throwback week

Thread: Rate my team

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Rate my team

Yesterday I particapated in a fantasty draft. The bad part about it was that the time of draft was during a time that I wasn't around. So I had to rank my players and hope for the best. So I was wondering if you guys could give me comments and suggestions to improve my team.

We need to start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def, 1 Defensive player, 1 DB, and one 1 DL

QB- J. Delhomme/ D. Bledsoe
    RB- L. Johnson/ W. Parker/ W. Dunn
    WR- S. Moss/ R. Wayne/ D. Driver
    TE- J. Shockey/ H. Miller
    K- J. Elam/ J. Wilkins
    Def- Pittsburg/ Baltimore
    Defensive player- M. Vrabel
    DB- E. Reed
    DL- S. Rogers

I was also looking at T. Bell/ J. Lewis/ J. Walker/ Ro. Smith/ M. Anderson/R. Lewis

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Rate my team

Wow Thats a good team. Larry Johnson-great choice.

rams#1 Guest

1 ram? that is not enough. you should trade reggie wayne and donald driver for torry holt and a 3rd reciever.

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Gee man, you say you had to pre-rank your players..!! man, you came off with a superb outstanding team, congrats

moklerman Guest

I think it's preferable to list some details about the league itself when asking one of these types of questions. Like, how many teams? Some kind of sampling of the scoring system, starters at each position, etc.

But, aside from that:

I'd start Bledsoe over Delhomme, Delhomme will put up solid numbers but Terrel Owens automatically adds 10-12 td's to his qb's production. Bledsoe had 23 last year without him. He'll be 30+ td's this year if TO doesn't meltdown again, which shouldn't be a problem his first year on a new team.

LJ's a lock(obviously), Parker's still gotta prove he can handle the starter's job but should be solid the first few games of the year. Dunn gives you great insurance/flexibility at the #2 rb spot. No worries at rb.

WR is where you're a little thin. Santana Moss will put up good, not great, numbers but will lose some balls to Cooley and Lloyd compared to last years production. Not really a guy I'd consider a #1 fantasy wr. Reggie Wayne will also put up good, although likely inconsistant, numbers. His end of the year stat's will look good but he won't be a guy you can count on week in and week out. Again, not a #1 FF WR. Driver is a crap shoot right now. Green Bay's got so many things going on that it's hard to say how it will affect Driver. With Driver likely becoming the go to guy for Favre again, he could have a big year. A good pick if you got him late. You won't be hurting at WR, but you could use a true #1.

Shockey's a little inconsistent with his hands, but Eli should continue to get better. If Plaxico can get his head focused on football and give Eli a legitimate threat on the outside that defenses have to guard against, Shockey will continue to be a top 5 TE. Once you get out of the elite TE's, Miller's as good as anyone to fill in on Shockey's bye.

Elam/Wilkins. There's really not a lot of difference between kickers as long as you don't have someone like Billy Cundiff. If you're a Rams fan, start Wilkins and give yourself more reason to root for the team.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are both good defenses as well. Just play the matchups. Baltimore is actually a good sleeper this year in my opinion. I feel that the offense will actually put some points on the board with McNair at qb and might actually have Baltimore "leading" on the scoreboard. Even though it's getting older, you don't want to give that defense a lead.

I don't play in leagues with individual defensive stat's so you're on your own there.

All in all, your WR corps is the only thing that could use some improvement. If Walker's just floating around on the waiver wire, pick him up and you've got both sides of the coin covered in Green Bay(I don't think they got rid of him yet and even if they do, he'll likely produce wherever he ends up). Tatum Bell is on the waiver wire? Grab him. He's likely going to be the starter in Denver which means 1,300 yards and 10 td's. Don't keep a backup K, TE and generally DEF. In your case, I'd probably hang on to Baltimore and Pittsburgh, but I'd definitely grab Bell and Walker and drop Miller and Elam(or Wilkins).

Hope this helps,
    Good Luck
    Last edited by moklerman; -07-16-2006 at 11:25 AM.

I just relized Ed Reed in your team!! Howd you get him? Hes like the best Safety in the whole game!!

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Well, some changes have happened so I figured I would give updates every so often. First of all, I purposed a trade to get Torry Holt for Reggie Wayne and Donald Driver. Figure I need more than just Wilkins on my team, to represent Rams nation. We changed to 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE. Also since some of you were asking for more details. It's a 6 team league. And we play head to head games. Not really sure of the points system at this point but I'll look into it for ya guys. Since I needed more people I added the following players

Rod Smith
    Mike Anderson
    Jamal Lewis
    Ray Lewis

T. Bell and J. Walker were picked up yesterday.

So any more additional comments and criticisms would be great.

Rod smith is getting old.... I think you need a younger guy at WR.... But i would of kept Reggie Wayne cause hes going to be a really good WR.

rams#1 Guest

Glad you took my advice and traded for torry holt.