Samford will travel to Waco, Texas, on Septmber 10 to take on Baylor

Dec. 9, 2004

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Samford University football team will play at Baylor University for the second game of the 2005 season, director of athletics Bob Roller announced on Thursday.

"We are glad to get our I-A game solidified," Samford head coach Bill Gray said. "It is a game we need for budgeting purposes. It is also a chance to play a Big 12 team, and for our guys to get a taste of football at the I-A level."

Samford and Baylor will meet on September 10, in Waco, Texas. The teams will be meeting for just the second time. The Bulldogs played at Baylor for the second game of the 2002 season, with Baylor defeating Samford, 50-12, on September 7, 2002.

The game will be Samford's 10th against a I-A opponent since moving to Division I-AA in 1988. Samford has played Auburn (1992 and 1993), Southern Mississippi (1994), UCF (1996 and 1997), North Texas (2000), Baylor (2002), San Diego State (2003) and Georgia Tech (2004).

In addition to the Baylor game and other non-conference games, Samford will play its normal eight-game Ohio Valley Conference schedule. Kickoff time for the game at Baylor will be set at a later date.