Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Florida Gators @ Tennessee Vols

Here are a couple interesting articles summarizing how important this game is to each of these SEC powerhouses. So, who's going to win?

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida quarterback Chris Leak went nearly an entire game without saying a word. And he wasn't giving anyone the silent treatment.

Leak and the seventh-ranked Gators (2-0) used their lopsided victory over Central Florida on Saturday to prepare for next week's key Southeastern Conference matchup at Tennessee. They operated the whole game using silent cadence -- hoping to be more ready for the raucous crowd at Neyland Stadium -- and played stretches with the no-huddle offense.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fulmer: Injured Harrell to play against Florida, then have season-ending surgery

September 13, 2006

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee defensive tackle Justin Harrell will play Saturday against No. 7 Florida with a ruptured biceps tendon, putting off season-ending surgery for at least another week.

The Florida game will be Harrell's last at Tennessee, coach Phillip Fulmer said Wednesday.

"I don't know whether he'll get five snaps or 50 snaps, but he's going to be able to play," the coach said. "And this is a one-game deal. He has to have the surgery because if it goes longer than a couple of weeks, the muscle starts to atrophy."

Harrell ruptured a biceps tendon last week in the No. 13 Volunteers' win over Air Force. Head athletic trainer Jason McVeigh said earlier this week Harrell would have to have surgery and would not play the rest of the season.

"Justin Harrell came to us and said, 'Coach, I feel like I can play,"' Fulmer said.

Doctors said Harrell cannot make the injury worse. Harrell is not in pain, Fulmer said.

Harrell and cornerback Inky Johnson, who was released from the hospital on Wednesday, were injured in the same game. Johnson also was ruled out for the season with a severe injury to his upper right extremity that required surgery to repair blood vessels.

The loss of Harrell was significant because of the Vols' lack of depth among the tackles. He was the only returning starter on the defensive line and passed up a chance to enter the NFL draft a year early.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Florida Gators @ Tennessee Vols

I've got my money on Florida, since I was born in Gainesville.

Another great SEC matchup this weekend in LSU/Auburn. I'm glad WVU got their weekly highlight extravaganza out of the way on Thursday so I can sit at home and watch some good games on Saturday.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Re: Florida Gators @ Tennessee Vols

Nick, WVU is looking great still. You were right on Florida, btw. Urban Meyer is now 2-0 vs. the Vols and is the first Florida coach to do that since the mid '80s. I just hope Louisville can win these next few games without Brohm setting up the big Nov. 2 showdown.