Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

CFN's Top 200 Players

http://collegefootballnews.com/2006/...ayers_1_50.htm

Steve Slaton, #16 as a true sophomore. Yeah, Mountaineers!

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: CFN's Top 200 Players

13. DE Adam Carriker, Sr., Nebraska
    After an average 2004 thanks to an ankle injury, the 6-6, 294-pound Carriker blossomed into an unstoppable pass rushing force. He wasn't just great at getting to the quarterback, he was rock-solid against the run and made play after player when he wasn't double teamed. He's looking stronger and quicker this season and should be in the mix for All-America honors.
    If we're picking where I think we'll be picking next draft, this kid is my choice. A pass rusher, in a run stopping body. There's probably 2 or 3 DEs that will go earlier, but I like this guy a lot.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    If we're picking where I think we'll be picking next draft, this kid is my choice. A pass rusher, in a run stopping body. There's probably 2 or 3 DEs that will go earlier, but I like this guy a lot.
    He's certainly a great prospect, but he's going to have to show me two things - (1) those ankle injuries are in the past and (2) he can maintain that level of production as a senior.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

20. QB Drew Tate, Sr. Iowa
    Tate cut down on his interceptions and improved his decision making by leaps and bounds from his sophomore year, and now he appears ready to make the jump to All-America status as a senior. He got better as last season went on finishing up by throwing for 351 yards and four touchdowns against Minnesota and 346 yards and three scores in the loss to Florida. He's a tough, gritty player who isn't afraid to throw his body around to try to get the tough yards, and he's great in the system. He should be among the nation's most efficient passers and on the preseason Big Ten Player of the Year short list.
    77. OG Mike Jones, Sr. Iowa
    Able to play tackle or guard, the 302-pound senior started last season at both tackle spots before settling in at left guard where he'll stay ... for now. He's an All-Big Ten caliber blocker no matter where he lines up.
    56. RB Albert Young, Jr. Iowa
    One of the nation's top unsung rushers, Young returned from a leg injury that cost him all of 2004 to run for eight 100-yard games while rushing for 1,002 yards in Iowa's eight Big Ten games. He blends decent power with tremendous speed and great hands. He has the ability to tear off yards in chunks, but his longest run last season was only 36 yards. Expect that to change. The scary part is that he's even faster after being a year removed from the injury.
    184. DE Ken Iwebema, Jr. Iowa
    111. S Marcus Paschal, Sr. Iowa

You definately aren't seeing me complain

DaddoRam Guest

This thing's a JOKE. If there are 193 college football players better than D'Juan Woods, I'm the Easter Bunny. This might be better described as the 200 best known, most popular, most hyped players. Look at the top 20 and the schools there, is it really likely that ALL the best players ALL are at Oklahoma, Notre Dame, USC, and that nobody who is any good would be at a smaller school? Most of them at big name schools? Yeah. ALL of them? No way. They do get points for noticing Mississippi's Willis, one of the few players off non"Name" schools to be rated that high.