fearlessone is offline Registered User

How 'BOUT those Bayou Bengal Tigers, AV?

LSU 40

Miami of Miami 3.

What a way to say goodbye to a horrific year with a sweet victory over a bunch of hoodlums. LOL

My Tigers have played poorly all year but kept my spirits up with their ability to win as My Rams have had a trying season and a bad year as so many of my friends, family and colleagues and members of my community.

Thanks ClanRam and may every Clannie have a Super Prosperous 2006!

FLO of NO,

A DIEHARD RAMS FAN!

Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: How 'BOUT those Bayou Bengal Tigers, AV?

Oh well, I guess the Canes will have to think back at all those national titles they have won since the 80s to keep them warm.

SFCRamFan Guest

That was a great game. Nice for the bayou to have something to celebrate about after the year that its residents have had. How fitting for them to put a whooping on the 'Canes after the destruction that the hurricane had on them.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Oh well, I guess the Canes will have to think back at all those national titles they have won since the 80s to keep them warm.
    Yea, but 40-3??? And how in the world did RBU only manage 53 yards rushing? This was nothing more than a good old fashion butt kicking. It's going to take more than some national titles to forget about this one. OUCH!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

That was a horrible showing for Miami. And then not surprisingly, they get involved in a fight afterwards.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Yea, but 40-3??? And how in the world did RBU only manage 53 yards rushing? This was nothing more than a good old fashion butt kicking. It's going to take more than some national titles to forget about this one. OUCH!!
    Actually, you don't understand how Canes fans think. Canes fans expect to win the National Title every year. In a season like this, when the team loses 3 games, nobody really cares about the 3rd loss because the National Title was already beyond reach.

Cane fans will remember how they were robbed against Ohio State forever.

This loss... not so much.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Re: Update on the LSU & 'canes tunnel fight

Form a message board:

Did anyone hear Whitworth interview on WAFB last night? (Posted on 1/1 at 6:24 a.m.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it has been discussed but I scanned the board and didn't see it.

Anyway, he was pretty frank about what started the fight. He said the Miami players have been starting crap since the day before. He said they went to the pregame banquet and Miami players had smashed all the LSU helmets on tables. Also that during pregame they went on LSU side of the field and was yelling obscenities at LSU players and then they did some dance on the midfield right next to them. He said that we were already motivated and that even made us more. He said Miami likes to punch people in the mouth but doesn't like it too much when someone isn't scared and punches back. You could tell by the way they gave up.

So to everyone complaining about the fake punt and especially Miami fans talking about "class"

The LSU team was out to prove a point. Man I love a team that plays tough football and doesn't let teams like Miami get in their heads.

But one would think the 2003 BCS championship trophy and title is probably a little warmer in Baton Rouge than the ones from the 80's in Miami.

Personally, I like the linebackers from Miami more than their RB's from RBU. That kid on the Chargers would be an excellent addition to the Rams D although they played like lions last nite and looked really good for a change.

Happy New Year!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

I'm really not the typical Canes fan, to tell you the truth. I didn't go there as an undergrad, and in Law School, you don't get into the school spirit thing all that much. The only game I ever went to was the last meeting against Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl.

The thing that bugs me is that the average Canes fan views a 3 loss season as a reason to try to run a good coach like Larry Coker out of town.

Actually, you don't understand how Canes fans think. Canes fans expect to win the National Title every year. In a season like this, when the team loses 3 games, nobody really cares about the 3rd loss because the National Title was already beyond reach.

Cane fans will remember how they were robbed against Ohio State forever.

This loss... not so much.
    40-3. No big deal since a national championship wasn't on the line. OK, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    40-3. No big deal since a national championship wasn't on the line. OK, I understand.
    I didn't say it was right. I'm just saying, that's how Canes fans think.

I didn't say it was right. I'm just saying, that's how Canes fans think.
    No problem. I guess as long as the Canes can curl up in the corner with all those national titles they have won since the 80s to keep them warm, life is good.