Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will there be a fantasy football league this year?

So, if he were married, lived on the other side of the country, but drove a Ford, he'd have a shot?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Well I thought it was kinda funny Blitz, since I detected a hint of jealousy, from tx. At the very least, I would think a girl could use that to her advantage?

Just a suggestion Blitz...

Now there is no way that I am driving a Ford, but I think tx drives a Ford....HMMMM?

And on that note....just exactly what is wrong with a Chevy?

As Bob Seger would say:

Like a Rock...stand an arrow straight....Like a Rock....

Seems to fit right in with Hammerheads, if you ask me, but hey, what do I know, I drive a Chevy.

:smile:

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    So, if he were married, lived on the other side of the country, but drove a Ford, he'd have a shot?
    No LOL Driving a Ford is not important. That's just me being funny. Ya know Chevy and Ford... we just don't mix real well together.

The married thing is a problem for me. I don't go for married guys.
    UtterBlitz

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Well I thought it was kinda funny Blitz, since I detected a hint of jealousy, from tx. At the very least, I would think a girl could use that to her advantage?

....just exactly what is wrong with a Chevy?
    things that make you go hmmmmmm Perhaps there is a bit of jealously there from tx. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Nothing is wrong with a Chevy I guess. Camaros are cheap, and I usually think of them when I hear Chevy. Corvettes are nice. The first car I ever wanted was a vette. So I can't say I dislike all Chevys.

To be honest, my tastes run more exotic and european than Ford, but Mustangs are affordable and I have a lot of sentimental value in my mustang. I bought it off my little brother and we work on it together when he is around. I have spent a lot of time and effort making it a unique car in the last couple of years. It's part GT, part LX, and part Cobra now with some excellent new fiberglass pieces all covered up in a new coat of "laser red" paint. It's one of a kind. I like it.

How about those new Ford GTs? They are beautiful. Ford certainly has brought out some nice new cars this year. Top end stuff. I am impressed. Is Chevy going to design some new cars in response?

UtterBlitz

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Smile Re: Will there be a fantasy football league this year?

Blitz, I went to all that trouble and tried to embarrass you with some good natured teasing and you go and turn the tables on me with all this talk of HotRods....Go Figure?

Anyways, moving on to the same subject....What year is your 'stang? You know I used to own one of those. A '69 fastback. Man that thing was a lumber wagon.

It sounds like your mustang is very nice. You picked a great color. Red is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz
    Ford certainly has brought out some nice new cars this year. Top end stuff. I am impressed. Is Chevy going to design some new cars in response?
    They have brought out a few new ones. The C6 vette is out and that SSR is cool. That's about it, as far as I know. I agree about the FordGT. That is a cool car and it is very fast. However, at a $150,000 price tag, I think the ZO6 Vette at $55,000 is by far the better bang for the buck.

Talking Re: Will there be a fantasy football league this year?

Blitz, I went to all that trouble and tried to embarrass you with some good natured teasing and you go and turn the tables on me with all this talk of HotRods....Go Figure?

Anyways, moving on to the same subject....What year is your 'stang? You know I used to own one of those. A '69 fastback. Man that thing was a lumber wagon.

It sounds like your mustang is very nice. You picked a great color. Red is one of my favorites.
    Keep trying to embarrass me ferter. That's good fun. I have been working this act for a long time, but you may get me one of these days. :redface:

My 'stang is a 92. It's the boxier style. It's a convertable and it is still a stang, so forget great handling. Ford never fixed that problem. I should put in sub-frame connectors and new suspension stuff, and replace all the bushings, but even so, the handling would never be great.

The red is a deep red that is on the newer stangs. It's a triple coat with black metalic fleck in it. It turned out nice.
    They have brought out a few new ones. The C6 vette is out and that SSR is cool. That's about it, as far as I know. I agree about the FordGT. That is a cool car and it is very fast. However, at a $150,000 price tag, I think the ZO6 Vette at $55,000 is by far the better bang for the buck.
    The GT is pricey, but I still like them. One of the guys I work with is in a Corvette club and he has talked about the C6s. Sorry to say, but the new corvettes don't have aggressive enough styling for me. Sometimes I am so simple. I'll go for looks over performance. LOL.

UtterBlitz

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You dad gum right I'm jealous....utter rocks. she stayed up with the big boys at the bash. gotta hand it to her......

You rock utter, you know you are one of my favorites.....lol

Talking Re: Will there be a fantasy football league this year?

Thanks tx You make me smile. The Bash was a lot of fun and the late nite with you, Barry, 28Rulz, Ramantor, and the others was a boat load of fun.

UtterBlitz

DJRamFan Guest

WisRam, Congrats on the win...no one told me. Drop me a PM with your addy and I'll see if I can get you in with the big boys. I was commissioner last year since no one remembered who it was in Year 1 so I'll be continuing with that job unless there are objections.

I took addys from those that I could get last year and I'll send out an e-mail to those guys probably sometime this summer when the leagues start up. We have been on Yahoo the past two seasons, but I'm looking at possibly finding a place where we can split into divisions. I heard CBS does, but I'm not sure, any ideas, let me know. Of course it will be free.

For those that don't know, last year's champ was the most handsomest one in the league.....me with the future HOF-er Matt Hasselbeck at QB. I went wire to wire undefeated so you better bring your jock with ya this year (In all honesty, it was awkward winning and being the commish, but I'll assure you that it's straight up and honest. it's free so it's not like anyone will be winning money at the end.)

TX won the inaugural ClanRam Cup before it was brought to the Empire State.

One thing I'd like to do is maybe have some kind of cheesy "trophy" we can mail to each other when we win. I was searching my room and I'm gonna see if I can send something as a trophy to next year's winner (unless it stays with me). If that's cool or lame let me know.

I do like the whole idea of a "minor league" but that could be tough to manage.
    Last edited by DJRamFan; -06-13-2004 at 10:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12