Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Texas or USC?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Texas or USC?

With the third overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Vince Young, QB, University of Texas.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    One I never made that claim.

Two I am just tired of all these haters who are not even fans of the Texans opening their mouths to discredit USC. Regardless of what anybody thinks of their schedule they also have beaten the big teams in the Bowls. Say weak schedule all you want, at that level of competition going undefeated for 3 seasons is incredible.
    You responded to my questioning of SC as the greatest team ever, so you didn't make the claim, but you defended it.

I do hate SC, but does that mean I can't have an opinion of how they have played this year? I thought they were vulnerable, and as it turns out, they were.

In the end, SC had no answer for Vince Young, and Texas was able to contain Reggie Bush. Texas was the better team in the clutch, and deserved to be national champions. HOOKED EM.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -01-05-2006 at 04:24 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Texas was able to contain Reggie Bush
    Is 174 yards on 19 touches (9.15 yards per touch) with a touchdown really containing Reggie Bush though? I guess you could make the case that they did since Bush didn't have a Fresno State or UCLA kind of game, but I think he still got his numbers, and probably would have had more work had the north/south game with LenDale White not been producing so much.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Well then you've missed him being in on a number of good tackles, including a nice open field tackle on Dominique Byrd to save a first down.
    That was a thing of beauty. Whenever a 200 lb DB can bring down a 270 TE in the open field, I have to raise a glass to them.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Is 174 yards on 19 touches (9.15 yards per touch) with a touchdown really containing Reggie Bush though? I guess you could make the case that they did since Bush didn't have a Fresno State or UCLA kind of game, but I think he still got his numbers, and probably would have had more work had the north/south game with LenDale White not been producing so much.
    I'll agree Bush got his numbers, but Texas kept him from really taking over the game and dominating with huge chunks of yardage on a consistant basis. So many times this year he single handedly destoyed and demoralized the opposition by running rough shod over anyone in his way, but Texas was able to slow him down and keep him from being the determining factor. Still a great effort by a great back.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

The only thing I ever questioned is the easy schedule BS. Which was part of your argument. To imply that a team go's undefeted for 3 seasons merely because of their schedule is ridiculous. USC had an incredible run that few teams in college history have or will rival. They have become a part of college history.

And yes the horns deserve credit for defeating USC. Young is the man.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    The only thing I ever questioned is the easy schedule BS. Which was part of your argument. To imply that a team go's undefeted for 3 seasons merely because of their schedule is ridiculous. USC had an incredible run that few teams in college history have or will rival. They have become a part of college history.

And yes the horns deserve credit for defeating USC. Young is the man.
    I only questioned some tough wins against mediocre competition, not the stength of their schedule. To me, it showed that SC was not unbeatable and would not dominate Texas.

You're absolutely right that SC had an amazing run that was one of the best ever. They were great champions and have nothing to be ashamed of. I'm a die hard UCLA fan, so there is obviously no love lost when it comes to SC, but there is also no denying the greatness they exhibited the last three years. Against Texas, they fought like champions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345