a starting Rb in the 1st two rounds.......

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Need some advice for upcoming FF draft..

my opinion. and these I think are the starter by week 3!

Oakland Wheatley, Fargas, or--Fargas

Buffalo Henry, McGahee, or--McGahee

Detroit Gary, Jones, or--Jones

San Francisco Barlow, or--Barlow

Cleveland Green, Suggs, or--Suggs

Vickings Smith, Bennett, or--Bennett

Tampa Garner, Pittman, or--Garner

Chicago Thomas, Jones, or--Jones

Pitt Staley, the Bus, or--Staley

Denver Griffin, Tubbs, or--Tubbs

Dallas George, Jones, or --George

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

If I had to choose...

Oakland Raiders - Justin Fargas. They might go with the annoying runningback-by-committee approach, but if they want an every-down back, Fargas is their man.

Buffalo Bills - Travis Henry. But for how long? They'll both have to play if the Bills want any trade value.

Detroit Lions - Kevin Jones. The Lions didn't have a running game last season with Bryson, Pinner, or Gary, and with FB Cory Schlesinger clearing out space in front of him, Jones could be the big-play back the Lions sorely need in this young offense.

San Francisco ***** - Kevan Barlow. With Garrison Hearst finally moving on, Barlow has no competition at the position. After being called the best back in the '01 draft by Mike Shanahan and receiving a fat contract this offseason, he has a lot to play up to.

Cleveland Browns - Lee Suggs. With James Jackson injured, William Green suspended, and Jamel White in the doghouse, Suggs stepped up in the final two games of last season and registered 254 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 46 carries.

Minnesota Vikings - Michael Bennett. One of the fastest backs in the NFL, he fits right into the Vikings' offense. However, if he falls to injury once again, don't be surprised to see Onterrio Smith take his job. For good.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Charlie Garner. This aging back reunites with Chucky only to be inserted into another of the dreaded back-by-committee offenses. Jamel White could steal some carries and Mike Alstott returns from injury as the goal-line back.

Chicago Bears - Thomas Jones. He's buff and he's talented, but the Bears' young offense could take a while to get their confidence back after last season's horrific display.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Duce Staley. Not an exciting back, but he's reliable. Jerome Bettis will likely steal some carries, but he's on the downside of his career and won't threaten for the starting job.

Denver Broncos - Quentin Griffin. My favorite candidate for the job was Tatum "Taco" Bell before he fractured his finger right after finally signing with the team. It appears as though the starting position is now Griffin's to lose, but his durability and longevity as a full-time back is questionable.

Dallas Cowboys - Julius Jones. This will likely end up as yet another RBBC situation, but if one were to play every down, I'd take Jones over the washed-out, worn-down George any day.

DJRamFan Guest

Living in Western NY the McGahee-Henry issue is on the forefront EVERYDAY. I will say this, Henry is and will be the starter. They are implementing a new offense under Malarkey. McGahee just tore up the scrimmage with Cleveland with 4 TDs (but it's a scrimmage). I would say Henry is the starter, but his carries will be affected by McGahee.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by DJRamFan
    McGahee just tore up the scrimmage with Cleveland with 4 TDs (but it's a scrimmage)
    And he didn't exactly tear it up. It's a little overhyped - the TD runs were from the exact distances of 1, 2, 2, and 2 yards. Woohoo. :confused: