Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: The Official "WVU" Thread

I must admit I'm a little disappointed in the outcome as I was really looking forward to WV making a run at the title and testing the BCS. Now I guess I'll have to jump on the Louisville bandwagon.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Thanks Nick, I am obviously very happy with the outcome of this game and truly feel sorry for WVU. They are a great team and I am happy that Louisville was able to contain WVU O enough to win the game. We need to beat Rutgers next Thurs to stake our claim on the chance to get beat down by Ohio St.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Nick,

I know you had some high hopes and I was a closet WV fan after last season's bowl games but like my team, we will have to wait until next year.

Being a fan of the SEC it is really hard for me to get into the BCS as we beat the cr&( out of each other every week and year.

Good Luck,

FLO

I hope the LSU Tigers and our RAMS have and enjoy a better fate this weekend!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

thoey is offline Registered User

*** Disclaimor - If this should be another thread, let me know before you delete it and I'll cut and paste. Yeah, I'm lazy. ***

First, congrats to Louisville. Both teams looked good except for the fumbles. Over 1000 yards of offense in the game. Wow!

Now it gets interesting. Let's say Louisville gets beat by Rutgers. Not too much of a stretch, as a let down after a tough game like this is not unheard of.

Now, let's look at the big game of the year. #2 Michigan at #1 OSU. What if Michigan goes in to the Horseshoe and sneaks away with a victory? Michigan should become #1. OSU is so far in front in the polls now, I can't see them dropping below #2.

So, who plays for the championship? I say the Wolverines and Buckeyes should play again. But, then, poor undefeated Rutgers...

Can you imagine if they put Rutgers against either Michigan or OSU?

:x
    This space for rent...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Through three quarters, Slaton today against Cincinnati accumulated 148 yards on 12 carries with two touchdowns. Just another day at the office as the Mountaineers rebound with an impressive win against the Bearcats.

On a side note, Owen Schmitt had a pretty bad looking knee injury, but early word is that it might not be as bad as it looked.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Let's be frank - WVU dominated Pitt out of the gates in the second half and came away with an important Big East win.

Steve Slaton, 23 carries for 215 yards, 6 receptions for 130 yards, four total touchdowns. Go pick out your suit for the Heisman ceremony, young man. You may not win, but you certainly belong there.

Pat White, 10/15 for 195 and two touchs through the air, and 23 carries for 219 and two touchs on the ground. And to top it all off, meowing to the camera on the sideline. Friggin' classic! MEOOOW!!

And give credit where credit is due - the much criticized WVU defense came out after halftime and got the job done! No second half points for Pitt after an explosive first half.

Nervous first half of football, but WVU pulls away handily in the second half. GO 'EERS!!!

Great game. WV has got to be the most exciting team in the Nation. Without a doubt, Slaton has to get Heisman consideration. I can only imagine what could have been had he been able to play the entire game against Louisville.

So yeah, the USF game was friggin' ridiculous. The line was not playing well, and even though South Florida boasted a fast defense that wasn't giving on the outside option run by Slaton, Rich Rod kept trying to make it work out of dumb pride. No adjustments to what we were seeing on the field. Very disappointed in the Mountaineers after this weekend, but I'm hoping for a win against Rutgers which is still possible.

Nick, I certainly hope that WVU can get the big home win vs. Rutgers to give Louisville the Big East title and automatic BCS bid. If WVU wins, I figure they will play Oregon State in a very exciting bowl game. Good luck.

I'll be there cheering them on, but if the Rutgers defense plays as well as the USF defense did last weekend - and if our offense refuses to adjust and play up to their level like they did in the last game as well - it's going to be a long night.

It sounds like Pat White's sprained ankle will be ready to go, and I hope he is in top form for ur and my sake. Looks like Brian Brohm will be back for Louisville as well next year.

No Pat White tonite, but this has been a great game. OT right now. Go WVU!

Great game as usual when WV is involved, but they caught a HUGE break when Slaton's fumble close to their own goal line wasn't called a fumble.

I still wonder what could have been if White and Slaton were completely heathy all year. Still a very good run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT View Post
    No Pat White tonite
    Yup, apparently no one knew he wasn't going to start until a few minutes before the game when Jarrett Brown was told to start warming up with center Dan Mozes.

Having just returned to the game, here are my thoughts...

1) COLD!!! 30 degrees upon arrival and departure. Yikes.

2) Jarrett Brown!! Talk about manning up and getting the job done when called upon. Brown's always had me excited since we got him out of Florida, and he's looked decent when put into games thus far this season, but way to lead your team in the clutch, young man!

3) Steve Slaton against Rutgers' top defense - 149 total yards and two touchdowns. Nearly five yards per carry on the ground. This without the threat of Pat White commanding some attention, as well. That's how you do it in the big game.

4) Brandon Myles, talk about making the clutch catch when needed. Two huge receptions in the overtime periods - one to the one yard line and one for a touchdown. Nice job for his last game in Morgantown.

5) The defense - UGH!! God help us in the Gator Bowl against Calvin Johnson, because these guys can't cover anyone. How Larry Williams still has a scholarship, I have no idea. Leave it to the WVU secondary and soft zone coverages to give Mike Teel a career night through the air.

Overall though, amazing game. One of the best I've seen this season. LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

UofL17 is offline Registered User

I want to thank the EERs and Jarrette Brown for a great effort. You are a good WVU fan and i have came in contact with others. Every fan base has a few bad eggs. I wish you guys luck against Georgia Tech. We will tag team and beat up on the ACC!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast