throwback week

Thread: Alma Maters

DJRamFan Guest

Alma Maters

Ok, Division I-A is not the only college football so in that reason I am inviting people to talk about ALL football I-A through III. Feel free to talk about your alma mater or the college you currently attend (like me).

I'll get it started...I go to Slippery Rock University in PA (PSAC conference). We had four years with a stellar quarterback, but after he graduated, the two backups split time and needless to say it was a disappointment.

Our big rivals happen to be Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), who basically manhandled us this year after four years of our own domination...

Let's here about other schools...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Memphis State or now University of Memphis

Got to watch Ike play his Junior and Senior year at MSU, and his Senior year we had a really good team:

Beat Mississippi, Mississippi St, Arkansas, and Vandy (4-0 in the SEC) but struggled with teams like Cincinnati and East Carolina. Big rival game is with Ole Piss, Tennessee, and Louisville.

I have been at games where there were more people showing up for Tiger basketball than football.

DJRamFan Guest
    I thought i heard Memphis was getting screwed in illegal recruiting from outside - I guess all the Memphis HS players ended up going away. I think it was the Alabama controversy - the newest one i think.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Actually, Memphis benefited from that one. Lots of talent does come from that town, and the SEC feeds there. A kid came from Trezvant High I believe and went to Alabama. He got to Alabama because Bama gave the HS coach something like $20,000 and an Explorer. Maybe that isn't dollar accurate but the bribe was there. He then transferred to Memphis.

DaddoRam Guest
    I attended University of Central Oklahoma, an NCAA Division II school and alma mater of Keith Traylor of the Bears. But I was born in Stillwater and both my folks went to Oklahoma State, so the Cowboys are my top team.
    I'm currently enrolloed (even though I'm OLLLDDD) at the University of Missouri, and I follow the TIgers...unless they're playing OSU.