throwback week

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Oklahoma @ Oregon

For any Duck fan that may be out there.....please do the right thing and send the officiating crew and the review booth something nice for Christmas. Because they handed you that game.

There was no pass interference since the DE tipped and I still have no idea what the crew was looking at when they said there was no tip. Shockingly bad way to end what was otherwise a good game. Oklahoma outplayed Oregon and deserve the W.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Re: Oklahoma @ Oregon

That was a heck of an ending with Oregon down 13 with just a couple minutes left.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

According to ESPN, those officials have now been suspended.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The Pacific-10 Conference suspended for one game the officiating crew and the instant replay officials that worked Saturday's Oklahoma-Oregon football game after finding mistakes were made in calls near the end of the contest.
    So did the Pac-10 give the officiating crew a pat on the back to go along with the slap on the wrist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Stoops
    They had an opportunity to get it right and they chose not to.
    He's exactly right. This wasn't a split-second decision. Three separate mistakes, all reviewed on video, and the Pac-10 crew STILL didn't get any of them right. That's not just an error, that's a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by UofO President
    I also hope this situation will lead the Pac-10 to change their policy of requiring that only officials of the Pac-10 officiate the home games of Pac-10 universities when they are hosting a non-conference opponent."
    This is one of the reasons I can't stand the Pac-10. Most non-conference games are officiated by the visiting conference crew....not all, but most. Yet, the Pac-10 requires a Pac-10 crew. Come on, that's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac-10 Commish
    "Officiating on the field is much more difficult than it appears from the stands, and certainly when watching repeated replays," Hansen said. "Plays occur at a high rate of speed. Decisions on the field must be made instantaneously. The training and experience of officials at this level enable them to work at a high degree of accuracy. Unfortunately, at the critical moment of this game errors were made."
    You've got to be kidding! Officiating is MORE difficult when watching replays??? No, it's not. It's easier, that's the whole purpose of the replays. The crew screws up on the field (which they did big time) and the booth corrects it. That's the way it works. You're fooling only yourself, commish.

Not that I'm a huge Oklahoma fan, but I am a college football fan, and as such, I want to see the game decided by the 22 guys in jerseys, not the zebras on and off the field. In the end, Oregon has an extra win and Oklahoma has an extra loss.......neither of which are deserved nor earned. And there's not a thing that is going to be done about it. In the world of college football where every game matters, THAT is the true shame of it all.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod