JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Openings in my NFL simulation league

Hiya guys.

Some of you are aware that apart from running the annual mock gambling competition i away from Clanram for 8-9 months of the year run my own Simulation league based on the NFL, called the UNFL, we are returning after our normal 3 months break/off-season, and for the first time in the league's history (5 years.. about to start the league's 6th year) i have 4-5 opening for a good, commited, honest person to take over the role of a team owner.

We use Dave Koch's software disc/program to run the game and season and there are 16 teams in the league however i find myself at this time having 11 guys/owners, hense a few openings.

We have our own forum in which the day-to day running of the league happens, we draft, trade and have FAs it's a salary capped league with rosters not exceeding 53 players.

The UNFL is a American football coaching simulation where players take the role of head coach and owner of a UNFL franchise. They draft rookies, trade stars and build teams to win the Bowl. This is a game where records last - a game with a strong sense of history, with career statistics which ensure that achievements live on. And a game where they matter, with a strong social element supported by online message boards and live events.

We have a steadt hearty bunch of committed guys who have been together for a good length of time, There is more to the UNFL than what is mentioned above.

The only thing it costs is YOUR TIME, and a little commitment to your team and the UNFL.No downloading programs, templates etc, everything is done through our own forum and the odd email mail shot with the odd attachment

If interested, PM me and/or reply to this post and i'll get back to you ASAP

Cheers
    Mark
    (Jackieslater)

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Re: Openings in my NFL simulation league

Hey JackieSlater

I am very interested in jioning. I've never played in a fantasy league like this.

I have a problem during California fire season , I can be away from a computer for a month at a time.
    Thats why I'm on the ClanRam at certain times of the year.Thats why I quit playing f-football about 8 years ago.

If you don't want me to play I will understand its hard to play and be competative when not around a comp.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Sounds Interesting, never played in a career type fantasy league. If your down to have someone from the South Pacific .. i'd be keen. seems like anything football, i can commit too, everything else is 50/50 lol. Just have the odd internet malfunction over here, being 3rd world and all.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Any Go on this front Jackie? Real keen if its still open.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Just wanted to bump up this thread since the league is once again looking for new owners. Any potential owner will have to be committed to the league and be prepared to put in the appropriate amount of time.

I want to emphasise this is not a fantasy league/dynasty league but a simulation league. Firstly you have a full roster of 53 NFL players of every position with a salary cap to manage. Games are decided by filling in gameforms where you decide how much you want to run or pass the ball and want formations to work out of and in what portion of the field you run them. You make similar decisions for the defense. A simulation is then run of the game and a play-by-play result comes out from which you can make adjustments for the next game. In the offseason there's free agency and a rookie draft!

It's great fun honestly, way more knowledge and skill required than fantasy football. So if you're intersted or want to know more than you can message Mark (JackieSlater) who runs the league.

Thanks.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Hey,

I have done Simulation leagues before. I have been part of an NFL a few years back but using Mogul Software.

I also have been part of Baseball Simulation using Baseball Mogul. I was in to that for a solid 4 years. Stopped everything regarding this 2-3 years ago. Would be interseted to get back into this!