LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Predictions for the big Bowl

I say number one Ohio state taking on by then #2 USC. Yes I know Usc is a big question but I have to pick them. Just like I would pick the Rams as my super bowl team every time its part of man law.

LET'S GO DODGERS

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Predictions for the big Bowl

I don't know Notre Dame and West Virginia come to mind.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Early on I predict a rematch of Notre Dame vs Ohio State. Still early thought so who knows who will climb atop those wacky BCS rankings.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I think Notre Dame's schedule is too brutal for them to finish with a good enough record to get into the National title game.

I also am fairly certain that Ohio State will win every single one of their games.

Both those things being said, I am still unsure as to who they will face in the BCS championship game. Going into the season, I picked LSU or Auburn so I will have to make my pick soon.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

One need not worry about Notre Dame and possibly LSU if a team can get in with one loss anything is possible. If LSU fades away after a heartbreaking loss than it looks like Ohio State and Auburn or usc.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Ohio State has a cake-walk until Michigan comes to town at the end of the year. They get past UM, and they're going to the dance. As for their opposition, Auburn has a tough road to hold though they did slip over their first big hurdle this weekend. West Virginia's and Louisville's only chance at a loss is against each other, so the winner of that game could be in the finals. And then there's USC, the only serious team in the Pac-10. If they beat Notre Dame in LA, the rest of the schedule is all conference games, which for any other conference would bring in some competition......except in the Pac-10.

So, I'll go with Ohio St. and USC.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Why is it the Pac 10 will never get any respect. Oregon should have lost yes I agree still it was too a tough team and was a close game. Ucla well I will not say anything good about them but they are tough. Then CAl And AZ state thats 5 teams that are in the the top 30 of college teams and the division just sucks?Not to mention USC will be a contendor again. Its crap Im sorry it really is.USC also has the second most players in the NFL hall of fame.That conference has produced some great ballers. USC alone should earn that conference some respect. I know though us CA boys just dont know how to play football. LOL
    LET'S GO DODGERS

hoosierdaddy is offline Registered User

OSU and West Virginia

Of course, with Ohio State coming away with the victory.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    Why is it the Pac 10 will never get any respect. Oregon should have lost yes I agree still it was too a tough team and was a close game. Ucla well I will not say anything good about them but they are tough. Then CAl And AZ state thats 5 teams that are in the the top 30 of college teams and the division just sucks?Not to mention USC will be a contendor again. Its crap Im sorry it really is.USC also has the second most players in the NFL hall of fame.That conference has produced some great ballers. USC alone should earn that conference some respect. I know though us CA boys just dont know how to play football. LOL

Because no one has a deffense and everyone other than the teams you mentioned are really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    Why is it the Pac 10 will never get any respect.
    As you said, USC is a great team, a national contender no doubt. But any other team in the Pac-10 would be just another team in the other majors (SEC, Big 10, Big 12, ACC, maybe even Big East). I just don't think the conference deserves the attention they garner. But without the Pac-10, what west coast college football would there be?......Mountain West? WAC? Big Sky? Nobody's going to pay attention to them, but there has to be some west coast football to cover, so the Pac-10 gets the recognition beyond their play.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

so the Pac-10 gets the recognition beyond their play.
    The PAc-10 is a whole lot better then people give them credit for. Oregon will continue to compete with top ranked teams and USC will continue its dominance. Cal is a team that will put up some points and might crack the top 15 by the end of the season. These teams all play each other extremely hard and they have all tested USC in the last couple years.That has proven not to be an easy task. After USC demolished Oklahoma, which acording to college fans on this board would never happen, they met a worthy opponent from another conference in Texas and the longhorns prevailed with a last minute victory.Before that the only real test were Notre Dame and Pac-10 teams.Again though alot of people were saying USC would not have a chance in the Texas game.USC proved that day that they belonged in that bowl 2 more inches and that game was theirs.

People just dont want to like Californians period. We are good looking,there is enough pretty girls here that even the ugly guys find hotties, we can snowboard and then 2 hours later be catching the sunset at the beach, when its cold and rainy the sun will come out and give us a week of low 80 degree temperature in febuary, We stole two baseball teams from New York, our vagrants wear Gucci and have cell phones,(alright Im reaching). Anyways I really do feel the Pac-10 get a bad rap but thats college football people either love you or hate you.

P.S. I do hope that this is taken as a light hearted post. Last time I tried to joke about college football I got a negative reputation from a fan that was just pissed that his team could not compete with USC.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

The PAc-10 is a whole lot better then people give them credit for.
    That is impossible. The ESPN-types gush all over the Pac-10, which as I stated earlier, is because they have to appeal to their West Coast viewership, and the Pac-10 is the only game in town.

Now, I will repeat....USC is a great team, a national contender, no question. However, they are the only noteworthy team in the Pac-10. Any other team would be middle of the road if placed in any of the other major conferences.
    Oregon will continue to compete with top ranked teams
    When are they going to start competing with top ranked teams? They have wins over Stanford and Fresno State and, of course, the notorious Oklahoma game handed to them by the Pac-10 crew that has since become a national joke. But Oregon is probably the #2 team in the Pac-10 and will probably go 11-1 assuming they can squeak by the mighty Portland State.
    Cal is a team that will put up some points and might crack the top 15 by the end of the season.
    Cal will put up points, and give up just as many. They've played one contender this year (Tennessee) and got thumped. Yet, Cal is probably the #3 team in the Pac-10 and with just the conference schedule ahead, they could very well go 9-3.

USC aside, I just can't take the Pac-10 seriously as a major conference.
    I do hope that this is taken as a light hearted post.
    Oh yea, absolutely. The NFL is a business, but the NCAA should just be about kids playing a game..........theoritically anyway.
    Last time I tried to joke about college football I got a negative reputation from a fan that was just pissed that his team could not compete with USC.
    You ain't whistlin' Dixie. People get fired up about their college football. I made a business trip to Knoxville one time, and couldn't believe the amount of orange in that town. Even the McDonald's is orange!

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That is impossible. The ESPN-types gush all over the Pac-10, which as I stated earlier, is because they have to appeal to their West Coast viewership, and the Pac-10 is the only game in town.

Now, I will repeat....USC is a great team, a national contender, no question. However, they are the only noteworthy team in the Pac-10. Any other team would be middle of the road if placed in any of the other major conferences. When are they going to start competing with top ranked teams? They have wins over Stanford and Fresno State and, of course, the notorious Oklahoma game handed to them by the Pac-10 crew that has since become a national joke. But Oregon is probably the #2 team in the Pac-10 and will probably go 11-1 assuming they can squeak by the mighty Portland State. Cal will put up points, and give up just as many. They've played one contender this year (Tennessee) and got thumped. Yet, Cal is probably the #3 team in the Pac-10 and with just the conference schedule ahead, they could very well go 9-3.

USC aside, I just can't take the Pac-10 seriously as a major conference. Oh yea, absolutely. The NFL is a business, but the NCAA should just be about kids playing a game..........theoritically anyway. You ain't whistlin' Dixie. People get fired up about their college football. I made a business trip to Knoxville one time, and couldn't believe the amount of orange in that town. Even the McDonald's is orange!
    Awesome post HUbison!

PLLLEeeeezzzz, the slack-10 gets too much hype even when sc' was awesome, i.e. the espn salutes to them dominated the texas tributes possibly 10-1 and that alone may have had texas fired up to another level. thanks espn.

sc is good but not great this year thanks to FA,lol, yet they still are overranked in all polls. Why? They played one decent team, that has sinced played very well, ARkansas, which they dominated and yet they have lost or played to the level of the competition of really bad and unranked teams in too many games this season which were not decided until the last series.

At this point, I would not mind seeing a rematch of the Ohio S and Mich matchup as the SEC gets no credibility from the BCS yet all the significant polls has at least 5 to 6 teams in the SEC in the top 20 with usually 3 teams in the top 12 that actually play each other every weekend.

Strength of schedule obviuosly means nothing to those kooks as they actually think the likes of Stoops and Carroll actually play a tough schedule.

Sorry sc but three tough games a season deserves no respect. Cal, nd and arkansas are not enough to defend a strength of sched. issue.

But even with their lack of scheduling in 2004 sc was the best. Plain and simple.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Right now i have to say it will be Michigan(after they BEAT Ohio State) VS some other team... It doesnt matter who cause MICHIGAN IS GONNA WIN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USC go's undefeated and Michigan loses to Ohio State then USC go's to the championship. I really do not know If USC can go undefeated the rest of the way though. Its a big IF. Anyways the two best teams in the country play this weekend hopefully they both end up in the BCS Championship. As much as I am a USC fan If Michigans or Ohio states only loss is vs each other then they should play for the national Crown. I really do not think there is any team out there besides one another that could take either down.
    LET'S GO DODGERS