View Poll Results: Who makes it to the Championship game?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michigan State

2 50.00%
  • Connecticut

1 25.00%
  • North Carolina

3 75.00%
  • Villanova

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Final Four

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Final Four

Who makes it to the Championship game?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Final Four

UNC....oh have I mentioned that Tyler Hansbrough is from my hometown of Poplar Bluff, MO

A-Web is offline Registered User

I honestly have to vote Michigan State and Nova. One, I love the underdog. Two, these two teams have played out of their minds through the tournament this far, and have been performing and beating out #1 seeds. Besides that, I think that game would probably provide the most entertainment.

When was the last time a NCAA Championship game didn't have a #1 Seed in it?

(Note: I do not know the answer to that question at the time of posting, but I am very curious to find out, and what the outcome of the game was)

Alright Tyler. What a fitting way for such a humble young man to go out. You want to look for a role model? #50 embraces it. Always has.

From one Poplar Bluffian to another, couldn't be more proud young man. Way to go.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Alright Tyler. What a fitting way for such a humble young man to go out. You want to look for a role model? #50 embraces it. Always has.

From one Poplar Bluffian to another, couldn't be more proud young man. Way to go.
    I'm not a UNC fan and Hasbrough reminds me too much of Danny Ferry, but I do think he's a good kid and one of those players who gets the job done game in, game out without looking spectacular. Just when you think he's had a quiet game and not done much, he ends up with 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 steals. I think he'll do well at the next level, although I don't see him performing in the NBA like he did in the college ranks. Right now though, he deserves all the credit in the world.

As far as the championship goes, it was disappointing to see Michigan State roll over and not play like they did getting to the final. Of course North Carolina had something to do with that and showed that they were far and away the best team. They were scary good.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

After hearing on ESPN that UNC had beaten MSU earlier in the season by a large number I decided not to watch 1 second of the game.

I instead watched the Astros and Cubs and then the Angels and A's opening season games. Of course I saw the UNC vs MSU score scrolling across the bottom of my television screen.

Just a nugget. My mom is 83 years old. When Tyler is in Poplar Bluff, there are only so many places to go out and eat. When he sees my mom, he always goes over and says hello or opens the door for her or just makes her smile.

Tyler is a great college basketball player, but a better person.

A-Web is offline Registered User

If that is entirely factual about Tyler, than it just adds to the quality of some of the atheletes growing up these days. It is not required that you lead a good life with good morals, but it does make people stand out amongst others. To this date, I have, aside from community service and charity, heard lots of great things from a couple of atheletes in the sports world. From everything Tebow did (yes some people are tired of hearing it) and does, he is a great guy, to Tony Romo asking a random homeless person to go to a movie with him. Just to give a less fortunate person a normal night out that all of us could enjoy any time we wanted. Now we have Tyler, who exemplifies everything a basketball player should be like on the court, with his effort and selflessness, to his off the court additions to society.

These are the things that make me feel better about the future in the U.S.A. Not the government and our elected officials who do what they are told to, but the youth and people in the spotlight that do the right thing, whether it is expected or not, when so many others are being greedy and making mistakes that hurt their reputation. These people realize that they are in the eye of the public, and take it upon themselves to be that role model that they are going to be, whether they like it or not.

I feel better thinking that anyone would do something like that. I handle and work with many elderly people in my work, and am constantly doing things to help out. As much as I would do that as a normal person, it is also part of what I do as my job. For a person to go out of their way to help out is always an admirable thing. And as the final four and championship game are over, I feel this reply is not in any way off topic.

Trust me, it's entirely factual. I've known his family all my life. His father Gene and my brother grew up together. Gene would jerk a knot in Tyler and Ben's tail if they didn't act right.