Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

USC is simply the best

Sorry boys but why even watch this year. USC will be national champs no matter what team they play in the final game.

LET'S GO DODGERS

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: USC is simply the best

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    Sorry boys but why even watch this year. USC will be national champs no matter what team they play in the final game.
    If by national champs, the nation you're refering to is the Republic of California...then yea, they're national champs. But if you mean the entire U.S., then the national championship will be decided when either Oklahoma or Auburn is chosen to play in the game. Once that decision is made, they will be the national champion, the game against USC is simply a matter of procedure.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HEEE....HAHAHAHA.....HOOO...HMMMM...haha.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... AUBURN, OKLAHOMA OH THATS RICH.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. BTW what do you call 32 women from oklahoma??? A full set of teeth. HAHAHA
    LET'S GO DODGERS

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'll put Auburn up against anyone in the nation this year. That defense is as good a college defense as I have ever seen.

My money is on Oklahoma. It's not far-fetched to see Auburn as national champs, either. But one thing is for sure, when the smoke clears at the end of the season, USC will not be the national champion.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

To be quite honest I think Auburn matches up well with USC. Oklahoma I think will be crushed if they play either team.
    USC will not be the national champion.
    Some people said the Rams would not be Super Bowl champs in 99. Like that twist I threw in since we are all Rams fans you cant really talk to much ****e. HEHEHE
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Quote Originally Posted by LRFLT
    Some people said the Rams would not be Super Bowl champs in 99. Like that twist I threw in since we are all Rams fans you cant really talk to much
    Ah, that's below the belt. :redface:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Your killing me with the USC Crap! They will be demolished by Oklahoma hands down. Why they are still ranked #1 is amazing. USC is not even in the top thirty in toughness of schedule. OU is #4. Auburn is #24 so I can't see Auburn moving past OU If OU doesn't lose to Baylor or in the Big 12 champ game. So it should be OU and the lesser USC.And OU will dominate them up and down the field. the pack 10 is a joke. And I live in SO.Cal!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

fearlessone is offline Registered User

PLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE!

I hate Auburn, but you can't agrue with a SEC schedule but apparently the dinks on the east and west coasts can. Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU were played when each team was in the top ten at the time and are in the top 15 presently.

CAL? or any "tough" team that OU has played are jokes in comparison IMHO to the schedule that Auburn has played. Why they are not given an obvious upgrade on stength of schedule smells of yankey conspiracy led by dunces.

Tex, the 2003 LSU defense was better! See the Auburn v LSU game this year? That's D! The noncall interception with less tahn two minutes and the late FLAG AFTER THE MISSED PAT. What a joke!

ENOUGH! GO WAR EAGLES/TIGERS/AUBURN!

FLO

ps I spent my first 36 years in S. Cali-SEC football is definetely heads and shoulders above ALL other conference hands down. In fact, they dominate almost every sport except Hockey and Lacrosse which are awesome sports!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

The record for the opponents of each school (minus each opponents loss to that school) is as follows:
    Oklahoma 57-33 .633
    USC 49-40 .550
    Auburn 45-39 .535

Non-conference win % (by conference):
    1. Big XII - .778
    2. Big 10 - .727
    3. ACC - .724
    4. SEC - .706
    5. PAC 10 - .621

Oklahoma has a tougher schedule than either of the other two and they are in a tougher conference than either of the other two. If there is any justice in the world those West Coast pretenders will lose this week and the top two teams in the nation, Oklahoma & Auburn, will finally get to match-up. At which point, Oklahoma will become the national champion.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    The record for the opponents of each school (minus each opponents loss to that school) is as follows:
    Oklahoma 57-33 .633
    USC 49-40 .550
    Auburn 45-39 .535

Non-conference win % (by conference):
    1. Big XII - .778
    2. Big 10 - .727
    3. ACC - .724
    4. SEC - .706
    5. PAC 10 - .621

Oklahoma has a tougher schedule than either of the other two and they are in a tougher conference than either of the other two. If there is any justice in the world those West Coast pretenders will lose this week and the top two teams in the nation, Oklahoma & Auburn, will finally get to match-up. At which point, Oklahoma will become the national champion.
    You must be smoking some of that Maui Waui :redface: nonetheless, awesome stats, but they do not apply here:

Auburn:

Sat, Sep 4 Louisiana-Monroe W 31-0 --
    Sat, Sep 11 at Mississippi State W 43-14 --
    Sat, Sep 18 (14) LSU W 10-9 --
    Sat, Sep 25 Citadel W 33-3 --
    Sat, Oct 2 at (15) Tennessee W 34-10 --
    Sat, Oct 9 Louisiana Tech W 52-7 --
    Sat, Oct 16 Arkansas W 38-20 --
    Sat, Oct 23 Kentucky W 42-10 --
    Sat, Oct 30 at Mississippi W 35-14 --
    Sat, Nov 13 (11) Georgia W 24-6

Your OU:

Sat, Sep 4 (25) Bowling Green W 40-24
    Sat, Sep 11 Houston W 63-13
    Sat, Sep 18 Oregon W 31-7
    Sat, Oct 2 Texas Tech W 28-13
    Sat, Oct 9 (6) Texas W 12-0
    Sat, Oct 16 at Kansas State W 31-21
    Sat, Oct 23 Kansas W 41-10
    Sat, Oct 30 at (23) Oklahoma State W 38-35
    Sat, Nov 6 at (22) Texas A&M W 42-35
    Sat, Nov 13 Nebraska W 30-3

U of Spoiled C$^ts, I mean Children:

Sat, Aug 28 at (15) Virginia Tech W 24-13
    Sat, Sep 11 Colorado State W 49-0
    Sat, Sep 18 at Brigham Young W 42-10
    Sat, Sep 25 at Stanford W 31-28
    Sat, Oct 9 (4) California W 23-17
    Sat, Oct 16 (20) Arizona State W 45-7
    Sat, Oct 23 Washington W 38-0
    Sat, Oct 30 at Washington State W
    Sat, Nov 6 at Oregon State W 28-20
    Sat, Nov 13 Arizona W 49-9

Lets see Auburn played three teams at the time the were in the TOP TEN and are still in the top 14. Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU are not exactly slouches. Add Arkansas and Alabama. Remember Arkansas gave Texas a tough time as Texas limited OU too.

Lets see OU played one top 10 this year and had tough times at home with Texas 12-0 and on the road with OSU, a team that cracks the top 25 with their close loss to OU. Where is the strength of schedule? Not buying into that one Mr. Stoops. And it should be ok for a sports reporter to share with his audience that he believes that Auburn is better. See Stoops *****es to ESPN.

Now USC and the SLACK 10. Hmm, they played Cal. Ok then who. An overrated Virginia Tech. Cal was in their game w/'sc in the coliseum till the last play of the game. So who has Cal had to play to earn their undeserved ranking? No one just like sc and the rest of the slackers in that OVERRATED conference.

At least Auburn and OU will have to represent in their conference championships. 'sc no way jose'. And if they did they would have to play Cal, who would probably win the second time 'round.

OU should be 2nd, Auburn 1st, and 'sc and cal 9th and 10th. I am a LSU Tigers fan so that almost :redface: makes me neutral here!

OU had their butts handed to them in the Sugar Bowl and the refs did all they could to make it close. Stoops should have been kicked out for his incessant crying all game long and his usual poor sportsman conduct and behavior.

GO OU, if Auburn can't be there. BCS ratings are the biggest joke ever and which was proven with LSU's schedule last year. The SEC has a tougher schedule period!

Good luck HUbison!

People could say what they want but USC could match up with any team this year in College Football. They played Oregon who was undefeated. They played cal who was undefeated and the played Arizona who was a top 20 team at the time. USC has amazing coaching and players alike. You will see on New Years when Auburn or Oklahoma get to taste bitter defeat at the hands of USC. I also dont want to hear anything from LSU fans this year because they showed they dont have the heart to go for a title. Last year there was a toss up between the 2 teams and instead of showing they deserve to be the champs LSU blew it. I will say USC has the easiest schedule outta the 3 but USC demolishes teams. Cal and oregon were the only ones to compete.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -11-20-2004 at 04:17 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

one word: PLAYOFF!!!

I can't stand all the bickering about this crap of who's #2 or #3, which conference is stronger, etc. Put out some playoffs and everyone will know who the REAL #1 is at the end of the year.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    People could say what they want but USC could match up with any team this year in College Football. They played Oregon who was undefeated. They played cal who was undefeated and the played Arizona who was a top 20 team at the time. USC has amazing coaching and players alike. You will see on New Years when Auburn or Oklahoma get to taste bitter defeat at the hands of USC. I also dont want to hear anything from LSU fans this year because they showed they dont have the heart to go for a title. Last year there was a toss up between the 2 teams and instead of showing they deserve to be the champs LSU blew it. I will say USC has the easiest schedule outta the 3 but USC demolishes teams. Cal and oregon were the only ones to compete.
    No, the only one who blew it was your head coach, who cried into his hankey the whole time as a nfl coach and now as a coach for usc.

What do you mean, did not show they have heart? Did you play Georgia twice? The second game in atl for the sec championship game in practically U. of Georgia's backyard. Beat OU when no matter what the refs or the Heisman winner did could not beat the LSU Tigers.

The best example of why usc and the bcs is overrated is that other than cal, your schedule was a patsy at best this year and last. Even osu gave you a game on your own field last year.

I saw you guys play last year and your qb and receivers are great but you do not have the schedule to boast that your are the best. Sure you have cal but the rest are slacker members of the slack ten. Then you beat a crappy wolverine team to think your are the best?

PPPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE :tongue:

BTW- What is swoops talking/crying about this year? SC should have been at the Sugar Bowl and not OU!!

GO notre dame and ucla! What a prayer but anything is possible ask Prez Bush

No, the only one who blew it was your head coach, who cried into his hankey the whole time as a nfl coach and now as a coach for usc.
    Man what a terrible comment. What does his stint as a NFL coach have to do with this? Absolutely nothing. He has done agreat job at USC and is a good man.

I will never defend the damn computer system and I would love to see a playoff system. Cannot wait till USC smokes OU and all this can be laid to rest. Then of course I will hear "LSU would have beat them", or "Auburn should have been playing aginst USC not OU".

BTW can u say Heisman???
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast